Author Topic: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks & Exclusive Shout! Bonus Discs  (Read 20607 times)

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
Re: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks: Anyone Know Which Are Never Coming?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
And from the way MrTorso phrased it...
All the Susan Hart titles aren't out there because she won't license them to anyone.
...it seems that she's not even holding them for a big payout, she's simply not licensing them at all.

That's the most confusing.

[I mean, unfortunately Dave Clark is holding out for more money than anyone's likely to pay for Dave Clark 5 CD licensing, so I get people do that, but it sounds like Susan Hart just isn't willing to consider releasing.]
Well, in such a case it's clearly more of an emotional thing than a greed thing. She views the movies as "her babies". Silly or not, that is a situation where just putting another zero on a check won't solve.

True... and from what you wrote, it crossed my mind that it may be that those four - to her - represent "some of the only things left that we owned that I still have to remember my husband's career" or some such.  In which case, yeah, licensing them for anything, but particularly for others to potentially make fun of, would be the very last thing on her mind and money would be irrelevant.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2015, 01:05:24 AM »
FYI-  "It conquered the world" and "Zontar"  are the same movie.  ICTW stars the Lee Van Cleef, Peter Graves, and of course, Beverly Garland.   Zontar starred John Agar.   :D

I like both! 
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

UncleDesIsBack

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
Especially with the window to make money on DVD rapidly closing.
Now I feel old....VHS disappeared after I bought the first 2 seasons of Babylon 5 on them, then it all went to DVD

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
Now I feel old....VHS disappeared after I bought the first 2 seasons of Babylon 5 on them, then it all went to DVD

I used to DREAM of owning a VHS.  We were so poor, we used to poke each other in the eye, on Friday,   just to see something entertaining.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »

I used to DREAM of owning a VHS.  We were so poor, we used to poke each other in the eye, on Friday,   just to see something entertaining.

We had to sell our Fridays. We had to make do with three Mondays and a late Thursday evening.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
"And every night, our parents would kill us and dance on our graves, singing hallelujah."

"You know, you tell that to the young people today, and they won't believe you."

I used to DREAM of living in a corridor!  ;)
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »
You know, despite all the 'it's already been said" posts, its nice to have a definitive list of what HASN'T come out yet.  Thank you OP.  As a matter of fact, while I go back to the "keep sharing the tapes" days I don't have ANY of those extras listed...
Oh, and what's the problem with "Deadly Bees"...the unedited version of which scared the crap out of me as a small child?  Rifftrax is releasing this as a Blu-Ray, so the rights are obviously available.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:17:53 AM by Parker_Hylton »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 06:44:45 PM »

Oh, and what's the problem with "Deadly Bees"...the unedited version of which scared the crap out of me as a small child?  Rifftrax is releasing this as a Blu-Ray, so the rights are obviously available.

What's this then?  I see that OLIVE films is releasing Deadly Bees on Blu October 27 (along with Phase IV).  Where does RiffTrax fit in?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

soguru

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 05:20:13 AM »
What I REALLY want are some of the older DVD sets to get a re-release. Some of them are really hard to find and expensive.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 05:30:40 AM »
What I REALLY want are some of the older DVD sets to get a re-release. Some of them are really hard to find and expensive.

Well they just did Vol 1 a couple weeks ago....

http://amzn.to/1KDEJ3X

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

soguru

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 07:49:15 AM »
I noticed. That's why I'm hoping they'll re-release the sets that contain prince of space, space mutiny and riding with death. Dammit I love those episodes, they are definitely in my top 10 MST3K episodes. Any chance they'll just release the full season 8 on DVD? That, I might actually buy even if it's like 200 bucks or something.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 10:24:15 AM »
I noticed. That's why I'm hoping they'll re-release the sets that contain prince of space, space mutiny and riding with death. Dammit I love those episodes, they are definitely in my top 10 MST3K episodes. Any chance they'll just release the full season 8 on DVD? That, I might actually buy even if it's like 200 bucks or something.
They haven't released Riding With Death yet.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2167
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
The Turkey Day collection would have been the perfect chance, too...

soguru

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:44 PM »
I guess I can cross my fingers right?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2015, 06:02:52 AM »
I guess I can cross my fingers right?
That sounds mellow enough, yeah.