login

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 8635 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
Do any of you guys bother to put up junk walls? Or do you just put up some automated turrets?

The walls don't add to defense rating, but I'm obsessive with making sure they surround the settlement.

I guess I'm asking how you guys set up defenses.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »
Well, I haven't had time for settlements, mostly just doing quests.  Sanctuary I put a couple turrets at the bridge and that's it.  However, the last few times I've fast traveled to the Red Rocket where I keep everything stored there have been raiders spawning there so on the weekend when I have time I'm going to do something.

Heard a really good idea on the Bethesda forums.  Build a two story house with a single staircase entrance.  Move/build all your workstations on the 2nd floor, as well as a fast-travel pad.  Scrap the staircase.  Walla-no one will steal your stuff and NPC's won't "Borrow" your power armor.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
Heard a really good idea on the Bethesda forums.  Build a two story house with a single staircase entrance.  Move/build all your workstations on the 2nd floor, as well as a fast-travel pad.  Scrap the staircase.  Walla-no one will steal your stuff and NPC's won't "Borrow" your power armor.

That...is fucking brilliant.

Still, I haven't had an attack yet. Maybe the walls are doing the job.

Oh, and it's "voila". For 10 minutes I thought you were using Australian slang or something.  ;D

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 10:12:47 PM »
50 hours in and the only thing I've built is some beds in the first hour. I'm interested in the base building stuff but there is too much classic Fallouting to do first.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4728
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 09:01:53 AM »
That...is fucking brilliant.

Still, I haven't had an attack yet. Maybe the walls are doing the job.

Oh, and it's "voila". For 10 minutes I thought you were using Australian slang or something.  ;D
Yeah...I can quote some Shakespeare from memory from my English-degree, but I miss the obvious ones, like Voila-Voila, Washington.

Oh, and you forgot the Dogmeat shaming..."While my master sneaks around the outside of buildings I run through the middle of them, opening all the doors and aggroing everything inside..."

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »
Walla Walla Washington is correct.
http://www.ci.walla-walla.wa.us/

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2015, 09:06:45 AM »
I know, I was being facetious and hilarious at the same time :P

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 09:12:16 AM »
Built some walls and turrets around Red Rocket Saturday, of course nothing spawned after that. 

Started a new game on Survivalist mode Sunday.  Almost gave up a few times.  I can vouch for the fact that it's insanely difficult at the start.  Apparently it gets much easier as you level.  I notice that while YOU don't heal worth a darn with food or stimpacks, raider mobs that stim heal at the same insanely fast rate as normal, which stinks considering they have like 4 times the life as normal difficulty...

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 09:19:12 AM »
I know, I was being facetious and hilarious at the same time :P

That was more directed at Lembach.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »
Found ONE kitty so far, inside the BoS ship.  (Prydwin?)  Can't take him with you, and can't interact with him, although he'll meow occasionally when you're around, which is hilarious because it made my cat sniff the speakers and mew at me the first couple times.  Also found a cat bowl, like the dog bowls but single bowl instead of double.  I want moveable kitties so I can form my own Crazy Cat Man gas station at Red Rocket. 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

Wanna make 2000 caps a day?

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »