Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 9851 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »
It's clear when they did Windows 8 that Microsoft was convinced we'd only be using tablets by now. But when you're using it on a PC, it is the absolute worst. The start menu that fills up the whole screen, the little menus that pull up when you mouse too quickly along the edge of the screen. I have to use it at work, and I'm constantly having to work around it, rather than use it.

When you have to use help to figure out how to do a simple task with a mouse that means the OS has failed....

I think it may have been a push to get companies to do touchscreens for desktops, several companies even did it, the ergonomics of that is horrible, having to reach up to swipe on the screen was never a good idea.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
Just had a big update that installed on my laptop a little while ago that reset all my settings  :angry:
I'm just glad it didn't screw up the boot up process like what happened before..

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2016, 11:44:25 AM »
Just had a big update that installed on my laptop a little while ago that reset all my settings  :angry:
I'm just glad it didn't screw up the boot up process like what happened before..

God damn Windows 10 "upgrade" screwed up my overclock settings, and when I tried to change them back, the computer got stuck in an endless boot cycle. And I had JUST gotten them stable like 2 days ago. Flippin' hell, I "love" coming home from surgery to find that Microsoft has been screwing around with my computer without my knowledge or consent.  :grr:

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

God damn Windows 10 "upgrade" screwed up my overclock settings, and when I tried to change them back, the computer got stuck in an endless boot cycle. And I had JUST gotten them stable like 2 days ago. Flippin' hell, I "love" coming home from surgery to find that Microsoft has been screwing around with my computer without my knowledge or consent.  :grr:
Yeah This is pretty fucked up that you can't control what installs and when to install them..
My main computer still runs Windows 7 Ultimate and I have no plans to upgrade it to 10 till 7 expires because of BS like this >:(

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:56 PM »

That really blows. Were you over clocking through som kind of software or through the bios?  Cause if it was through the bios it seems really weird that windows would be able to touch it.

Offline CJones

• Liked:
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »

That really blows. Were you over clocking through som kind of software or through the bios?  Cause if it was through the bios it seems really weird that windows would be able to touch it.

It was through AMD Overdrive. I have an FX-8350 4.0 GHz that I had overclocked to 4.5 Ghz. If I cut the power, it will boot normally, but without the Overdrive settings. As soon as I try to apply the Overdrive settings I'd been using, it starts resetting itself for some reason. My GPU overclock seems unaffected, so at least there's that.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...

Offline RobThom

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Its flossy of you dont fool around with it

If you dick around with it the start menu disappears and it crashes down like a house of cards

Its a delicate bitch

I've tried it for the 5th or 6th time and back to 7 again

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:29:34 AM by RobThom »

Offline CJones

• Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »
I applied the "Creator's Update" today. I should have stuck with hunch.  :angry:

A bunch of my Steam games no longer work, including Nier Automata and Pinball Arcade. I'm not happy about this,,, :o

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2017, 08:21:21 AM »
I applied the "Creator's Update" today. I should have stuck with hunch.  :angry:

A bunch of my Steam games no longer work, including Nier Automata and Pinball Arcade. I'm not happy about this,,, :o

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline CJones

• Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2017, 06:39:00 PM »

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick update. At the recommendation of someone on the Steam forums, I updated my nVidia drivers. And it did help. Nier Automata and Bayonetta, 2 of the games that got broken, work again.

However, The Pinball Arcade, and Stern Pinball Arcade are a different matter. Sometimes they will boot, but only after a ridiculously long time (over a minute) and other times they won't boot at all. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Keep in mind that these are games that used to boot up in about 5 seconds, before this damn update.