login

Author Topic: Coming Soon - Rifftrax Sync App  (Read 7501 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4950
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Coming Soon - Rifftrax Sync App
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:15 PM »
There's just no way that Rifftrax would get sufficient access to TFA to write a full rifftrax for it before it hits the cinemas.  That's a world of difference from a one off preview viewing for a review, that's like 9 screener copies in the wild.
They could just buy tickets to watch the movie over and over while hammering out the script.

Stepping on DG's toes, but I seem to recall a number of iRiff groups who did that with Twilight.
Yeah, I forget which one Quiptracks did that with. And I think Ice on Mars got a bootleg of Twilight to do their writing.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »
I'm wondering if we'll be able to watch VODs from this app as well.  I hope so, but the syncing thing is super awesome either way.  Hopefully this means more MP3 trax in the future.

Having the option to use the app to access our VOD libraries would be really handy.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 614
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 02:14:05 AM »
Some will be happy, others sad, but this makes Disembaudio obsolete.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 696
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »
I wish they would just have Dis sing any end credit song!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline dryice

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »
Since the app's in beta, has anyone tried this yet with a dvd that's an extended version (using the synch-button feature)? I'd love to try this out with Lord of the Rings extended version, and I'm curious how well that works.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 137
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »
Some will be happy, others sad, but this makes Disembaudio obsolete.

Or is it a ploy to get Disembaudio on all of our phones? Could Dis actually be Skynet?
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 12:31:18 PM »
More motivation for me to get one of those fancy smart phones all you young whippersnappers keep talking about.

I don't think I could sit through that crappy Star Wars movie again even with Rifftrax.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:45 AM »
While i tried the updated version of the Android App. I can log in. But it dosn't show any my purchase. I know they are working out the bugs. Hopefully they guys can get this to work.

Offline jt4703

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »
I was able to log in and see some of my purchases on the app however the newest Kickstarter Rewards: Star Wars 7 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, are missing from the purchases view. I didn't see them in the search list on the app either but they appear to be buyable on the website. Will these be available in the app soon?

Another weird thing in the app: On my Samsung Tab 3 the Rifftrax app dims the screen to almost unreadable darkness. I thought it was the ambient light sensor misbehaving however when I move into another app the screen instantly brightens. Also when i try to turn off the auto screen dim while in the app that part of the interface is gone. The slide bar is returned when I am in a different app or on the home screen. I turned off the auto dim and turned the screen brightness all the way up and the rifftrax app dimmed to the same state.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:58:45 PM by jt4703 »

Online BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 279
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »
I assume you logged into the kickstarter rewards page from your webbrowser? They may need to be associated with your account or something.

Offline jt4703

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
I can see them in my library on rifftrax.com when I am logged in and I have already downloaded them to my computer so that is working. The app seems to not see those specific riffs.

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
Any chance this could be made available for windows as well?  My tablet is windows based and I refuse to own a cell phone heh.