Author Topic: A little love for the Ladies?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
A little love for the Ladies?
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »
Pardon me if this has been asked before.

This might sound a little funny coming from a guy, but why not a female riffer for a change?

Specifically, why not invite Mary Jo Phel to guest riff a movie with Mike? Only for the breifest of minutes was she actually in the theater during a MST3K episode and I for one was hungry for more!

Well?
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
Re: A little love for the Ladies?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:57 AM »

This might sound a little funny coming from a guy, but why not a female riffer for a change?

Specifically, why not invite Mary Jo Phel to guest riff a movie with Mike? Only for the breifest of minutes was she actually in the theater during a MST3K episode and I for one was hungry for more!

Well?

That ep was "Quest of the Delta Knights" one of my favorites!  Mary Jo is awesomesauce, all's I'm sayin'.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »

Well?

woah deja vu!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3083
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »
Mary Jo has been touched on before, but a lady riffer could be cool. It'd be interesting to get some contrast in Riff-Style. What non-MST Female celebrities would make a good Riffer, do you think?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
Mary Jo has been touched on before, but a lady riffer could be cool. It'd be interesting to get some contrast in Riff-Style. What non-MST Female celebrities would make a good Riffer, do you think?

Sara Silverman I think would be quick witted enough for something like this.

MontyServo

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 05:19:49 PM »
Yeah, at some point every person associated with MST3K has been suggested as a guest riffer.  I think at one point they basically said that the door is open to these people but for whatever personal reasons they have yet to join Mike for a Rifftrax.  Everybody here hopes the day will come that more MST3K alumni appear as guest riffers.

That said, if I were to choose a non-MST3K lady to be a guest riffer, I think Amy Poehler would be really good at it.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

Sara Silverman I think would be quick witted enough for something like this.

Sarah would be drop-dead hilarious, but I'm fairly certain that some of her jokes would cause Mike to convulse uncontrollably.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »
what about some of the voice talent from futurama  specifically Tress MacNeille or something. 

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
     What would Mike have to offer up to get Bridget to riff one with him?  He could let her choose the movie and give her the best lines and promise to put out the trash without having to be reminded.
    Or it could be fun to have both Bridget and Mary Jo pick a real hard-core chick flick to subject Mike to. Terms of Endearment or some sloppy Sandra Bullock fest.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:14 PM »
Or it could be fun to have both Bridget and Mary Jo pick a real hard-core chick flick to subject Mike to. Terms of Endearment or some sloppy Sandra Bullock fest.

man id be all for that, i think it could be hilarious. 

ps to the mods, specifically those that can talk to mike.  has anyone ever suggested to him that we think Bridget would be an interesting guest?

Offline David

• Liked: 48
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 09:52:14 AM »
I always thought Bridget should riff Bridget Jones' Diary to get back at Zelwegger (or however it's spelled) for stealing her name.

Offline Hebs

• Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 10:03:52 AM »
I always thought Bridget should riff Bridget Jones' Diary to get back at Zelwegger (or however it's spelled) for stealing her name.

AHH he said it, who wasn't waiting for someone to say that   :D
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
Looks like you'll get that wish, mister!  Mike said in The Comics Review podcast interview that Mary Jo is in the studio!  She's an upcoming guest riffer, my friend, my friend...
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
Mary Jo Phel  <3

I miss her so. ;-; She's the sexiest and funniest woman I've ever seen on TV (with the possible exception of Tina Fey).
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »
I want Mike and Bridget to do the Lakehouse but heck, Mike + anyone doing that film would be good.  That is the most ridiculous love story and why the heck do women think it's romantic?!  One of my guy friends was recently forced to watch this by his wife who said it was the best love story ever made.  I told him to file divorce papers because she's obviously insane.

Perhaps it is the secret Mary Jo film but I think she'd go for something else if she were doing the picking, which it seems like she is.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?