login

Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 48484 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2015, 03:11:31 PM »
Ah, I see.  Yeah, sleeping during the day probably wouldn't help with that :-[
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
Every once in a while, every so often, I go to a Twitch stream of the Youtuber who I was a massive fan of up until a few months ago, and I don't know why. It only hurts. It only makes me sad and miss everything. But no, I'm to useless and shitty to move on. I have to dwell on it forever, because I just do that and I can't stop and I hate myself for it.

soguru

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
I'm still having my episodes. I have a sinking feeling like my body is building a resistance to the medication. :(

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
I hope not, but that can happen.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

soguru

« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2015, 04:46:53 AM »
I hope not, but that can happen.
On the other hand, these diet pills my Doctor prescribed me seem to be working pretty well so far. I just hope my dumbass body doesn't build up a tolerance to them as well.

soguru

« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »
Now I'm really disturbed. It's almost midnight, everybody is asleep, and I'm... feeling like shit again. Dammit, medications aren't working anymore. That's how it seems anyway. It's like all these negative emotions seeping through the dam.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4624
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2015, 11:59:59 AM »
Now I'm really disturbed. It's almost midnight, everybody is asleep, and I'm... feeling like shit again. Dammit, medications aren't working anymore. That's how it seems anyway. It's like all these negative emotions seeping through the dam.

If the diet pills you mentioned in the previous post are stimulants, then you may be suffering a rebound effect from them when they wear off, which would be likely to crash your mood.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

soguru

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »
If the diet pills you mentioned in the previous post are stimulants, then you may be suffering a rebound effect from them when they wear off, which would be likely to crash your mood.
I'm sorry you're having a rough time.
To be fair it's no different than before I started them, so no I honestly don't think it's a crash
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:28:11 PM by Soguru »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2015, 09:07:45 PM »
It's really cool when you're majorly depressed, and you feel like you're going to have to kill yourself in a few weeks, even though you really don't want to because for the first time in your life you have something to live for and someone who loves you, and you're at a mega low point and you can't go an hour without thinking about how absolutely useless and hopeless it is, and all of your friends don't talk to you much any more, and you live alone, and you try texting that stupid crisis text line, and you explain you're scared, because you're at a point where you're only seeing the option of killing yourself, and you tell them that you don't want to, but you can't see any other way, and the person says "Why do you want to kill yourself?" and asks you a bunch of questions you'd just answered previously, which makes you feel worse because it's just reinforcing the idea that no one ever is going to listen to anything you say, because you're trash, you're useless, you're complete garbage and it just make sense that you should kill yourself because why would anyone want to talk to you, why would the friend that you've had for nearly 12 years want to talk to you when you're going through an extremely hard time, why would that person be anything but hostile towards you, because you're just garbage, because you're sitting there, stagnating doing nothing because you don't have any hope, you've known for years that if you live to 25 it's a miracle and you know that you're coming up on that really quickly and you're terrified because you just lived knowing that you would die soon, and now that it's come to it, you don't want to, but you don't have any options left, you're just alone in a room, sitting in the dark wishing that you'd just wake up and that all the bad stuff is a nightmare and it will all be ok but you know that it's not. Really good feeling.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
Is that text system anonymous?  If so they probably don't keep a record of what you have sent in before.

Try to use the repeat questions as an exorcise, try to think of different answers, anything to get your mind looking at anything from a different perspective, rather than repeating what you have thought before.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2015, 09:34:57 PM »
Is that text system anonymous?  If so they probably don't keep a record of what you have sent in before.

Try to use the repeat questions as an exorcise, try to think of different answers, anything to get your mind looking at anything from a different perspective, rather than repeating what you have thought before.

It's anonymous yeah, but at the same time, I'm not getting mad at him for not knowing what I said in conversations with other people. I'm mad at him for asking me about stuff that I just told him.

soguru

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »
Listening and remembering are two different things. I've learned that the best thing to do with remembering is obviously, write yourself a damn note, but say it three or four times so you don't forget what you're doing or where you are going! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've passed by a place I intended to go and said out loud to myself "God dammit you stupid shit!"

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »

It's anonymous yeah, but at the same time, I'm not getting mad at him for not knowing what I said in conversations with other people. I'm mad at him for asking me about stuff that I just told him.

In the same session the questions he asked were repeating?  Sorry to hear that, I thought maybe some time had passed and he thought you were a new person.

soguru

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2015, 11:02:24 PM »
My new medication doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot, so I might have to go back to my doctor and get something else. I gotta tell you, I am getting really depressed about not finding a med that's working for one aspect of one of my many disabilities.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »
I've been having hard times this weekend. I finally get over it a bit last night, and have started feeling like I actually can accomplish something, and start to feel a bit better. My mother wakes me up with a phone call this morning, literally calling to say "I CAN'T HELP YOU GET A JOB." Aside from the fact that I'd never go to her for money again, even if my life was on the line, she knows that specifically her saying those things is NO help to me, and is a massive trigger for me. The worst part is I accused her of only thinking of herself, and got pissed at her because she calls to specifically trigger me, and say that the only reason she's worried is because she doesn't want to seem like a failure of a parent with a child on the street. "No, I just wanted to call and see where you were at cause I'm afraid that you are going to call me at the end of the month and ask for money and I won't have it." Woman. I hate you. I would rather be homeless then have to go back to you for money. I will die before I ask her for help again.