login

Poll

Which group of "teenagers" is more boring?

Coronet short: What Makes A Good Party?
2 (33.3%)
Fever Lake
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Who is more boring?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Who is more boring?
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »
Ok, with this Rifftrax and the Isle of Rangoon riff of the Coronet short What Makes A Good Party being released so close to each other, it made me wonder which group of "teenagers" is more boring.

The painfully white 50s twentysomethings posing as kids who think crafting hats makes a fun party game. As seen here:
http://blip.tv/isleofrangoon/rangoon-riffs-what-makes-a-good-party-7204056

Or the thirtysomethings posing as kids who claim to be horny teenagers but never actually hookup or do anything even remotely risque (even though they actually have beer).

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Re: Who is more boring?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 07:15:21 AM »
Hmm, that's a tough one.

Like, know how when you see what something cost, say, 60 years ago vs today you have to adjust for inflation? (Although they rarely do-- they just focus on "Wow, a dozen eggs used to be a nickel!" and their thinky-brains can't manage to remember that a nickel is a lot when you earn a dollar a day)

Anyway, same principal here. Yes, the kids in the What Makes a Good Party short (Rifftrax ought to do that one some time, I'll check this one out, though. I loved the version Josh Way made several years ago) were more square than a shape with four sides of equal length that all meet at right angles, but compared against how kids acted back then. . . yeah, they were still boring as hell.

So I really don't know, because when you factor that in, their relative boringness really does come pretty close.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
There is also the movie genre factor, too. The 50s kids were just in an educational short, essentially a drama. Whereas the kids in Fever Lake are in a goddamn SLASHER film! Heck, the townspeople and sheriff all assume that these kids are going to be throwing a loud and disruptive party. I don't think they even play any music at all, if I recall correctly.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:08:55 AM »
I voted for Fever Lake.  The kids in the short were hitting well over 6 Giga honkies.  The middle
teenaged kids in Fever Lake not only didn't score on the honky scale, they didn't even score.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »
Fever Lake 'kids' by a landslide. They're so deadened-of-affect it's literally painful to watch. The '50s kids were just corny in the way everything from the '50s is corny in our time.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot