login

Author Topic: Daredevil (Netflix series)  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2912
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Daredevil (Netflix series)
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 04:00:41 PM »
I watched season 1 on my Christmas break and I loved it.  I'm actually pretty impressed that they are doing such a high production show within a year of the first one.  I'm not the biggest fan of Vincent D'Onofrio (mostly because of his work on SVU, which is pretty ridiculous, though the writing didn't help) but he killed it as Wilson Fisk.  Can't wait to see where they go with season two (though I probably won't watch it until I come back from China).

Did you get to Jessica Jones too?
FINE

BiteMe316

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
I just watched the first episode (of season 1) and am currently watching episode 2.  Honestly, I'm not liking this at all.  Just what the hell is the deal with Daredevil? He's permanently blind from a unnamed hazardous chemical spill accident (never mind that he himself was delivered via stork  ::)  ), and now he's suddenly a kung-fu master?  This is beyond aggravating to me.  Marvel is making the assumption that people have even heard of Daredevil (I haven't) so they don't feel the need to actually explain anything!  Or are things explained later?  My frustration is getting to the point where I don't know if I want to continue beyond Episode 2.

By the way, Foggy Nelson is the most fucking annoying and unappealing character ever created!!  To say I hate him is an understatement!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2912
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
Jeeeesus, give it a couple of episodes. Of course they explain the backstory.
FINE

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »
Yeah, it's a 13 episode series. They explain Murdock's background over the course. They even introduce new characters who weren't just in the first episode.

And for Pete's sake , if you haven't heard of Daredevil- http://www.rifftrax.com/daredevil
Go! Watch it! It's riffed for a reason!

BiteMe316

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »
I watched Episode 2 last night.  It was meh, really.  Though I will grant it this much: that is the most realistic fighting I've ever seen!   :o   Whoever does the fight choreography should be awarded!  I'm going to watch as much as I can this afternoon before I take my mom to the doctor and finish it sometime tonight, hopefully.

EDIT: I was only able to watch episode 3.  I guess it's starting to get better.  Maybe Foggy isn't a total douchebag.  Also, I'm not too sure how I feel about Vincent D'Onofrio.  I'm not a Law and Order fan to begin with, also I didn't like him at all in "Jurassic World".  Hopefully his character won't be like either of those.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:07:04 PM by BiteMe316 »

BiteMe316

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
I watched episode 4 and I'm basically done with this show now.  It's getting way too gruesome for my taste.  Seeing that Russian get decapitated was too much for me.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2016, 03:54:27 PM »
I enjoyed this a lot, of the two, I think I enjoyed this a little more than Jessica Jones because I felt it made better use of each episode rather than just feeling like 1 long story draaaaagged out a bit too long like JJ.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 05:53:42 AM »
I watched episode 4 and I'm basically done with this show now.  It's getting way too gruesome for my taste.  Seeing that Russian get decapitated was too much for me.

If it helps, I don't think anything tops that on the gruesome scale. You've already seen the top. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anything above that.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
It is a matter of taste though.

For me that was the point of no return. I liked the series up to then but wasn't completely sold on Fisk. After that moment I was sold and had to keep watching.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
Frankly the only character i found remotely interesting was Kingpin. Karen and Froggy are annoying (Karen Cries way too much) and Matt Murdock is bland. Especially compared to the way he is in the Comics. Frankly i would rather watch the 1966 Adam West TV Show. I can at least have Fun with that one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:49:23 PM by Road_Element »

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »
Adam West played Daredevil?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
Murdock was a far less compelling character than Fisk.

Personally i felt the same way. But i think a lot of that is because Vincent D'onofrio was probably the best actor on the show. I just found Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock to be very bland. I just didn't care or relate to him.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »
You know someone wasn't actually decapitated, right?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »
I think it's fair to say Vincent D'onofrio was the best part of the show.

BiteMe316

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 05:59:04 AM »
You know someone wasn't actually decapitated, right?

What the holy hell is wrong with you?  Of course I know that!  I'm not stupid!  Excuse me for not having a high tolerance for gore!  :grr: