Author Topic: THE... OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON Thread  (Read 27988 times)

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
THE... OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON Thread
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:52 PM »
So things are happening all around the NFL..
Trades, Free Agents, and soon will be the draft so might as well start a new thread for the new NFL season 8)
 :cheers:

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: THE... OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:20:23 AM »
On the opening day of Free Agency, lets start off with another scandal.. :o
NFL to investigate contract leaks during 'tampering period'

USA TODAY Sports

Buckle your seat belts, the NFL's got another investigation to conduct.

After a Sunday filled with trade rumors and detailed reports on high profile players' contract terms, the NFL sent an email out to all 32 teams putting everyone on notice. If the NFL finds that any team settled on any formal agreements with players over the weekend, there will be an unspecified punishment.

"At this time, the league office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

NFL teams had the weekend to negotiate contracts with certified agents before the signing window opens up on 4 p.m. (ET) Tuesday. It isn't against the rules of the three day "legal tampering" period to pitch contract terms with teams, but nothing can technically be agreed upon. On Sunday, media outlets leaked contract terms for names like Ndamukong Suh, Byron Maxwell, Frank Gore, and Jeremy Maclin.

What comes of the investigation is yet to be seen, but the very public notice is sure to make teams careful about who they talk to prior to Tuesday.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:32:21 AM »
I can see Johnny 'Football' turning into Johnny 'Bust' ..
Johnny Manziel continues treatment

Updated: March 9, 2015, 8:20 PM ET
ESPN.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel is still in a treatment facility nearly five weeks since announcing he was seeking the help he needed, Browns coach Mike Pettine said Monday from the Cleveland Auto Show.

On Feb. 3, family adviser Brad Beckworth announced Manziel had entered a facility on Jan. 28 to "improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate."

In two days, Manziel is scheduled to hit the six-week mark.

The Browns are encouraged by Manziel's offseason and believe he can improve as a passer behind the coaching of offensive coordinator John DeFilippo and quarterbacks coach Kevin O'Connell. But football is an "afterthought" with Manziel right now, Pettine said.

"We're giving him his privacy and let him do what he has to do," Pettine said. "It was something he was very resolute needed to get done."

Pettine said there was no set end date for Manziel's release, making his availability for offseason workouts uncertain.

In an earlier interview Monday with ESPN Cleveland 850, Pettine said it's "too soon" to know if Manziel will be ready for voluntary offseason workouts next month.

Manziel struggled in seven quarters of play as a rookie, completing 51.4 percent of his passes for 175 yards and two interceptions.

The Browns last month signed 12-year veteran Josh McCown to a three-year, $14 million deal with $6.25 million guaranteed -- slightly higher than typical backup money.

The Browns "absolutely" expect McCown to make them better on the field in 2015, Pettine said.

McCown went 1-10 as Tampa Bay's starter last season but threw for 13 touchdowns and one interception the year before with Chicago.

"If you talk to anybody that's been with him, they just rave about the character, the football aptitude, how he makes people around him better, just being an example, professionalism, maturity," Pettine said. "That's not why we brought him here. If we wanted a mentor, that's what you bring a coach in for. For me, the guy can still play. When the circumstances are right, he's shown he can play at a high level."

The Browns are leaving the option open to add a quarterback to the roster, possibly through the NFL draft in late April.
I don't see him being a starter in Cleveland and I also see him being released after this season..
Dallas should have drafted him-he'd have fit in well there :P

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »
4pm Trades and Free Agency is under way..
Saints, Seahawks agree to Jimmy Graham trade

NFL.com

The Saints and Seahawks are finalizing details on a blockbuster trade just before the start of free agency.

New Orleans is working out the logistics of sending tight end Jimmy Graham and a fourth-round pick to Seattle for center Max Unger and a first-round pick, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »
Wow! Another big trade :o
Bradford, Foles to swap teams

Updated: March 10, 2015, 4:22 PM ET
ESPN.com

Rams Close To Trading Bradford For Foles
John Clayton reacts to the news that the Rams are close to trading QB Sam Bradford to the Eagles for QB Nick Foles.

Rams Release Jake Long, Scott Wells

The St. Louis Rams are close to trading quarterback Sam Bradford to the Philadelphia Eagles for quarterback Nick Foles, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The St. Louis Rams have elected to move on from former No. 1 overall pick Sam Bradford by trading him to the Eagles for Nick Foles.

The deal is also expected to feature draft-pick compensation heading to the Rams.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft, has not played in a regular season game since his 2013-14 season ended with a torn ACL. He was on track to start at quarterback for the Rams this season before suffering a second torn left ACL in the preseason.

Like Bradford, Foles ended the 2014-15 season on the sidelines due to injury. Foles suffered a broken collarbone in a Nov. 2 win over the Texans and was replaced by Mark Sanchez, who recently re-signed with Philadelphia.

Drafted in the third round of the 2012 draft, Foles broke out in the 2013-14 season running coach Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense. Foles finished that season with 27 touchdown passes to just two interceptions while throwing for 2,891 yards.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »
Ravens trade defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to the Lions

March 10, 2015, 3:57 PM EDT
AP

The Lions lost out on Ndamukong Suh, but they’ve added a name nearly as big.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens have traded Haloti Ngata to the Lions. The Ravens have confirmed the move.

Ngata refused to take a pay cut from the Ravens, and falls in with a team that has some space, since they didn’t make Suh the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

This is a huge move for the Lions, who were running out of defensive tackles, but creates a void in the middle of the Ravens Defense.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:48:13 PM »
Jake Locker will retire

NBC Sports
March 10, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT

In a crazy start to the league year, one of the most surprising stories is this: Jake Locker is retiring at the age of 26.

“I am retiring from football after much reflection and discussion with my family,” Locker said in a statement, via Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports. “I will always be grateful for having had the opportunity to realize my childhood dream of playing in the NFL and for the lifelong relationships I developed because of that experience. Football has always played a pivotal role in my life and I love the game, but I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living; to continue to do so would be unfair to the next organization with whom I would eventually sign. I realize this decision is surprising to many, but I know in my heart that it is the right decision and I look forward to spending more time with my family and pursuing other interests.”

Locker was a disappointment as the No. 8 overall pick of the Titans in 2011, but he likely could have found some team to pay him a few million dollars in free agency: In today’s NFL, even a mediocre quarterback can make good money.

But Locker has battled numerous injuries, and apparently his heart isn’t in it anymore. And so he’s walking away.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »
I'm guessing the Foles - Bradford trade is all about the draft pick trading.   Since it's another step down for the Eagles player-wise.  They have freed up something like $50 million under their cap with all the recent deals, but they need to get way higher in the draft for a hope of getting Mariota...

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
I'm guessing the Foles - Bradford trade is all about the draft pick trading.   Since it's another step down for the Eagles player-wise.  They have freed up something like $50 million under their cap with all the recent deals, but they need to get way higher in the draft for a hope of getting Mariota...
Yeah I was wondering about that :o

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
Report: Keenum back with Rams after Texans trade

Around the NFL
    Published: March 10, 2015 at 06:09 p.m.
    Updated: March 10, 2015 at 06:26 p.m.

The Rams have been busy rearranging their quarterback room on Tuesday.

On the same day Sam Bradford was sent to the Eagles in exchange for Nick Foles, the Rams have brought Case Keenum back into the building. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Keenum signed his tender with the Texans on Tuesday and has been traded back to the Rams in exchange for a seventh-round pick in 2016.

The Texans signed Keenum off the Rams' practice squad last December and started him in their final two games of the regular season. Keenum played well in unlikely spot duty and now gets to return to the Rams and fight for a backup job with Austin Davis.

Case Keenum will rise again. The only question is when.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:39:19 AM »
Suh, Dolphins ironing out details

NBC Sports
March 11, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT

The floodgates-opening report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen regarding the news that Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Dolphins on Tuesday ultimately was not accurate.  Unless it’s still Tuesday somewhere on the globe.

It hardly means Suh won’t be a Dolphin.

Per a league source, the two sides are still working on the smaller details of what will be a huge deal.  And it will be really huge; as noted on Tuesday, the $60 million in guaranteed money will be fully guaranteed.

And it’s essentially guaranteed that Suh will be a Dolphin.  Unless, as the Lions would say, he comes to his senses.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
Jaguars make Julius Thomas deal officially official

NBC Sports
March 11, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT

Now that the league year has started, we can make the rounds of making official all the deals that couldn’t be prior to 4 p.m. yesterday.

Next stop, Jacksonville, where the Jaguars have announced the acquisition of tight end Julius Thomas.

Of course, we knew that two days ago.

Thomas provides an athletic target for quaraterback Blake Bortles, and gives the Jaguars a legitimate playmaker downfield.

They’re spending aggressively already, with more deals likely to become “official” in the next few hours, as they drag their guys into town.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »
New York Jets clear leader to sign Antonio Cromartie

Around the NFL
    Published: March 11, 2015 at 10:02 a.m.
    Updated: March 11, 2015 at 10:29 a.m.

The New York Jets are dominating a corner of the market.

A day after landing cornerback Darrelle Revis, Gang Green is poised to reunite the cornerback with running mate Antonio Cromartie.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets are the clear leader for Cromartie's services and he is expected to sign in New York.

Not surprisingly, Revis was the primary recruiter to bring Cro back to the Big Apple, per Rapoport.

In reality, the only recruiter that was necessary is made of paper and dyed green. Cromartie has openly discussed his desire to return to the Jets since the season ended.

Cromartie and Revis formed a deadly, physical corner duo under Rex Ryan from 2010-2012. Cro's size, speed and ability to shift positions are a perfect mesh with Revis' physical trail-corner attributes.

Add in the signing of Buster Skrine, who can seamlessly kick inside as a slot corner, and the Jets could go from having a dearth at corner to an embarrassment of riches.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »
New York Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick

Around The NFL
    Published: March 11, 2015 at 12:11 p.m.
    Updated: March 11, 2015 at 12:24 p.m.

Quarterback dominoes are falling fast.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Texans are trading quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to the New York Jets for a late-round draft pick.

NFL Media's Albert Breer and Kimberly Jones earlier reported there was a good chance Fitzpatrick would be dealt to New York, citing sources from both teams.

Breer revealed the Jets' interest in the 32-year-old veteran earlier this week. The writing was on the wall for the former Ram, Bengal, Bill and Titan once the Texans inked Brian Hoyer and re-signed Ryan Mallett earlier this week.

For the Jets, Fitzpatrick represents an ideal scenario. He knows Chan Gailey's system well and will be able to challenge Geno Smith in a way that Michael Vick was never able to.

While the Jets are hoping that Smith could still rebound and be the quarterback they'd hoped, Fitzpatrick has proven to be one of the league's most dependable reserve options.

Under Gailey in Buffalo, Fitzpatrick completed 60.3 percent of his passes for 10,232 yards, 71 touchdowns and 54 interceptions.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »
I'm seeing the Bills vs Jets games getting interesting this season :o