Author Topic: Episode II Thoughts  (Read 20472 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Episode II Thoughts
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
So how did little ol' Chad do?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Episode II Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
Fine, I hope they bring him back to riff on Vader for 4,5,6.

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
I was concerned that having a Vader impersonator would be an annoying gimmick.  Since he only had about a dozen riffs, though, I think it worked.  He popped up, delivered a good line, and then was gone.

Overall I thought the riff was better than Phantom Menace, but not in the upper tier of Rifftrax.  A little too much making up stupid names, not enough angry lashing out.  There's so much bizarre, nonsensical garbage in the movie you could riff it twice and not cover it all and so the riffing was much less manic than I thought it should be.

This was the first time I had seen this movie since it was released.  If anything it is actually worse than I remembered it. 

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 05:09:57 PM »
A little too much making up stupid names, not enough angry lashing out.

Huh, most people thought that the "angry lashing out" on the Episode 1 riff was a bit too much.

Proof that you can't please everybody all the time, I guess.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
I loved the making fun of stupid names stuff. Also loved the Yoda taking a crap jokes.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
A little too much making up stupid names, not enough angry lashing out.

Huh, most people thought that the "angry lashing out" on the Episode 1 riff was a bit too much.

Proof that you can't please everybody all the time, I guess.

Nah, they couldn't lash out angrily enough for me.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 05:56:20 AM »
I was worried that Chad may have been a bit much when this was first announced, I'd only seen a couple of his videos, but I think he was really good.  If I have one complaint it's that there wasn't enough of him, if he comes back again for episode 3 he should get at least twice as many riffs.

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 06:52:30 AM »
You know, I could have stood a little more Chad Vader, but it was a good time.

I don't get the CGI hate Mike and Kevin had.  I mean, I really didn't like the way Lucas has used Green Screen to replace practical effects and locations, but I have to admit, EP 2 is visually stunning.

It just fails in every other area*, Plot, Script, Acting, Direction, Editing, etc

*ok, the music was good, but good visuals and good music aren't enough

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 06:56:31 AM »
I don't get the CGI hate Mike and Kevin had. 

Probably because he CGId things that didn't need to be. R2D2 moves more than 3 inches, so they suddenly and obviously switch him with a CGI model... it's like they had an inexorable compulsion to replace everything they feasibly could with CGI. The floating head on the CGI clone trooper body is a perfect example of this.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »
I actually wouldn't mind if Disembaudio had about as much facetime as Chad did. At least on solo riffs. :^)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »

I thought it was awesome. At first I wasn't sure why Chad had so very few lines, but then I realized how annoying it could be if he was glibbing as much as Kevin and Mike. Kudos to the crew for another excellent journey through the world of SWs. They make it bearable.

I like this move a lot more than Phantom Menace. A LOT MORE. But it's still not as good as III. I'd forgotten how much freakin' CGI was used. Man. Why even use real actors? Yeesh.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »

I'd forgotten how much freakin' CGI was used. Man. Why even use real actors? Yeesh.

So....... you are calling the romanic lead of this film a real actor.    :gouge:
Sir, I challenge you to a duel at dawn.

Offline Phantom of Krankor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I've got ya now! YA SCUM!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »
I thought this was easily one of the best riff trax yet. I liked it alot more than the Episode 1 Riff Trax, because to be honest the Episode 1 rifftrax kinda turned me off because they insulted the movie a little too much IMO. But the Episode 2 riffs were awesome. The riffs during the love scenes were hilarious especially the whole "I love the water" thing. My favourite riffs were: "Ah, the smell of napalm in the morning love I do." and "They're attacking Epcot! Captain Eo noooooo!!!!!!" ;D :clap:
I am Ambassador Phantom, from the planet Krankor! I am rapidly approaching your planet... in the warship, which you have just seen. I will arrive tomorrow night at precisely eight o'clock. At that time I shall make my wishes known to you. You will obey them... or die! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Take it from me. I love you!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
I actually wouldn't mind if Disembaudio had about as much facetime as Chad did. At least on solo riffs. :^)

I agree.  I know on some other riffs dis had more time than Chad had on this one.  With all the talk about 'Chad Vader" as a guest riffer, he should have had some more time,  I forgot he was around until i'd hear the breathing

I hope NPH is a better "guest Riffer".

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »
Chad had about as much to add as DisembAudio usually would, but with a fun twist. In fact, Chad should've done the sync lines for this one. It would help justify his presence a little more.