login

Author Topic: New DuckTales series from Disney  (Read 8114 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3653
Re: New DuckTales series from Disney
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »
Here's the news:
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/02/25/ducktales-reboot-coming-in-2017-from-disney-xd/

I don't care what it looks like as long as the writing is good and they try to bring back as many VAs as possible.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »
Not to jinx this, but I'm surprised there hasn't been a horrible live action/CGI DuckTales movie yet. What with the 80s/90s nostalgia boom now. I'm glad there hasn't been, because those are always aweful. But it seems like something some executive would latch onto given the still well remembered name and insanely catchy theme song.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
I wonder if this is why I actually saw a copy of the Ducktails movie on the shelf last time I was in Target.  Seemed like they were never going to release that thing.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »
Not to jinx this, but I'm surprised there hasn't been a horrible live action/CGI DuckTales movie yet. What with the 80s/90s nostalgia boom now. I'm glad there hasn't been, because those are always aweful. But it seems like something some executive would latch onto given the still well remembered name and insanely catchy theme song.
I thought Disney didn't seem to care a lot for their lineup.  I don't think any of the Disney Afternoon had finished DVD releases.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2170
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
I wonder if this is why I actually saw a copy of the Ducktails movie on the shelf last time I was in Target.  Seemed like they were never going to release that thing.

They actually released it a few years ago, but it was exclusively available as a prize for Club Disney members.

I don't care what it looks like as long as the writing is good and they try to bring back as many VAs as possible.

They were able to get pretty much the whole cast together for the Ducktales Remastered game. That's promising.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »

They actually released it a few years ago, but it was exclusively available as a prize for Club Disney members.

They were able to get pretty much the whole cast together for the Ducktales Remastered game. That's promising.
True, but both June Foray and Alan Young are in their 90s so they can't do the voices for too much longer.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2170
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »
Aww don't remind me that I'm likely to live long enough to see a June Foray-less world.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3815
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
I will say with Wonder Over Yonder and Gravity Falls (I guess I could mention Phineas and Ferb but it never did anything for me), Disney is starting to bring out some quality shows.  I'm hopeful about this one but there's a good two years at least before we see if it even happens.  I also think that it would benefit from the sort of mythology that helped make Gravity Falls a success.  I mean, it really does, but to slowly unveil the crazy world of Scrooge McDuck would be great and the show already did some great serialization in the early episodes (I love that arc).

Also, please adapt The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck (and the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck Companion) piecemeal throughout the series.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 07:59:12 PM »
Someone raised a good question:  Are they going to go with Carl Barks' stories or Don Rosas'?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 138
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 07:58:27 AM »
Someone raised a good question:  Are they going to go with Carl Barks' stories or Don Rosas'?

Hopefully both, plus original stories.

I hope the animation is close to the original.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1377
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 10:02:58 AM »
And will they keep the theme song?

True Story: When I was in Prague, I was sitting on the tram, and these Czech punks were fucking around. All the sudden they start singing (in Czech I assume) and they get to this part where they go "Woo hoo" and it turned out they were singing the fucking Ducktales theme song in Czech!

It was amazeballs!
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »
They'll probably keep it in one form or another.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
I feel like changing the theme song too much will cause a nerd revolt that even Disney wouldn't be able to handle.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
Integrity in animation theme songs!!   
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)