login

Author Topic: The Super Inframan  (Read 1436 times)

Offline SwordKing

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
The Super Inframan
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
Watch in amazement as legendary Hong Kong film makers the Shaw Brothers rip off Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai all in just ONE movie - THE SUPER INFRAMAN!

Seriously, how this one slipped by MST3K I'll never know. And before you ask, yes there IS an English language version.

Trailer

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qz4rl0TwoKE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qz4rl0TwoKE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
Re: The Super Inframan
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »
This movie is - how do I put this eloquently .... MAD WHACK    :D
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
This movie is - how do I put this eloquently .... MAD WHACK    :D

I think 90 minutes of that will cause us all to go insane.

Offline NeuroManson

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
This has been out on tape for at least 20 years now, released in the US as Infra-Man. Out of boredom I dubbed the audio over with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It was the only way I could tolerate watching it all the way through.
Do electric sheep dream of android Scotsmen?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »
Oh dear god I think I saw that once! was the evil woman Super Dragon Mom or something like that?  If so I saw that...

Offline SwordKing

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:37:47 PM »
This has been out on tape for at least 20 years now, released in the US as Infra-Man. Out of boredom I dubbed the audio over with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It was the only way I could tolerate watching it all the way through.

Really? How well did they sync up?

Offline Toby Danger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 11:56:05 PM »
That is brilliant, just brilliant! I hope someone is insane enough to release this on DVD, it definitely deserves a Rifftrax.

Offline NeuroManson

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:17:30 AM »

Really? How well did they sync up?

Surprisingly? Very well! I used the "Do you wanna date?" audio from the mall scene with the big fight scene at first, and it was fun doing the "You killed Ted, you midieval dickweed!" sync with the leadup. I didn't have the fancy digital editing kits most kids take for granted today, so it was essentially a "How quickly can I hit the dub button?" case of editing.

In some cases the women were speaking the guys' lines, but damn if it wasn't like the talkies scene from Singin' in the Rain bit, with the lag transposing the male and female leads' dialogue. That only added to the effect.
Do electric sheep dream of android Scotsmen?

Offline SwordKing

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
That is brilliant, just brilliant! I hope someone is insane enough to release this on DVD, it definitely deserves a Rifftrax.

It IS on DVD. I just rented it from BlockBuster.