login

Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 567592 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2510
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #6345 on: February 13, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »
I think you need a Silver Rod to catch them. And even then, you have to hit the button as soon as the lure plunks down. Also don't forget, when you're on the island, you're using a cheap loaner.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 149
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #6346 on: February 13, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »
Pretty sure you can catch sharks on the island no problem, I always would catch them to pay off my debt.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 171
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #6347 on: February 13, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
I think you need a Silver Rod to catch them. And even then, you have to hit the button as soon as the lure plunks down. Also don't forget, when you're on the island, you're using a cheap loaner.
Wow, didn't even know there was such a thing as a silver fishing rod in the game.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2268
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6348 on: February 13, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
Damn you Subnautica, I got down into the lava cave intending to stay there till the end of the story but the way they do depth upgrades made me go all the way back out and up to the surface.  You need the current depth upgrade to make the next upgrade, and if you remove the current one below 200 your sub will crush...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2510
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6349 on: February 14, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »
Wow, didn't even know there was such a thing as a silver fishing rod in the game.

You can buy them from the museum shop after you donate 30 fish. (And I think you need to do a public works project to expand the museum to get the shop. Been a while. Don't quite remember.

Pretty sure you can catch sharks on the island no problem, I always would catch them to pay off my debt.

In that case, I'm just really bad at catching sharks. :^)

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6350 on: February 14, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
I don't know about you but I find it really ironic that you could pay off your loan with sharks.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #6351 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
I got the missus Skullgirls for Valentines day, because it seemed like something she'd enjoy. Been enjoying the hell out of playing it together, and I found out I still have Valentine.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #6352 on: February 15, 2018, 07:40:00 AM »
Skullgirls has a great art style, but for me if you've played one fighting game you've basically(with some variations) played them all. I was just playing AC: New Leaf again and I'm quickly losing my interest in the game. I'm not finding any new fish or bugs to donate to the museum and new fossils are getting to be few and far between. I'm finding that I keep discovering fossils that I discovered already so after having Blathers assess them, I just end up taking them to Re-tail.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #6353 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »
Skullgirls has a great art style, but for me if you've played one fighting game you've basically(with some variations) played them all. I was just playing AC: New Leaf again and I'm quickly losing my interest in the game. I'm not finding any new fish or bugs to donate to the museum and new fossils are getting to be few and far between. I'm finding that I keep discovering fossils that I discovered already so after having Blathers assess them, I just end up taking them to Re-tail.

Fighting games actually vary a lot from game to game. The basics of the games are the same through the genre in general, but the feel of each game is quite different.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2268
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6354 on: February 16, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »
Hatching eggs in Subnautica is fun, especially the leviathans, you get a tiny leviathan you can put in your inventory...
Next thing I have to try is letting some free around my 6 story 4 tower aquarium to see if they grow to full size and attack...

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1219
« Reply #6355 on: February 16, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
Hatching eggs in Subnautica is fun, especially the leviathans, you get a tiny leviathan you can put in your inventory...
Next thing I have to try is letting some free around my 6 story 4 tower aquarium to see if they grow to full size and attack...

I thought maybe they would be friendly. Nope. He immediately tried to eat me.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #6356 on: February 16, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »
Why is every character in Skullgirls the best character? I can't decide who my favourite is. Been playing a bit of Big Band, and my god, is he fun. I picked up a fightstick fairly cheap and it's making my inputs a lot more precise, since I'm not fat fingering different buttons. I'm still a solid Valentine/Filia, but I might have to go with a 3 fer and add Big Band to my usual setup.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 38
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #6357 on: February 17, 2018, 06:50:10 AM »
I also just bought and downloaded Okami HD and Aegis Defenders on Steam so I can't wait to try those out…

Don't know anything about Aegis Defenders, but Okami is quite awesome. I'm tempted to buy the PC version, even though I already own the PS2 version

Sorry about the über-late reply, but I’ll just say it (write it? type it?). The reason I got Aegis Defenders was because I got a coupon for about 20% or 30% off (I forgot the exact percentage of discount) on Steam.

As for the Okami HD game, it unfortunately doesn’t have a 1080p resolution nor is it available in full screen. Sorry.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 435
« Reply #6358 on: February 18, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »
I also just bought and downloaded Okami HD and Aegis Defenders on Steam so I can't wait to try those out…

Don't know anything about Aegis Defenders, but Okami is quite awesome. I'm tempted to buy the PC version, even though I already own the PS2 version

Sorry about the über-late reply, but I’ll just say it (write it? type it?). The reason I got Aegis Defenders was because I got a coupon for about 20% or 30% off (I forgot the exact percentage of discount) on Steam.

As for the Okami HD game, it unfortunately doesn’t have a 1080p resolution nor is it available in full screen. Sorry.

Really? That's weird. Why would they call it Okami HD if it doesn't have a 1920x1080 resolution?

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4284
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #6359 on: February 19, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
Me and my friends completed Death Squared in an afternoon.  Great party game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AVPI-QUZHRQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AVPI-QUZHRQ</a>