Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas help  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
Re: Fallout New Vegas help
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
Little update here, Bethesda said that there's a fault with the kernelbase.dll module and that I need to call Microsoft. Microsoft is telling me that "Ive changed my operating system too much in the time I've had it so it's causing the problem to not work." Fucking BULLSHIT. They just don't want to troubleshoot this issue with me.

I had the idea that I should call a local computer parts and repair store, and they told me that from what it sounded like, I just need to reinstall windows, since there seems to be a problem with my system files.
Yeeeeaaah...I've done 8.5 years of IT, Tech Support and Help desk.  I worked for two years for ...a large security company...every...stinking...time...I've had to call Microsoft in 8.5 years the problem is a.) NEVER their fault, b.) They will grab on to any other companies name involved, assign blame to them, and worry the blame like a puppy with a rag-doll, c.) Will try and charge you for "support" despite the fact it is CLEARLY within warranty/contract and is CLEARLY their issue, d.) may reference you to a completely useless and usually non-related Microsoft "fix", e.) most importantly, will never fix the issue.

If you have to reinstall windows, do you get a free upgrade to 10?  Might as well install 10 if you're going to nuke and pave.  I hate even suggesting that...it's like MS gave you a pair of poopy underpants and then they upscale you to a pair of poopy slacks...

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 11:16:30 AM »
I would be able to upgrade to 10 if I wanted, but I REALLY like 7 and don't really want to upgrade if it's unnecessary...

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
Yeah, well...I upgraded two systems from 7 to 10, one went flawlessly and the other took 8 hours of 'fixin' to upgrade.

I was prepared to hate 10, but it's closer to 7 than 8, and I've been impressed how often (now that its installed and working) automatically fixes problems and does things for you.

But I understand...do what you're comfortable with for now.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 10:24:19 PM »
Reinstalled the OS and went ahead and upgraded to 10 and the results...

Was able to load into Doc Mitchell's! Now I get to reinstall all the mods and everything I had to make it work >_<

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 03:08:56 AM »

Was able to load into Doc Mitchell's! Now I get to reinstall all the mods and everything I had to make it work >_<

Hopefully you'll have a positive experience with windows 10 like me. It's always nice to have a fresh OS install anyways.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »

Hopefully you'll have a positive experience with windows 10 like me. It's always nice to have a fresh OS install anyways.

It seems nice and maybe a little faster and smoother, but that's because I reinstalled 7 before upgrading to 10, so it's basically a completely new install.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »
Congrats, now it's time to get the apocalypse up and radiating...

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »
All my mods are installed, my load order is set... Thanks for all your help, cowboys. :D