login

Author Topic: New VOD - Fever Lake now available.  (Read 4038 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 129
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
Re: New VOD - Fever Lake now available.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 09:12:21 PM »
Okay...I watched it again, and it was a bit better on second watching. But definitely not my favorite. It just didn't inspire a lot of laughs because the riffers seemed kind of depressed. It's possible to be in the mood for making these things more at some times than others, I suppose. I could see why they picked the title, what with the collection of dorks thrown together.

I completely agree with you.

I figured out the formula - exceptions, of course, do apply. The Rifftrax seems to be funnier the more the movie that is being riffed will inspire the thought "What the Hell were they THINKING when they made this?" or the corollary "What were they ON when they made this?" That's why "The Room", "Birdemic", "ROTOR", and "Manos" all produce classic riffs. This, on the other hand, is just a shitty movie, not an "OMGWTF?!" shitty movie. It's easy to pinpoint the motive: Cory Haims' agent wanted to get him into one more vehicle before he was too old to play a schoolboy. Voila - "Fever Lake". Which has an even shittier screenplay than "Terror at Tenkiller" precisely because it doesn't even bother with being superbly bad by taking up all that screen time with the two girls' phone calls and planning, but instead cooked up a nickel corny plot involving an "Indian" and a completely sourceless "Evil". So, the riffing in turn is uninspired.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
It's a shame this movie has no nudity, because the three girls are pretty hot. I also wonder if the actresses even knew how chase this movie was going to be. The one woman does an oddly sexualized performance during the hide-and-go-seek game.

She seems to be thinking she's making a completely different movie the entire time.

But, yeah, the lack of nudity in this really stands out. The premise and set-up almost screams for it.  I mean, we got the tame or suggested nudity, or at least scantly-dressed-ness, in "The Last Slumber Party" but this movie keeps everyone in hideous 90s fashions the entire time.

And was Haim directed to act creepy and suspicious the entire time? Were we supposed to be surprised he was largely behind all of this?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
 ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!