Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 724926 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1186
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #7305 on: October 09, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »
Finished off the Fountainhead Palace. Down to the final three fights in the game: Owl 2, Demon of Hatred and Isshin. I'm going to finish this game if it's the last thing I do.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3898
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7306 on: October 12, 2020, 11:20:06 PM »
I've been craving some space dogfight action, and I'm saving the new Star Wars game for my Christmas list, so I picked up Everspace for the Switch. It's a lot like FTL, only instead of the RPG-like combat, you pilot your ship Wing Commander style. Do you fly around this sector of space and look for farmable items that you can use to keep your ship going while risking running into hostile spaceships, or do you head for the jump point and see how far you can make it? Then they added just a twist of Rogue Legacy's "You're gonna die a lot, but enjoy an incremental powerup each time you do" system. It all works very well and it's going to keep me hooked for a while.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #7307 on: October 13, 2020, 03:46:20 AM »
Been playing Star Wars Squadrons myself. It’s pretty fun.  When playing on veteran the single player story is quite tough. On that difficulty it demands you have a really good hold over system power management and shield positioning, which I’m still perfecting, so I die quite a bit. Haven’t really gotten into multiplayer yet, but single player is fun. Oh, and VR is pretty cool, and surprisingly did not make me immediately sick.

Offline CJones

« Reply #7308 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:17 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CtP6mNeN6yE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CtP6mNeN6yE</a>
I've been playing A Plague Tale: Innocence off and on for the last couple weeks. Pretty good. More of a walking simulator than a game. You spend most of your time sneaking around and solving pretty basic puzzles. However this game has great atmosphere.

I kinda had the wrong idea about this game. I thought it was going to be a period piece about an actual plague. What it's actually about is a plague of demon rats. A metric shit ton of demon rats. I think the creators looked at Dishonored and said "That's not a swarm of rats, THIS is a swarm of rats". Between the man-eating rats and an English invasion (boy did they pick the wrong time to do that), the game is full of genuinely off putting imagery. There's one part where you have to cross what had once been a battlefield. There are so many dead bodies that you have no choice but to climb over them.

It's available on XBox PC Gamepass, so if you have that, it's worth checking out.

Offline Russoguru

• Liked: 1097
« Reply #7309 on: October 17, 2020, 09:27:07 PM »
I have been enjoying the hell out of playing Mario 64 and super Mario galaxy. Those games are just freaking incredible and still fun many many years later. Super Mario galaxy is already 13 years old!!!
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3331
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7310 on: October 18, 2020, 03:47:34 AM »
I have been enjoying the hell out of playing Mario 64 and super Mario galaxy. Those games are just freaking incredible and still fun many many years later. Super Mario galaxy is already 13 years old!!!

My son and I played Mario 64 - completed, but not all of the stars as he was keen to get onto Super Mario Sunshine. It's so haaaard! haha, but we're having a great time with it. I just got my 26th shine.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3094
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7311 on: October 21, 2020, 08:01:42 AM »
Poly Bridge 2

Bridge building games are so addictive for me, after seeing a random youtube video about this game I had to get it, and stayed up way too late last night playing it.

Offline CJones

« Reply #7312 on: October 23, 2020, 01:50:18 PM »
Owl (Father) down. He was actually not that bad. His attacks are heavily telegraphed, so once you figure out when to dash or jump, you can just avoid most of them. Just took a long time. Honestly, I had more trouble with the first Owl fight.

On to the Demon of Hatred. Hey Variety, how long did you say it took you to beat this guy?  :speechless: His hitbox seems to extend well beyond where it looks like it should reach  >:(

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #7313 on: October 24, 2020, 06:52:13 AM »
Owl (Father) down. He was actually not that bad. His attacks are heavily telegraphed, so once you figure out when to dash or jump, you can just avoid most of them. Just took a long time. Honestly, I had more trouble with the first Owl fight.

On to the Demon of Hatred. Hey Variety, how long did you say it took you to beat this guy?  :speechless: His hitbox seems to extend well beyond where it looks like it should reach  >:(

It was at least three days of trying. It might have been four or five. It was very hard. Ran out of items that were useful against him, so eventually I just had to get my timing down perfectly. I don’t remember any specific strategies off the top of my head, but I do remember learning points where I could get in close for a couple hits, and then backing off. There was a lot of running away and praying he wouldn’t do one particular attack.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7314 on: October 25, 2020, 06:22:11 PM »
Played through the main story of Isle of Armor on the weekend, which we really enjoyed. The constant discovery of Legendaries was exactly my son's jam.

Still plenty more to catch though.
FINE

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1160
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #7315 on: October 26, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
if you're talking about legends, I assume you mean Crown Tundra?

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7316 on: October 26, 2020, 04:51:20 PM »
Oops - yes, mistyped.
FINE

Offline CJones

« Reply #7317 on: October 31, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9aUESdHCOIA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9aUESdHCOIA</a>

Yuppie Psycho

I've been playing this for the last few days. Good Halloween game, and good adventure game in general.

You receive a mysterious letter inviting you to work at the world's largest corporation, Sintracorp. When you get there, it turns out the company is seriously ****ed up. The company has been infiltrated by a witch and for reasons unknown, you've been selected to work, secretly, as a witch hunter. Problem is, no one knows who the witch actually is, where she is, or how to kill her. Clever and well written, and not terribly difficult (at least not so far). Worth checking out.

Currently on sale 35% off on Steam, $10.82

Offline CJones

« Reply #7318 on: October 31, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WbN40vpse0k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WbN40vpse0k</a>

Lobotomy Corporation

Another good Halloween game. Basically it's an SCP Foundation simulator, unofficially. Doesn't actually use the name, or any actual SCPs, but it's obvious that's what they were going for. Perform research on "abnormalities" to harness "totally not Argent" energy. Things invariably go horribly wrong. Good game. It's Korean, and the translation can be a bit wonky sometimes, though it's recently been retranslated so some of that may be fixed by now.

Currently 60% off on Steam, $10.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 206
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #7319 on: November 01, 2020, 05:12:40 AM »
Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I didn't like how in the Wii U version, you had a limited amount of lives in the form of juice, but the Nintendo Switch version is somehow easier and more manageable and because of that I have enough juice to fill a Costco and I can explore to my heart's content, almost to the point of Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube.