Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 15135 times)

Offline Kasmsmfe

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2017, 02:16:14 AM »
I upgraded win 10 from Windows 8.  Personally, I think it is much better than windows 8. Previously, I tried very hard to reset windows 10 password.  Now, it only takes 10 minutes to  without disk. This is a quite impressive advantage over windows 10.
At least you are lucky . you have succeed recover password on Windows, i upgraded win 10 from Windows 8 , i have failed, what is worse , the save files on the computer get loss , and i unable to access to my computer ,
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:23:34 PM by Kasmsmfe »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3067
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
Just had a big Win 10 update that took nearly 45 minutes to install on one of my tax computers while a tax client was patiently waiting.. Finally got the computer to boot up and after finishing his taxes, I couldn't print them! There was no communication between the computer and the printer so I could print out his taxes! Had to save each form as a .pdf, then save them to a thumb drive and print them out from another computer! :grr:
After the client left, I troubleshot the printer issue and looks like this update corrupted the printer driver to the point that I had to uninstall the driver and reload it from scratch!
It's now working fine again.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2222
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »
That has been the only problem I've had with Win10 updates, most of the big ones mess up my printing.  In my case it's always messing with the network port the printer is set up on so it's listed as offline.  Usually I can just delete the port and create a new one, but once in a while I have to reinstall the driver.