login

Author Topic: Jurassic World (2015)  (Read 6238 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4466
Re: Jurassic World (2015)
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
I already see a huge problem, illustrated in that gif file. Where the hell is the scary, intense factor supposed to come from when Raptors just pass by the protagonist as if he's not even there?! Muldoon must feel stupid right now. If only he had a motorcycle... he might still be alive.
I think the deal is that if the RAPTORS are running away from it.....
Or it could be that he's the raptor keeper, but you might be right.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
I think we'll get plenty of that with the new thing.  Plus, even tamer animals can lash out in a panic.
With this movie, I am legitimately worried. I mean, unless you have a story that can easily match or trump the original, don't bother to make it. Don't make another movie just because it's a franchise that hasn't been touched in a little over a decade! But the direction the trailer seems to be taking, I am not filled with confidence. The problem is that the water park aspect instantly reminded me of Jaws 3!
I like that they're going with the park aspect this time around  instead of the plot of land thing like they did the last two times.  Though I thought that it was a nice nod to Spielberg's involvement with both franchises.  Probably just the SeaWorld vibe.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Well I doubt it's going to touch the original, but it seems a lot more on-target than JP2 and 3 were.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:16 AM »
Well the 3D can't be any worse than Jaws 3-D.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
The Seaworldesque scene worries me more because I'm afraid this is going to become Blackfish with dinsoaurs.

I really don't want the focus to shift to the plight of the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs aren't victims. They're punishment for man trying to control what he can't. Of course that's just one scene and it could just be me plugging current events into the trailer...

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
I don't think that's the focus and they've already kind of did that with the previous ones.  Seems like most of the focus might be on the new one with a message on genetic modification and hybridizing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
 DOD-DOD-DODGSON HERE :D :D :D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wc7RIs7okUQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wc7RIs7okUQ</a>

Soguru

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
I just want this movie to be more than what we're seeing in the trailers. We need something than a rather obvious, tried and true formula. If it's only about this park with crap going south and people running away from Dinosaurs and the main characters trying to get rescued and little else... I am going to be sorely disappointed. We need something a little deeper to justify this movie's existence.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
I rewatched one and two over the weekend and I think I like two more, the Godzilla bit is silly but ...don't know, the first one has just never grabbed me which is extra weird because I was a big Crichton fan at the time it came out. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
I rewatched one and two over the weekend and I think I like two more, the Godzilla bit is silly but ...don't know, the first one has just never grabbed me which is extra weird because I was a big Crichton fan at the time it came out.

The Godzilla bit? Do you mean the part of the dino romping around the city?

It was pretty silly in the book too, but considering it was actually in the book, it never bothered me in the movie.

I think I'm one of the few who always truly loved the second film. The kid is dumb and that stupid parallel bars swinging scene is moronic, but the movie as a whole was pretty good. 3 isn't so bad either.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
Yeah, the city.  The part where the camper van's window starts cracking is amazing
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »
As the person on this board who has probably suffered through Lost World the most, you guys are nuts. It's trash.

Kidding, obviously, but seeing you guys say it's better than the first makes my body and soul ache and brings tears to my eyes.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:18:14 PM by Quirk »
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »
We need something a little deeper to justify this movie's existence.
Speaking purely as a fan of dumb monster cinema, we really don't. Not at all.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 09:10:50 AM »

You know...

Everything is awesome when you're part of a team.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »

You know...
Everything is awesome when you're part of a team.
I guess it could only be cooler if we had a certain Pony running alongside them huh? ;)
She'd probably be doing aerial tricks instead of running.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing