Author Topic: Kickstarter for RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING! We riff THE ROOM + more!  (Read 38938 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
LOL.  You're one heck of a funny person, RVR!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4444
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
LOL.  You're one heck of a funny person, RVR!
Gotta Be Me ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
I didn't care about the Sharknado riff, but am really happy about the 2 T-shirts.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 471
Happy see to that the project was funded enough to allow for all of the additional rewards to be added.  The NatGeo Riff will certainly be a treat to have! Great job, guys! And I look forward to a great year of RT:Live! events! The Room alone should be well worth it. Bringing my spoons!

Offline jetjaguar15

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Really glad to see it make all the goals. But, here's a question to ponder - This Kickstarter seemed to be much more down to the wire than the previous ones. Do you think the guys have 'gone to the well' too many times now with Kickstarter, so to speak?

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 336
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Really glad to see it make all the goals. But, here's a question to ponder - This Kickstarter seemed to be much more down to the wire than the previous ones. Do you think the guys have 'gone to the well' too many times now with Kickstarter, so to speak?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that it was because:
  • It didn't seem like these live shows were really dependent on the funding.
  • The stretch goals didn't include "new live riff that we can only afford to do if you meet the goal". The new riff goals seemed like things they would probably do anyway.
  • Many of the stretch goals went to all backers, even if they only pledged a dollar. (probably not a biggie)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:22:08 AM by eegah »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4444
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
So back to my questions from yesterday..
So.. There's no VIP for The Room, Miami Connection and Ice Cream Bunny Live Shows or are those being offered at a later date ???
Anybody have any idea ???

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that it was because:
  • It didn't seem like these live shows were really dependent on the funding.
  • The stretch goals didn't include "new live riff that we can only afford to do if you meet the goal". The new riff goals seemed like things they would probably do anyway.
  • Many of the stretch goals went to all backers, even if they only pledged a dollar. (probably not a biggie)

There wasn't a huge difference.

This kickstarter earned $250,303, just meeting the $250,000 stretch goal.
The 2014 kickstarter earned $265,011, just meeting its $250,000 stretch goal.
The 2013 kickstarter earned $264,860 and had no stretch goals.

It earned about $15,000 less, but kickstarter isn't the big deal it used to be either. Yeah, they probably lost a few donations from people who figure that Rifftrax doesn't need kickstarter, but I wouldn't be surprised if 2016 goes like this one..

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
I don't know whether to congratulate or shake my head at Miku pledging almost $3k. I'll split the difference.

It earned about $15,000 less, but kickstarter isn't the big deal it used to be either. Yeah, they probably lost a few donations from people who figure that Rifftrax doesn't need kickstarter, but I wouldn't be surprised if 2016 goes like this one..

Guys, that's the 10th anniversary of Rifftrax. If there's another Kickstarter, it'll probably be a big one.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan

I don't know.  But, consider this- they made their goal in 8 hours.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
I don't know whether to congratulate or shake my head at Miku pledging almost $3k. I'll split the difference.

Guys, that's the 10th anniversary of Rifftrax. If there's another Kickstarter, it'll probably be a big one.

Kidflash-  Last year, I ignored a chance to see Miku in Atlanta.  I was sure she would play in Nashville.  she didn't.  Then I saw a video of her first ever song in English, which was played at the show I blew off seeing.  I was fan-crushed.  I swore not to miss a once in a lifetime chance, ever again.  So, that's why the big donation.  I don't want to relieve the experience of missing rare things that I love.  I may get buyer's remorse, but I'll have no regrets!  :)

Edited to add:  I also missed seeing Edgar Froese and George Harrison because of the same logic: Oh, don't worry about it, you can always see them later.   Well, people retire, quit, break up, etc.  One day, there won't be a Rifftrax.  I don't want to look back and think F*ck!  I should have gotten the VIP treatment when I had the chance.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:59:28 AM by Miku Fan »
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
So back to my questions from yesterday..
So.. There's no VIP for The Room, Miami Connection and Ice Cream Bunny Live Shows or are those being offered at a later date ???
Anybody have any idea ???

I bet Conor has an idea.  I sure don't.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan

I hope you're right.  If so, I'll be there, cheering and rooting for them.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
I expect good things next year. Maybe even a... Riffing Voltron between RT and certain alumni.

Kidflash-  Last year, I ignored a chance to see Miku in Atlanta.  I was sure she would play in Nashville.  she didn't.  Then I saw a video of her first ever song in English, which was played at the show I blew off seeing.  I was fan-crushed.  I swore not to miss a once in a lifetime chance, ever again.  So, that's why the big donation.  I don't want to relieve the experience of missing rare things that I love.  I may get buyer's remorse, but I'll have no regrets!  :)

:clap: Fair enough.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Quote from: Homer Simpson
You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!