Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 9674 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3886
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
E3 hasn't officially begun, but it's already a good E3!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1007
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
And the Bethesda Conference.

Pipboy/Vaultboy is there:

And folks in the audience are getting issued these bracelets:

I'm presuming those will blow up at some point. After all, all glowing pieces of jewelry do that.
And the first announcement- Fallout 4 is for mobile devices!

Psyche. Put down the tar and feathers. Anyway, we start late because of course it does. After a while we finally get around to Doom. And hey, you're wearing the helmet from the cover art.

(And 450k viewers on Twitch now. Another 150k on Youtube. Wow. )

And Doom looks, well, pretty darn good from the scene showed. Yeah, probably prerendered, but if the actual gameplay comes close to how they're trying to present it, it looks rather fast paced and very shooty. Oh, and it'll have deathmatches too. 'cause Doom kinda started that, although Midimaze might disagree. And they also announce a "make you own map" feature, as Doom did that too back in the old days. Oh, so many "Alien Doom" wads back in the day... And the BFG makes an appearance right at the end. Spring 2016. Next gen and PC release.

Next up- Bethesda.net, because Ubi's version works soooooo well. And that leads into Battlecry, the "F2P game that you've forgotten about" as some called it. Looks Team Fortressy. Seems to be entering beta soon.

Arkane Studios shows up to talk about Dishonored 2. More steampunky. And hey, the protagonist(s) are returning character(s) from the first game. Next Gen release, but no date given. Oh, and Dishonored gets an XB1/PS4 HD release too.

Elder Scrolls Online. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLAY US! Look! New stuff! And our Orc Capital has a lot more buildings than Orgimmar does! How about a bear mount? I have a mortgage! Please, please, buy our game!

The CEO reappears with a tablet to promote Elder Scrolls: Legends, an online strategy card game nothing like Hearthstone. Or Gwent. F2P and on PC and iPad. The CEO then jokes that this is the end of the presentation and the crowd grabs torches and pitchforks. Good thing they issued those explosive bracelets, huh? Anyway, Fallout 4. They've been working on it since 2009. And it's got buttons! Lots of little buttons! And concept art! And spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and there's a puppy. Who's a good post-apocalyptic boy? You are! Yesyouare! And yep. Boston.  And the Collector's Edition comes with a Pipboy. And you can put your phone in it. And there will be a Pipboy app. It's "The best stupid gimmick I have ever fucking seen."

Oh, and there's a mobile Fallout game  coming too. Ha ha! My trolling wasn't really trolling! It was actually true! Well, it's Fallout Shelter and you build your own Vault and try to keep it productive and happy. Oddly, they based it on Progress Quest. Which was completely non-interactive, so I'm not quite sure how that's the case. Honestly, it looks kinda cute. It's free too. Not "Dungeon Keeper" free but free. And it'll be on the Appstore tonight. Yeah, PC and Android folks, we're hosed  on it.

Back to Fallout 4. You can use materials in the world to actually rebuild it. Houses, merchants, food , power, defenses, etc. Holy cow, an optimistic post-apoc game! And a very, very robust crafting system that borrows a bit from Dead Island. And I did see someone's head blown off with a teddy bear. Launch date- November 10, 2015. Yep. This year.

Yeah, that hype train is steaming out of the building full steam.

Aw, the folks there got  Doom, Dishonored and Fallout figures. Good lord, 528, 000 on Twitch.

Yeah, I think most people will be calling that presentation a success.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:24:01 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 08:34:45 PM »
Heh. From Twitter.

Brian Fargo ‏@BrianFargo  4m4 minutes ago Newport Beach, CA
We just better make sure Wasteland 2 on Xbox One and PS4 comes out before Nov. 10.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »
Yeah Fallout 4 looked pretty fucking insane.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »
I'm worried this E3 may have played all of its cards too early. I feel like everything exciting to me has already been covered. Let's see if someone proves me wrong tomorrow.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 07:42:03 AM »
In just under 2 hours, we'll be hearing from Microsoft.

IGN threw this up and I found it amusing:

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
And Telltale, whom everyone is ignoring while waiting for Microsoft, just announced Walking Dead: Michonne. I'd tell you more, but they're on Youtube right now and the chat there is spoiling Game of Thrones like mad.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »

Xbox Conference

There's a general PC games presentation tomorrow, so this will be a primarily Xbox panel. And let's see if the word “Kinect” shows up at any time during the panel.

And we start with an "XBox stuff is awesome" montage with various characters from the franchises. Oh hey. There's Lara Croft. Hi! And then 343 shows up to talk about "The greatest lineup in XBox history." Challenge accepted.

First up- Halo 5. It's very epic. Oh, a photo-realistic Nathan Fillion. Wasn't he already in this series? The snippet shows other Spartans, but I'm not sure if they're promoting Co-op or they're just tagging along with you ingame. And Halo multiplayer is going to 24 people in a match.

BTW, cameraman? We don't care about looking at the crowd looking at the trailer. Stop cutting away.

And a "world premiere."  New IP time. From the Metroid Prime maker. Female protag and robot dog, for those filling up bingo spaces. Oh, and they killed the dog. Looks like the cries from last night to not kill him were unheard. Anyway, it's called recore. Futuristic and little robo-doggie can switch into various robot bodies. And they double down on "Greatest lineup in XBox history."

Over to XBL and... wow. Xbox One backwards compatibility. Well, that's a nice surprise. Some digital titles, others where you just stick in the disc. And they play Mass Effect to start with it. Mass Effect XB1 exclusive! Heh. Anyway, this should show up around the holidays.

New "Elite" controller for the fall. D-pad looks different. You can swap pieces out. Remap paddles. Nice, I guess, but my $15 third party controller still works fine. The pro players will swoon though.

Oh hey, Fallout 4 guy again. It'll be on XB1. Not really a surprise there. Same footage as last night. Couldn't whip up new stuff in 12 hours? Slackers. Oh, wait. New combat footage with a "laser musket" and stuff that wasn't around last night. Yeah, nevermind my snark. Nice mech armor action though. Oh, and XB1 purchasers get a copy of Fallout 3 too. Oh, and PC mods? You can use them on the XB1 too. That's interesting.

Over to EA's Peter Moore, the most evil man in the universe. XB1 still has EA Access, the sub thing for EA titles. This includes Titanfall and later this summer, Dragonage. And if you're XBL gold, you have access to the service for the rest of the week. Oh, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is announced. Yay? How about a better PvZ 2 game not filled with microtransactions, huh? Oh, and the trailer uses "Danger Zone" for bingo players. For those who care, you seem to be on the offensive here, trying to reclaim the city from the zombies.

And now an ad for Ford. Apparently the Ford GT will be in Forza 6. Oh hey. There's one on stage. Do we get one if we pur... no? Don't be an idiot? Fine. And Henry Ford III appears. Seriously. While the Forza trailer plays, I look up the GT's price. $400k. Wowsers. Anyway, Forza will be a slight improvement over Forza 5.

Another world premiere. Skeksis? No, that seems unlikely. Well, it's got a giant, whatever it... oh, it's Dark Souls III.  Probably not an exclusive.

Over to Ubi. Hey, it's The Division! (And Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" in the trailer, just in case you missed Kenny Loggins earlier.) We'll see more of this at the Ubi conference where we'll be reassured that it's better than Watch Dogs. Okay, and a French guy promoting "Tome Clancee" seems really wrong.  And Rainbow Six :Siege comes with older Rainbow Six titles that I missed due to my being snarky. New trailer for Siege. Betas for both games XB exclusive.

And a Win 10/ XB exclusive. A team fighter game. Gigantic, which is from some of the Dawngate folks, IIRC.

And an indy montage! I'm already 5-6 titles behind! Goat Simulator! Below! Ark! Behemoth's Game 4! Superhot! Cuphead! Sword Tales!

And now the Gone Home guy is talking about "Tacoma." What has happened to the crew of Lunar Transport Tacoma? I dunno, did they elope with their girlfriend? Frigging Gone Home. "Ashen" up next. Not sure what's going on, but nice art style. "Beyond Eyes" an adventure game starring a blind girl imaging the world around her. That may be another bingo space. Looks pretty though. "Cuphead!"The retro-30s cartoonish platformer game about two people with cups for heads forced to do the Devil's bidding. No, seriously. And then an early access program for XBL is announced. Oh, yay. I can play a never finished game on XB1 now too. Titles include Day Z, Elite Dangerous, Hinterlands and the Long Dark.

And the Day Z guy shows up to talk about a game that's not a game. Oh, Gone Home. Oh, he means Ion. It's set in space? Not a really helpful trailer.

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Oh, they've turned it into a Cooking Mama clone. That's an odd choice. Oh, wait. I'm hallucinating again. She's climbing a mountain. And there's an avalanche. And running from stuff. And a lot of other things which will have me watching the death animation and then reloading from a checkpoint. Over and over and over and over again. And I swear that some of the things shown in the trailer were from other TR games. Holiday this year.

Rare! And their new title is...the Rare replay. 30 Rare games for $30.  August 4, 2015. (And Fatboy Slim in the trailer.)  Well, that's a great deal and Conker's in it. And the real new title is (Actual Gameplay Footage. Bingo box!) a pirate game. Arrr. An MMO pirate game? Arrr? "Sea of Thieves." And no more info. Oh well. At least they're still working.

Win 10/XB1- this looks Fabley. Yeah, Fable Legends. It's F2P though. Crossplay between XB1 and PC. And ... they mention Valve VR.  The audience gasps. So, Microsoft is affiliated with Occulus and Valve Vr now. Interesting. And they add in the Microsoft Hololens, untethered holograms. Dream Park inbound, baby. And Mojang shows up. No, not Notch. He's in Vegas spendiing $10k on stippers each night. Anyway, the suit talks some about the Hololens version of Minecraft. Hey, a Surface in mentioned! That's another bingo card box! And the Minecraft screen moves to a boxtop. Wow. Crap. If this is real footage, that's pretty damn impressive. (Okay, they're using a special camera. The guy with the headset sees the hologram IRL. We just see a blank table without the lens.  Nonetheless, if the headset shows the same stuff the camera is, that's still damn impressive.)

And Gears of War Ultimate Edition. The first game remastered for XB1. Multiplayer beta starts today. And we go to some more actual gameplay footage. (And I'd crank the gamma waaaay up here. Way too dark.) And Gears of War 4 gets announced. Holiday 2016.

Phil Spencer again. 5 big titles before the end of the year. (Fables, Halo, Tomb Raider, Forza, and the old Gears, which doesn't really count.) Please upgrade from a 360 to XB1! More stuff on the XB daily shows. "And the stuff we missed today, like Crackdown and Quantum Break, will be at Gamescom." Jerk.

Well, that's it. Yeah, not a home run, but there weren't any mistakes either, except maybe for EA's bit.  However, a lot of folks were saying that Xbox needed to wow us with this presentation and I don't know if they hit that target.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:03:51 AM by Compound »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »
Did we just get a car commercial in the middle of an E3 Press Conference?

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
Did we just get a car commercial in the middle of an E3 Press Conference?

No, we got a car commercial for a $400k car that they only make 150 of a year. Pretty sure most of us aren't the market. Well, maybe Vin Diesel, but that's it.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »
*Cheers and waves his little Cuphead flag*

Since the website has had like- no updates since last year's E3, I was beginning to think it was going to be vaporware. :^)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
wow, that certainly does sound like he greatest lineup in XBox history...  i am so excited to buy an xbox 1.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 11:05:47 AM »
Up next in 90 minutes or so, EA.  Yay.  10 minutes on "Feeefa.'

And nope. Kinect was not mentioned once.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
Not bad, Microsoft. Not bad. The VR headset thingy looks cool and prohibitively expensive, as does the pro controller. That Rare Pirate game looks pretty nifty. Gigantic is pretty. Eventual backwards compatibility is a big deal.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:10:09 AM by Pak-Man »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »
And the staff weighs in.