Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 599401 times)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 559
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6255 on: December 24, 2017, 01:07:44 AM »
Lavatories in ONI aren't pumping and I can't figure out why. The only thing I can think of is that there's not enough water, except the pipes are full. Getting annoying, as they keep peeing everywhere.

Are you sure you have the pipes connected in the right places? I've gotten them backwards several times. Also don't forget that there has to somewhere the polluted water can go.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 298
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #6256 on: December 24, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »
Although the load times infuriate me, I am still enjoying playing Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 341
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6257 on: December 24, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
Lavatories in ONI aren't pumping and I can't figure out why. The only thing I can think of is that there's not enough water, except the pipes are full. Getting annoying, as they keep peeing everywhere.

Are you sure you have the pipes connected in the right places? I've gotten them backwards several times. Also don't forget that there has to somewhere the polluted water can go.
polluted water is heading into a sieve, which vents into the reservoir.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1506
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #6258 on: December 24, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
Use Your Words is super cheap on the PSN holiday sale. We’ve been playing that a bunch today.  We are probably going to do some live streams of it with some of the various guests on the Hitting Play podcast

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1315
« Reply #6259 on: December 24, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
Use Your Words is super cheap on the PSN holiday sale. We’ve been playing that a bunch today.  We are probably going to do some live streams of it with some of the various guests on the Hitting Play podcast

Had a great time with that game when my family came out to New York. My wife is a writer, but even the rest of my family who are definitely not writers had a lot of fun. Bunch of clips in there from old MST3Ks too, which was fun to see.

The only thing that would make it better is if you could choose to turn house answers off completely. My dad won once because he just kept picking house answers which felt cheap considering the rest of us were trying hard.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6260 on: December 25, 2017, 06:53:34 AM »
I got Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for Xbox one and... already went through the whole game and beat Dracula. I was surprised that I was having more trouble than I remember with some of the bosses, which I thought was unusual because I've been playing this game for close to 20 years, but on the other hand it's also been a couple years since I played through the game so I might have just been a little rusty.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6261 on: December 25, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »

Had a great time with that game when my family came out to New York. My wife is a writer, but even the rest of my family who are definitely not writers had a lot of fun. Bunch of clips in there from old MST3Ks too, which was fun to see.

The only thing that would make it better is if you could choose to turn house answers off completely. My dad won once because he just kept picking house answers which felt cheap considering the rest of us were trying hard.

Glad you two are enjoying the game! It really makes me happy that I backed it on Kickstarter, knowing that I backed the right horse.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:49:10 AM by Iron Curtain »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2808
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6262 on: December 25, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »
Got Mario Odyssey for Christmas. So I'm gonna be playing that for a while.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2808
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6263 on: December 26, 2017, 05:25:37 PM »
Due to that rare combination of no work and a brand new awesome game that my son can enjoy watching me play I have spent the day with Mario Odyssey. I haven't spent a full day with a game in ages and it feels good. Holy crud, the "Traditional Festival" may be my favorite part of video games.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6264 on: December 27, 2017, 02:39:48 PM »
I’m playing Paper Mario Colour Splash(which I also got for Christmas) with my kid too. Spent most of yesterday with it. Waiting for him to wake up so we can play some more
FINE

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6265 on: December 30, 2017, 12:23:10 PM »
So... been playing through a bunch of games I got on sale on the Xbox one store recently, Cuphead, Resident Evil, but today since it was on sale for such a good price I decided to get Life is Strange. It's kind of an emotional rollercoaster of a game, but it's also a lot of fun once you get used to the game mechanics and all the drama.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 559
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6266 on: December 30, 2017, 05:46:47 PM »
Dead Cells. Lots and lots of Dead Cells.

At first this game seems pretty slow going, but that's mainly because the starting equipment sucks. Once you unlock a handful of things, the game moves along a pretty good clip. Once you can semi-consistently beat the Incomplete One, you can start upgrading equipment. That's when the real fun begins. Assassin's Dagger+ is hilarious. I just had a run with the Assassin's Dagger+, Frost Blast and two Ligament Slicers+. I've never seen the Incomplete One go down that fast. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 341
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #6267 on: December 31, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »
My internet has been off since yesterday because I asked At&t to come fix our latency issues, only to have them tell us our account(which we'd payed up in full on the 18th, as I understand it) is suspended, so I've been playing through Fates again. Right now I'm on chapter 19 of Conquest, and going through it much quicker than I thought I would. My only worry is that I'm not sure what I want to do after I complete that. Probably move onto Birthright and Revelations again. I'm debating playing M!Corrin on Birthright just to marry Oboro, because I'm kinda in love with best girl. There's a reason I invested so much into making a perfect Oboro in Heroes...

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6268 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »
Sigh... even though I had the disc, I got a digital purchase of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 on Xbox one. For SOME reason, the physical game disc is(as of now) not backwards compatible with the console. TBH i prefer Ultimate MVC3 to Infinite because the load times are practically non-existent, and... Ultimate MVC3 actually has a bigger character roster than Infinite!

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6269 on: January 08, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »
I just came back from MAGFest 2018, and among my haul are
  • A homebrew NES Cart of a Rock/Paper/Scissors falling-block game à la Tetris. Website
  • Ganbare Goemon 2 for the Famicom Wiki Article
  • A Legend of Zelda Hylian Shield Pint Glass
  • Both CDs from the Zelda-inspired Power Metal group Master Sword
  • Super Guitar Bros.' Ocarina of Time cover album
Not a bad haul, if you ask me!