Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilertastic Thread  (Read 77576 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilertastic Thread
« Reply #555 on: January 31, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »
Uhh...
http://www.gamezone.com/news/you-can-finally-sleep-with-star-wars-the-force-awakens-poe-dameron-3431677

finally.

He is pretty dreamy

I'm fairly certain the two of you are joking, but he is handsome as hell... I wouldn't do it, but I can understand how some people would be into it.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #556 on: January 31, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »
Uhh...
http://www.gamezone.com/news/you-can-finally-sleep-with-star-wars-the-force-awakens-poe-dameron-3431677

finally.

He is pretty dreamy

I'm fairly certain the two of you are joking, but he is handsome as hell... I wouldn't do it, but I can understand how some people would be into it.

I'm not, he's a very handsome and charismatic man.  I wouldn't buy one but why not if there's a market?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #557 on: February 01, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Dreamy though he may be, I find those body pillow cases weird.

At least it's something other than an anime schoolgirl for once, though. ^_^
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #558 on: February 01, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »

Exactly, he's a grown consenting man and I would assume had to give permission for his likeness
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2603
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #559 on: February 02, 2016, 05:13:15 AM »

Exactly, he's a grown consenting man and I would assume had to give permission for his likeness

That part I actually doubt, especially since it is also a character likeness and I don't see Disney giving the go-ahead for this.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
I just noticed for the first time that the doll Rey has in her AT-AT is a little rebel pilot, with the orange flight suit and everything.

That's adorable, I love it! ^_^
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #561 on: February 03, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
yeah, that and trying the helmet on makes me wonder how old her character is actually supposed to be.  My guess keeps dropping every time I watch it
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2016, 05:16:04 AM »
About Luke's age in the first movie, I'd guess.

I assume she made the doll when she was younger.

As for the helmet, if you found one, you'd all do the same thing and you know it! ^_^ No upper age limit on that one, don't give me that! ^_^

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6686
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2016, 06:01:12 AM »

As for the helmet, if you found one, you'd all do the same thing and you know it! ^_^ No upper age limit on that one, don't give me that! ^_^

The midichlorian count is over 9000! Over 9000, how can that be?!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2016, 10:09:34 AM »
OK. So I finally have a chance to weigh in on the movie. Loved. It. To. Death. I've always been a prequel supporter, but after seeing Force Awakens, I can now see where the big flaw was in the prequels.

They demystified everything. Suddenly we knew what a Jedi was and how flawed they could be, and what was in their blood that gave them power, and what they were allowed to do and not-do. The status of Jedi went from god-like-being to ninja-with-a-lightsaber. Now I ENJOYED watching ninjas with lightsabers, but that sense of mystery was gone by the time the prequels were done doing their thing.

So what Force Awakens did right was to bring back that little bit of wonder. The Force is a mystery again. We don't know what it can do. We see it do things we never knew it could do before. It adds that little dash of fairy tale back into Star Wars.

Gonna see it on my own a second time tonight in Imax 3D. (Tyrant can't stand the 3D so I had to settle for a lousy 2 dimensions..) Should be a good time! :^)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Yeah, that's what I loved so much about Maz Kanata.

Well, I loved her for a lot of reasons. She was the first CGI character in Star Wars that was actually LIKABLE and not an offensive ethnic stereotype. But she brought the magic back to the Force, you hear the way she describes it to Rey and you just forget that midichlorians were ever a thing. It was like: I BELIEVE AGAIN!!!!

I do hope we haven't seen the last of her. ^_^

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5311
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #566 on: February 11, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens (2015)
Blu-ray / DVD release date is set for April 5, 2016 :o
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B018FK66TU

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6686
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:34 AM »
Yeah, that's what I loved so much about Maz Kanata.

Well, I loved her for a lot of reasons. She was the first CGI character in Star Wars that was actually LIKABLE and not an offensive ethnic stereotype. But she brought the magic back to the Force, you hear the way she describes it to Rey and you just forget that midichlorians were ever a thing. It was like: I BELIEVE AGAIN!!!!

I do hope we haven't seen the last of her. ^_^
My only issue with her was I wish she had been a puppet, or a person in makeup.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:35 AM »
Eh, the chosen method got the job done. It didn't pull me out of the movie or make me doubt that she wasn't actually there on set. She was exactly on that threshold of reality that makes CGI a logical choice.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »
Star Wars 7: Force Awakens Script Reveals Luke Skywalker's Response To Rey
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3756775
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/