Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 48432 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 508
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #525 on: October 18, 2018, 08:05:59 PM »
I'm officially calling it. I'm hitting depression levels where I'm non functioning. Basically a step below suicidal; I'm not actively trying to kill myself, but kinda hoping for an act of god to strike me down or something. I've been debating on going into an inpatient facility, which is a good indication that I probably should go, and so I called the nearest one I can get into. They currently have a bed available, and so tomorrow afternoon I'm going to call them up, do the intake assessment, and go there for a few days. This will let my meds get adjusted and give me some breathing room to recenter myself without the world weighing down on me. So, if you don't see me for about a week, that's where I am.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4618
« Reply #526 on: October 18, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »
I hope things can settle a bit for you, lesbunny, and that the inpatient time helps.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #527 on: October 19, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »
When my depression hits record lows... I go to some very, very dark places in my mind. My meds help... but they can only help so much.  :( I feel like I'm having more manic episodes as of late.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #528 on: October 22, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
I'm back, bitches

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #529 on: November 11, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
So, like, I'm worried that I've got shit temperment for the career path I've chosen. There's a resident at the nursing home I'm working at who is a royal B. She is a CGA, or Contact Guard Assist, which means she is relatively independent, there are a few things she can't do because she can't reach them, but for the most part, we are there to make sure she doesn't fall. Technically, if we do anything for her that she can do herself, it's neglect.

Despite this, despite her being well aware of it, she insists that it's our job to do basically everything for her. She can't reach around behind her to pull her shirt down, or her brief or trousers back there, so we pull them down in the back. She is supposed to take care of the front. Last night, she put her call light on, because she needed to use the toilet, I went in to help her out of bed and to the toilet, because those are things I'm supposed to do. She is YELLING at me the entire time, complaining that I'm not doing my job, useless, all that jazz. I'm just letting her carry on a bit, because I'm not going to get back in her face and tell her what's what, confrontation of that sort isn't something I like to do. The girl who's training me, however, was right outside the door, making sure that I did things ok. Minute the resident starts yelling, she's in there giving her the what's what, telling her that she needs to say please and thank you, not yell at us, that I am doing my job to the letter, explaining that we are not supposed to touch her if she can do it herself.

Meanwhile, I'm just quiet, helping the resident toilet, trying not to break down, which I manage until I can duck out of the room. Head to the bathroom, crying and junk. Like, I get it, she was being super shitty, and it was literally my second day on the job, working nights, so I'm tired, my feet hurt because I'd been on them for 20 of the last 48 hours, all that jazz. I don't even know what it was, if it was the fact that she was yelling at me, or that I was just exhausted and emotionally vulnerable, or that I feel bad because there wasn't more I could do to help, or even that I didn't have the guts to stand up to her and tell her off for what she was doing. Maybe it's all of it, I don't know. I'm just stressing over the fact that I didn't tell her off, which I should have done, and that I ended up in tears. I don't know who I can really talk to about it, ya know? I'm just like... am I cut out for this? Literally everything else about the job is good. I love doing it, it's rewarding and feels good to do, and the nurse even said last night that she loves the way I talk to the residents and how I am with them. I just don't want to break down every time someone doesn't get their graham crackers because we're out. Not to mention, I do understand her side, too. It's rough getting old, and knowing that you do need assistance for the stuff that you used to be able to do all by yourself. Doesn't make it ok to yell at the care team, but it gives reason. I don't know.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #530 on: November 11, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »
 I'd say talk to the one that is training you, ask her how she deals emotionally with difficult residents.  It is something you will have to learn how do deal with.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #531 on: November 11, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »
I'd say talk to the one that is training you, ask her how she deals emotionally with difficult residents.  It is something you will have to learn how do deal with.

Yeah, and like, it's not going to stop me from going in or something, you know? Just hit me a bit hard, I guess. I know that I am allowed to tell them that I will come back when they're going to be less aggressive/belligerent, I may do that in the future.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #532 on: November 12, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »
I saw my therapist at the neuroscience center today. We agreed that I'm doing well on the current meds so she wrote me out some more scripts for my Lorazepam and Eszopiclone. I'm also still on the Benztropine for the involuntary muscle spasms causing biting of my lips, tongue and inner cheek. Fortunately that has improved over the past six months but it still happens every once in a while and when it does, I can't stop myself from letting out a yelp.

I also got contacted by a friend I haven't seen in years. She wasn't mad at me for falling out of touch but we just talked and talked for what seemed like FOREVER. I guess after that many years you have a lot to catch up on. Sometimes I know I'm not the person I used to be and I'm afraid catching up with an old friend would somehow trigger my anxiety, PTSD or my mania. I don't know why I believed that, it's just one of those false beliefs that sneaks into the brain, planting itself like a piece of glass and no matter how hard I try I just can't dislodge it. It's just something I've been struggling with over the past six years and something I just wish would go the hell away.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 255
« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »
Maybe not the right thread for this...maybe I'm just venting...father who I've been estranged from for many years now called my wife this morning and said I needed to go there right away because my sister was in the emergency room and deathly ill. Wife got pissed because my reaction was that this was my sister's latest attempt to feed her prescription drug addiction. After several tests, the doctors had the same belief as me. My belief was further confirmed after my sister was sent home and then called me begging that I send her prescription pain killers to help her deal with "her pain". I feel for her, despite what my wife and family seem to think, but 3 rehab stints and an extended time with us a couple of years ago didn't help and at some point she needs to deal with her problem and I can only do so much.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »
And just so I don't come across as so totally cold, me going to see my sister wasn't a case of getting in a car and driving across town...I live 1,200 miles away.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »
And now my sister is posting pictures of herself and her new boyfriend out at a bar tonight on Facebook.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4618
« Reply #536 on: January 29, 2019, 08:58:45 PM »
Wonderful thought...
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #537 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »
Dude, fuck gender dysphoria. After some soul searching and talking to people, I reclassified (for lack of a better term) myself as non-binary gender fluid, and it's really weird. Kinda float around on the male/female and masculine/feminine spectrums, usually either masculine gal or feminine guy, with minor detours back and forth in between. I get to never feel right in my body, which is cool, I'm used to that, somewhat, but now it depends on where I'm at as to exactly what I hate about me. MF? Too fat, need to be buff as hell, get some muscle. FM? Again, fat, but now I'm frustrated with the breasts I have. I literally ordered a binder to deal with that, so I can look more like a guy when I want(which annoys me because I feel like I'm just being a guy with extra steps).MM? Not enough muscle, plus the chest. FF? Too tall, too fat, basically everything I used to have the dysphoria for.

I did show some people a pic, and they said I look fairly androgynous, but idk how to take that. And I'm worried that the binder won't be here by Friday, which is when I'm going to an LGBT conference and was planning on exploring the male side a bit more, since my parents are finally calling me Lilly and accepting me as a daughter, and j don't wanna fuck that up. I'm currently looking up alternative options for binding, and probably will try double layered sports bras if the one I ordered doesn't get here, though I'd rather not.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1513
« Reply #538 on: February 13, 2019, 07:07:46 AM »
For FF I think your hair needs to be more spiky and you need a bigger sword.

Sorry. The only other gender fluid person I know is big into Noctus cosplay. On facebook I watch them go through a lot of the same things you are wresting with. It can’t be easy, constantly being uncomfortable, and feeling like a different person depending on the day.  That in itself might not be too bad, but dealing with other people’s expectations sounds awful. I have no advise for you. All I can offer you is support.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you're interested in seeing me as a femme guy, there it is. I'm doing this kinda thing all weekend, and it really feels great. I love the look that the chest binder I got gives me, I legitimately feel better looking in the mirror with it on when I'm in this identity space. It compresses a lot, and I can't wear it for more than 10-12 hours at a time, but it's still fantastic for my dysphoria. Comfortable? Nope. Necessary? Yes. Today is a great day.