Author Topic: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »
EDIT: I also think I'll try breaking my usual grading habit (wherin I grade like a teacher and generally don't put a lot of stick into the numbers anyway), as it's resulted in a loooooooooooooooot of 4-star movies. But, that'll come later. First I wanna just get all up-to-date.

Most of my ratings these days are 4 stars, but for the most part I only watch movies I think I am going to like, so it makes sense.
FINE

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 05:46:47 PM »
EDIT: I also think I'll try breaking my usual grading habit (wherin I grade like a teacher and generally don't put a lot of stick into the numbers anyway), as it's resulted in a loooooooooooooooot of 4-star movies. But, that'll come later. First I wanna just get all up-to-date.

Most of my ratings these days are 4 stars, but for the most part I only watch movies I think I am going to like, so it makes sense.

Same here. And so far a lot of what I've uploaded has been movies I own that I watch, so naturally I love them. Still, been working to be a little more critical, at least when it comes to something like star ratings.

Where do you get all those stats? I upgraded to Pro but it all looks the same. Unless I'm not looking in the right place.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 05:56:32 PM »

Same here. And so far a lot of what I've uploaded has been movies I own that I watch, so naturally I love them. Still, been working to be a little more critical, at least when it comes to something like star ratings.

Where do you get all those stats? I upgraded to Pro but it all looks the same. Unless I'm not looking in the right place.

http://letterboxd.com/relaxingdragon/year/2016/
FINE

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:03 PM »
Ah, now I've got it. Thanks! Definitely some neat stats in there. Really keen to see how it all adds up once I've finished updating my Diary (and especially going forward in the future, since now I'll also be logging the many, many, many movies I watch at home, too).

MightyJack

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 10:10:21 PM »
Grading is my least favorite thing to do, but it's a quick shorthand so I do it. And have told myself that it's just a guideline, not an exact science. Have fun with it.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »
Grading is my least favorite thing to do, but it's a quick shorthand so I do it. And have told myself that it's just a guideline, not an exact science. Have fun with it.

Ditto, and also that it's not set in stone - You can alter it on a re-watch.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2396
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »
I'm on there now, just spent an hour adding some of the movies I've watched.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:23 AM »
I'm on there now, just spent an hour adding some of the movies I've watched.

User name?
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2396
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 07:58:53 AM »
Same as here, MartyS

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »
Okay! After taking [undisclosed amount of time], I've finally managed to upload my entire backlog of ticket stubs into my diary, along with whatever other specific dates I can remember for either seeing a movie in theaters (but didn't get a stub) or watched at home/a friend's on DVD/Blu-Ray/streaming/whathaveyou. Still leaves me missing several thousand entries, since I never tracked home watching until late last year (and even then only movies that I owned, so Netflix discs are still largely a mystery), but a decent record at least of my theatrical intake. Thank goodness I got into this so early into this year, since at least I'm at 100% of everything watched in 2016 thus far, and can now stay that way, so my stats at the end of the year will be the most accurate.

So, yes, I'm probably obsessing over this site more than I should. And I haven't even gotten into making Lists yet, or writing any mini-reviews (might just copy-paste old ones from this forum and elsewhere). Still, good times. Lovely site. Gonna stick with it.

Really, really hope they put an Android app out soon. Having a good way to use the site on my tablet is just what I need.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
Okay! After taking [undisclosed amount of time], I've finally managed to upload my entire backlog of ticket stubs into my diary, along with whatever other specific dates I can remember for either seeing a movie in theaters (but didn't get a stub) or watched at home/a friend's on DVD/Blu-Ray/streaming/whathaveyou. Still leaves me missing several thousand entries, since I never tracked home watching until late last year (and even then only movies that I owned, so Netflix discs are still largely a mystery), but a decent record at least of my theatrical intake. Thank goodness I got into this so early into this year, since at least I'm at 100% of everything watched in 2016 thus far, and can now stay that way, so my stats at the end of the year will be the most accurate.

So, yes, I'm probably obsessing over this site more than I should. And I haven't even gotten into making Lists yet, or writing any mini-reviews (might just copy-paste old ones from this forum and elsewhere). Still, good times. Lovely site. Gonna stick with it.

Really, really hope they put an Android app out soon. Having a good way to use the site on my tablet is just what I need.

When I first signed up, I went back to the earliest year they had on the site, and worked forward clicking watched on any film I had seen on the first three pages of each year. Filled out my "watched" list nicely. I was pretty obsessed with the site when I first signed up too.
FINE

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 11:43:25 AM »
Thought about that, but I only wanna track things I have a specific watch date for (whether in theater or at home). It's that timeline diary aspect that most appeals to me, along with the specific stats related to my viewing habits. For a general Marking Every Movie I've Ever Seen thing, imdb has been working fine for me for years now.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:55 PM »
Fair enough, but the advantage of marking films watched is it will give you percentages and sorting abilities for lists and for bodies of work of directors/ actors.
FINE

MightyJack

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 05:28:43 AM »
I need to go through one of those "Roger Ebert's Greatest Films" lists and a "Complete Criterion Releases" list and mark those I've seen as read, just to see where I stand with each. Doing that will also give me ideas for my Watchlist.

Edit

I did this one, wound up with 70% viewed... 1001 movies you must see before you die (and it's longer than 1001)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:57:59 AM by George Harrison »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:06 AM »
I need to go through one of those "Roger Ebert's Greatest Films" lists and a "Complete Criterion Releases" list and mark those I've seen as read, just to see where I stand with each. Doing that will also give me ideas for my Watchlist.

Edit

I did this one, wound up with 70% viewed... 1001 movies you must see before you die (and it's longer than 1001)

Only 34%
FINE