Author Topic: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks & Exclusive Shout! Bonus Discs  (Read 17843 times)

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
Re: Remaining un-DVD'd MST3Ks & Exclusive Shout! Bonus Discs
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »
MST3K Set XXXIX has been made available for pre-oder from SHOUT! Factory.  [Updated first post to reflect this and this set's bonus disc.]

According to SHOUT!, the first 1500 people ordering will also receive a bonus disc of the entire 'Poopie!' collection.  But didn't they release it all already as parts 1 and part 2 on earlier discs?  Where's the unique stuff?  Particularly with the two 'Making of' episodes still outstanding?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
The Poopies were released by Rhino and their Poopie 2 was truncated.. Waiting to see if Poopie 2 is the full version as seen on the original best Brains VHS release...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »
The Poopies were released by Rhino and their Poopie 2 was truncated.. Waiting to see if Poopie 2 is the full version as seen on the original best Brains VHS release...

Thanks, I'd forgotten that Poopie 2 was cut to only 15 minutes or so until you mentioned it.

Someone on Facebook also commented that there was a 'Poopie Parade of Values'.  Was that just the name for the combined/complete Poopies 1+2 when Best Brains released it, or was that yet a different Poopie that hasn't been released yet.  If so, there may potentially be even more new Poopie to enjoy!

[I have now, in the two posts I've made on this tonight, probably used the word "Poopie" as many times as I'd used it in my entire life prior to these posts. ;D ]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:23 AM »
MST3K Set XXXIX has been made available for pre-oder from SHOUT! Factory.

Titles Include:

Girls Town
The Amazing Transparent Man
Diabolik
Satellite Dishes??? <--- I don't recall that one

Someone on Facebook also commented that there was a 'Poopie Parade of Values'.  Was that just the name for the combined/complete Poopies 1+2 when Best Brains released it, or was that yet a different Poopie that hasn't been released yet.  If so, there may potentially be even more new Poopie to enjoy!

I think that's their infomercial-style sales pitch thing for various products in the mst3k store:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucOy0xjDxg
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:30:05 AM by eegah »

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2017, 03:57:24 AM »
MST3K Set XXXIX has been made available for pre-oder from SHOUT! Factory.

Titles Include:

Girls Town
The Amazing Transparent Man
Diabolik
Satellite Dishes??? <--- I don't recall that one

I think that's their infomercial-style sales pitch thing for various products in the mst3k store:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucOy0xjDxg

Thanks.  The 'Satellite Dishes' for the fourth disc is a collection of every host segment from all the remaining un-releasable films/episodes.  So at least we have crisp/clean versions of those parts, even if we can't get the films themselves.  I just hope that they don't cut any of the corridor or opening sections such that they remove bits of carry-over dialogue.  (I'm thinking of what they did with the final "Bawk-bawk-bawk-baawwwwwwwwk!" in the short 'Chicken of Tomorrow' when it was released in one of the shorts-only extras on an early disc, before they got the rights to the film it was part of - that always pissed me off, because that last set of musical 'bawk's was so operatic, it was what made the musical 'bawks' really funny.)  In other words, I hope they leave every frame down to where the final corridor-door (#1) begins to open, and every one from when it closes-on to when the internal and end host segments start.

It would be nice (but no mention of it, so highly unlikely) that they also would add a (complete) collection of all the opening slate cards, since almost none of them were on the original Rhino discs.  At the very least, a set of all the fills not already released on SHOUT!-released copies.  [I'm referring to the ones with I presume Joel in voiceover saying, "Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode ___, reel one" that preceded a number of episodes in roughly the 3rd-5th seasons.]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:16:20 PM by LucasM »

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
Placed my pre-order, but was really hoping for the KTMA host segment bonus instead of more poopie

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »
The only thing I find sad is that Rocketship X-M couldn't be put on there.  It would've been a nice capper to have a set where the end of the classic run and the beginning of the Kevin Murphy Servo run in the same box set.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »
So I've.. acquired the remaining MST3K episodes. Does anyone know where I can.. acquire some nice slim DVD covers?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
So I've.. acquired the remaining MST3K episodes.

I'm calling the police.
FINE

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2017, 04:30:04 AM »
So I've.. acquired the remaining MST3K episodes.

I'm calling the police.

;D ;D ;D

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
So I've.. acquired the remaining MST3K episodes. Does anyone know where I can.. acquire some nice slim DVD covers?
Joshway 8)
http://mst3k.joshway.com/

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
It's so weird when I run into bootleg copies in local record/video shops that have Josh's covers on them.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
Ah, of course. Joshway! Gonna make some nice covers and labels for these bad boys.