Author Topic: Deadpool: The Merc with a Movie  (Read 17963 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Deadpool: The Merc with a Movie
« on: March 27, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »
Since the old Deadpool movie discussion thread has vanished, here's the new thread for Deadpool discussin'!

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3981
Re: Deadpool: The Merc with a Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »
I'm wondering how unmasked Deadpool is going to look in the film.  Also, I'm hoping the humor will be balanced in the film.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
Yeah, Deadpool's comedy comes from a super-tragic place. The key to a good Deadpool story has always been finding that balance. Letting the tragedy show without killing the comedy, and letting the comedy shine without that distant tragedy ever quite going away. And then they have to perform that juggling act without losing all the audience members who came to see one or the other.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5368
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
Has Ryan Reynolds said that he is willing to do the entire movie without showing his face (or when he does being in heavy prosthetic)?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1233
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
The script that was out a few years ago started the story before he signed up for Weapon X.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
The script that was out a few years ago started the story before he signed up for Weapon X.
Which would be when he has cancer. So presumably he has his facial deformities from it.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:02:24 PM »
I'd have to re-read it but wasn't it the 'treatment' that messed him up?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
I'd have to re-read it but wasn't it the 'treatment' that messed him up?
It's been a while since I've seen anything that explicitly states about that. But now that you mention it, you could be right. Maybe the skin issues are from his healing factor constantly repairing cancer cells.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »
Yeah, that was it. His healing factor is constantly battling his cancer and that gives him the skin problems.

To hear Reynolds talk, it seems like he'd be down for being under some makeup if it meant being true to Deadpool. The real question, if that's true, is whether Fox wants to pay for Reynold's face and only use it for masks and makeup.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:17 AM »
The movie twitter account is following one other account: Hello Kitty!

:clap:
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
To hear Reynolds talk, it seems like he'd be down for being under some makeup if it meant being true to Deadpool. The real question, if that's true, is whether Fox wants to pay for Reynold's face and only use it for masks and makeup.
I hate it when studios think like that. It's not like the star is going to be ON ALL THE TALKSHOWS or anything! And have his name ON ALL THE POSTERS!
The worst was Stallone as Judge Dredd. For fuck sake, he has a recognizable voice!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2375
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 07:09:08 AM »
I hate it when studios think like that. It's not like the star is going to be ON ALL THE TALKSHOWS or anything! And have his name ON ALL THE POSTERS!
The worst was Stallone as Judge Dredd. For fuck sake, he has a recognizable voice!

Hell, his mouth was enough to identify him.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »

I knew you'd say that!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2375
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »

I knew you'd say that!
Well it's true, no actor's mouth naturally opens at the angle that Stallone's does.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron