Author Topic: Is there such a thing as "too awful to riff"?  (Read 6638 times)

Offline Kilmeister

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Re: Is there such a thing as "too awful to riff"?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:23 AM »
<Dramatic Glasses Removal>OH...MY...GOD!</Dramatic Glasses Removal>
This is a new low in film making. I almost had to turn this off before the credits were even done rolling. When I was real young, my next door neighbor got a Fisher Price video camera and we used to make all sorts of films.  I can pretty much guarantee that we as small children put more thought into sound design and cinematography than went into this trainwreck caught on film.
That being said, after I let myself descend into the madness that is the incessant guitar playing, I really got a lot of good laughs out of this one.  So I have to agree with the general consensus here, it's probably too horrible of a movie for a Rifftrax/MST3K rookie, but to a veteran viewer, it's loaded with funny stuff.

And that guitar... I had literally just talked out loud to my screen "Make it stop!' when Kevin busts out with "Yeah, give us the tools we need to locate and destroy guitar guy!". I had to pause to take a brief laughter intermission on that one :)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2015, 01:58:42 AM »
I  think "descending into madness" is the key to enjoying Roller Gator. :D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 02:31:10 AM »
   I can pretty much guarantee that we as small children put more thought into sound design and cinematography than went into this trainwreck caught on film.

Now, now.  It wasn't caught on film, it was caught on videotape. ;)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »

The thing about this movie is that it's bad in an extremely irritating way.
Agreed. Rollergator reminded me of Poochie some of the time, he was that pointlessly annoying, in a very forced "we think you'll like this" kind of way.

How subjective irritation is. I would not call non-stop laughter (mine) an irritation even when accompanied by incessant guitar.

And is the gator or the girl the main character? Confused.
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
Wait... this movie had a main character?

Someone is cruising to get their butt kicked later.

Well was trying not to be a spoiler :)

Offline Amethyst

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
The incessant rollerskating and long conversations between the women in this film took on a kind of tedium that approached "Dogfighting Aliens in Invasion of the Neptune Men" levels. (At least this film didn't have actual WWII atrocity footage or the Hitler Building. I'll give it that.)

I don't think this movie was all that unbearable. That's because I've seen "After Last Season," a movie so incompetently made it thought it could pass off a cardboard box covered with contact paper as an MRI machine. And a little girl's bedroom as a doctor's office. And a napkin covered with coffee stains and dog vomit as a movie script.

Offline dt55555

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
Took us six months after downloading this one before we actually got around to watching it, and... wow. This is perhaps the least amount of work I've ever seen passed off as a feature film since Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. However, I appreciated that the guitar obscured a lot of the dialog; that made it more watchable.

And I feel bad for the lead actress, she really tried hard and acted like she was in a real movie. Props to her for being able to play opposite an inarticulate puppet and be professional about it.