Author Topic: Rifftrax Live - The Room  (Read 16054 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Rifftrax Live - The Room
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »
I've never seen "The Room" before tonight...

Can I get my sponsor name changed to Alan Smithee?

I mean, I might want to run for President someday.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »
The lines about Tommy Wiseau's "hip dick" may have made me laugh harder than anything else Rifftrax has done so far. :D

I'm so glad they riffed the sex scenes this time.  I really didn't care for the Disembaudio skits they did during the sex scenes in the original riff.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:08 PM »
The lines about Tommy Wiseau's "hip dick" may have made me laugh harder than anything else Rifftrax has done so far. :D

I'm so glad they riffed the sex scenes this time.  I really didn't care for the Disembaudio skits they did during the sex scenes in the original riff.

"Why couldn't the sex scenes be filmed this efficiently?!"

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »
Miku Fan?

I'm blaming you for Kevin's song before the show.

Offline unknownwarrior33

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
Speaking of which, Compound, what was that song?  It was playing when I entered the theater and I can't find it anywhere.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 02:20:10 AM »
It was a new one for me as well. I couldn't find it on my web search, but when they get around to updating http://www.rifftrax.com/songs  we'll have a title for it.

BiteMe316

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 05:10:32 AM »
Last night was my first time seeing "The Room."  Holyfuckingshit!!!!! It was just as incomprehensible as everyone here had said it was.  The show itself was hilarious.   :highfive:   The guys did a great job.  I covered my eyes during the infamous ass scenes (don't need that burned in my brain!!!   :gouge: ).  I  nearly had an asthma attack from laughing.  "Hip dick" was just awesome.  What's the deal with Wiseau?  Has anyone been able to find out where the hell in Europe he's from? I've never head a vaguer accent in my life!  Is that how he really speaks? 

Also, did anyone else notice how Lisa's neck bulged out when she spoke?  It was like she was having a muscle spasm!   :o
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:21:21 AM by BiteMe316 »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:59 AM »
I'd seen the mp3 riff of The Room once, but last night was the first time my wife was ever subjected to it. She didn't seem to enthusiastic at first, but less than ten minutes in she was laughing louder than anyone else in our theater. Tempted to catch the encore next week too if we have it in the budget.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 06:24:28 AM »
I've seen this movie at least twenty times in the theater, and I laughed harder at this than I have in a long time.  Part of this is that there are ALWAYS inept little details about this movie you've never noticed before ("I brought these drinks in from outside!"), part of it is that there are parts of the movie that were previously inaudible over the spoon-throwing that I could hear now, but most of it was just how damn funny these lines are.  I went with my brother, my usual partner in crime when it comes to this movie (it's a big part of how we keep in touch).  He's with me on this.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 06:39:31 AM »
Last night was my first time seeing "The Room."  Holyfuckingshit!!!!! It was just as incomprehensible as everyone here had said it was.  The show itself was hilarious.   :highfive:   The guys did a great job.  I covered my eyes during the infamous ass scenes (don't need that burned in my brain!!!   :gouge: ).  I  nearly had an asthma attack from laughing.  "Hip dick" was just awesome.  What's the deal with Wiseau?  Has anyone been able to find out where the hell in Europe he's from? I've never head a vaguer accent in my life!  Is that how he really speaks? 

Check out the interview with Wiseau in my thread in this forum. Yes, he really speaks in an unintelligible European-ish accent.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »
BTW, did anyone else get the email surprise topped with a video from YouTube about device support?  What was that supposed to be?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 07:42:22 AM »
Once again the whole family went to see it. My parents were not ready.

This time I avoided the knee slapping... on the right knee. My left is in pretty bad shape now.

I guess I'll have to slap my belly at Sharknado 2... maybe.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »
Hilarious!

I'd comment more, but I really need to get to the food store to buy some meat to make my boat.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 08:44:53 AM »
The sound wasn't terribly great in my theater. Not a RT problem, I suspect, because early on I could actually hear the volume level dropping so likely a theater thing.  But, overall, the balance between the movie and the riff was okay. The movie is ridiculous in of itself it doesn't need the riff to be too loud. I'm definitely going to catch the encore next week.  I pray someday the Live Riff makes it to a VOD because this was just too much damn fun. 

I watch the original Riff probably once a year and the most recent time was last winter before the KS announcement. I noticed more than a few repeated riffs, which was fine. They were all funny.  Couple I wish they *had* repeated. I liked the riff about "anger lets you pick up a 60-pound CRT TV and throw out the window" or something along those lines as opposed to the riff about the TV in this version of the riff.   And maybe when I watch it I don't pay greatly much attention to the movie because there's things I saw/heard in the movie that I'd never picked up on before.

But there were more than a few knee-slapping moments and, again, I loved the "skit" they did of the discussion between Lisa and Mark having sex on the spiral staircase.  Which... How?! I mean, sex on a regular staircase would be awkward enough but looking at those spiral staircases it'd be damn near spine-twisting!

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »
What a great event. The sound in our theater was well balanced and crystal clear.  8)