Author Topic: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)  (Read 48891 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: General Psychology Thread (for non-emergency and long-term issues)
« Reply #285 on: December 04, 2015, 07:07:56 AM »
Can't imagine what going through that is like, LC. I'm glad you were able to find a little happiness last week, though. But I do know all about people wanting you to be something you aren't and can't be. I haven't been on here lately because I've been back and forth emotionally and just couldn't find the emotional energy to spend on seeking or giving advice. For the most part, I'm much happier on my own than I was married. In fact, the only time I get depressed lately is when I have to deal with my ex. She has this way of making me feel like less of a person because I wouldn't and don't live up to her own life ambitions. I don't know why I let her get to me like that, but I do. I still find myself having difficulty telling her no, even though I can now ignore her much more easily. Case in point, this Saturday is my family's Christmas party and I asked to get my daughter early since I'm not supposed to have her until Sunday night. My ex wanted me to take her on Friday night because it's easier for her since she has to work on Saturday. Thing is, I have a date planned for Friday night, so I told her I couldn't do it. So she gives me a guilt trip about having to disappoint my daughter because she already told her I would. And this is after she also got onto me about keeping my daughter overnight when I had her for Thanksgiving. Obviously it's more about what's convenient for her, rather than what our daughter wants. And yet that episode last week bummed me out for days and made me miss a possible date last Saturday night because I just didn't feel like doing anything. I'll be glad when everything is done and legal and I can finally ignore her when she starts in on her bitching.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #286 on: December 04, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
That really sucks, MST. I just don't understand why people can do that to their children. If your daughter wants to spend time with you, why would you stop that from happening? If you can't take her that night, it's her fault for making a promise she can't keep. The way people treat children in a divorce really steams my beans  >:(

On my front, my father called me Tegan when talking to my mother this morning. I wasn't in the room and they thought I was asleep in the other room. That made me really happy.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »
I am having a really hard week. I haven't had a week like this in a long time. I will not let it break me!

But I am going to cry a whoooooooooooooooooooole lot.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2015, 10:31:09 AM »
Crying is so nice... I need to do it more. I don't cry like ever, and every time I do it just gets so much out.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
I really hate Christmas. It's looking increasingly likely that I will be alone, and then a week later, homeless.

soguru

« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
I am having a really hard week. I haven't had a week like this in a long time. I will not let it break me
But I am going to cry a whoooooooooooooooooooole lot.
We're all here for you Anais.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »
Been extremely down this week... The job that I thought was a perfect dead lock for me turned out to be garbage. I know my therapist won't understand, she'll just see it as me sabotaging myself. I'm going to be completely homeless in the next couple of weeks. I haven't been able to get myself to file the disability paperwork online, I haven't been able to get myself to apply for a job, I just fucking can't do anything. I feel like complete shit and just want things to not suck. I wake up each day and go, damn, guess I have to continue. better luck tomorrow.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #292 on: December 20, 2015, 10:37:24 PM »
I'm really worried that I'm going to kill myself by the end of the year. I don't know what to do or where to go. Therapist hasn't been the most helpful lately.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
Apparently I need to apologize to my parents for being abused by them.

Russell AKA Soguru

« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
My art therapy group Tuesday nights has not been too bad. We had an interesting session last night where we wrote three questions then wrote our names on pieces of paper, but them in a little basket then randomly selected names and asked a question of whoever's name was selected. Pretty fun stuff, if I weren't an emotional wreck last night.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
Today I was talking to some guys on tinder as a way to get out of the boredom of my aunt and uncles. Most were meh. One guy, really cute, great conversation, single dad. I hate when we get to the point that I need to drop out the whole Trans thing. I hate it. It's awkward, it's weird. You have to time it right so you're not wasting his time, but wait until you get a feel for him and don't expect him to freak out.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »
A friend of mine is wanting to have no strings attached sex with me. I'm pretty fucking caught off guard and have no idea what the fuck to think. So damned weird.

Russell AKA Soguru

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »
I totally developed kind of a crush on somebody... who recently got engaged. I realized that I need to put my crush aside because if I truly love this person then I need to be happy for them and be happy that they are happy with who they're going to be with. I realized that's the only ethical and moral way for me to feel.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
I totally developed kind of a crush on somebody... who recently got engaged. I realized that I need to put my crush aside because if I truly love this person then I need to be happy for them and be happy that they are happy with who they're going to be with. I realized that's the only ethical and moral way for me to feel.

The film Love, Actually begs to differ.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #299 on: January 18, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
My philosophy (Back when I was eligible) on crushes in committed relationships is to let 'em go. 2 reasons:

1) Horning in on someone else's relationship is kind of crummy. But more importantly:
2) I don't want to date the kind of girl who would walk away from a committed relationship for someone else, because I would eventually be in that same committed relationship.