Author Topic: What's everyone playing?  (Read 492521 times)

Offline nanites_r_us

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
  • i wish i lived in 'next sunday A.D. '
    • Deviant Art
Re: What's everyone playing?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 04:03:21 PM »
lately i've been playing a lot of War Rock it's a free to play FPS that's actually pretty good. the graphics for it are great and as far as i'm concerned it's addicting. here's the site if anyone is interested   http://www.warrock.net/   . i've also been tossed back into WoW  due to burning crusades. though i don't play it as much as i used to... probably due to the fact that all my meaningful characters are LVL's 65-70.
You know it's hard enough trying to decide on which movie to see at a theater, much less trying to find someone to help pay the massive amount of money it takes just to see one these days. i mean it'd help if movies these days were actually interesting, but so far no dice on that front...

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »
Chrome Hounds
I'm yet to figure out whether I genuinely like it, or whether my vision is clouded by how awesome robots are. Especially fully customisable robots in From Software games.

On the Japanese site for that game they have downloadable paper models of many of the robots.  They're pretty damn cool.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »
Why can I not stop playing Wario Ware: Smooth Mooves on the Wii?  I think it's because it's so simple that I won't put it down until I beat 100% of it.   Stupid OCD...

I suppose I will have to stop on Friday when I return the game to the video store.  Then I can start on Super Paper Mario.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:36:34 PM by k1posterchild »

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »
Just got super paper mario it today.  I'm entertained so far.  I do enjoy me some metadiegetic humor, and there's a lot of that here.  The whole game seems to be conscious of itself, and plays with that a lot.  I only hope that it gets harder.  I haven't died yet. 

Well, technically I did.  But that's because I was being a smart ass and when they ask you "Will you save the world?  You're our only hope!"  I kept saying "I don't want to" just to see how many times it would take before they forced me to save it anyway.  Well, the game designers are a bunch of smart asses too, and if you say 'No' too many times then it just says game over.  Which is funny, and I respect it, but they make you go through the whole long introduction again.  Smartass game designers.

Offline Swish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
  • Like, whoa, n'stuff.
    • My Nerdy Pretentious Myspace Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »
I just started Breakdown for the original Xbox. Bought it on impulse because it was going cheap.

I can only describe it as what would have happened if Half Life was made by the Shenmue team.

Bad checkpoint locations though. It can get annoyingly fail-repteat.
Writer and Composer of "Biohazard! ~ The Resident Evil Musical"

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 01:24:05 PM »
Well, technically I did.  But that's because I was being a smart ass and when they ask you "Will you save the world?  You're our only hope!"  I kept saying "I don't want to" just to see how many times it would take before they forced me to save it anyway.  Well, the game designers are a bunch of smart asses too, and if you say 'No' too many times then it just says game over.  Which is funny, and I respect it, but they make you go through the whole long introduction again.  Smartass game designers.

I did the same thing.  So far it's really easy, but still plenty of fun.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »
Oh, Super Paper Mario. Sweet, sweet Super Paper Mario. How did I ever have fun before you were released? :^) I beat Paper Mario 2 (Finally) earlier today and instantly melted away the next 3 hours playing Super Paper Mario. I'm a long-time addict of Paper Mario games, and while this is a departure from the previous 2 RPG-Style Paper Marios, it becomes something else that's maybe even better. I like it a lot. I can tell from past experiences with games that I won't rest until I've seen every area in both 2 and 3 dimensions.  It's SO addictive, I spent most of my day off (I QUIT MY OLD JOB! YAY!) NOT posting on these forums!!!! :^)

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 05:35:26 PM »
Psychonauts.

... I have a lot of video games to catch up on.  I'm still only halfway through this one.  College seems to get in my way more often than not.

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 05:50:19 PM »
Warhammer 40,000:  Dark Crusade (expasion to Dawn of War).  I've finished with Chaos (my tabletop 40K army), and now I'm working on Imperial Guard.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
Oh, Super Paper Mario. Sweet, sweet Super Paper Mario. How did I ever have fun before you were released? :^) I beat Paper Mario 2 (Finally) earlier today and instantly melted away the next 3 hours playing Super Paper Mario. I'm a long-time addict of Paper Mario games, and while this is a departure from the previous 2 RPG-Style Paper Marios, it becomes something else that's maybe even better. I like it a lot. I can tell from past experiences with games that I won't rest until I've seen every area in both 2 and 3 dimensions.  It's SO addictive, I spent most of my day off (I QUIT MY OLD JOB! YAY!) NOT posting on these forums!!!! :^)

Does it get harder?  I only got to play for a few hours and I'll be busy shooting a film all weekend.  But I'm curious to know if the difficulty increases.

I also pose this question.  I never got around to playing the other Paper Mario games, but which do you enjoy more, Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
If you're in it for the challenge, Super Mario RPG is tricky on a near-Final Fantasy scale. Both series have an awesome sense of humor going for it. I'm partial to Paper Mario because I'm addicted to finding secrets and Paper Mario constantly rewards you for it. The paper Mario games (Especially part 2) are packed with enjoyable side-quests and easter eggs. If you're in it to win, you can tear through Paper Mario without much trouble, but if you're in it to get EVERYTHING, I'm going on 45 hours on Paper Mario 2, I finally beat it, and BEATING THE GAME unlocked some extra sidequests and more fun stuff to try. I love that in a game.

As for Super Paper Mario, 3 hours in, it's still a teeny bit on the easy side, but if it follows the difficulty level of the other Paper Mario games, the difficulty will probably spike significantly about halfway through.

Offline danmanx

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 03:31:33 AM »
I've been playing World of Warcraft quite a bit.... ;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 11:46:56 PM »
Me and Tyrant finally sat down and played the tar out of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance this weekend for the Wii.

Once you get the hang of triggering your superpowers, the game is ten tons of fun and it keeps on coming. After 2 days of near-constant play, I don't think we're even halfway through. Multiplayer is a must. I can't imagine it being as much fun in single-play mode. But grab a friend or three and pick your favorite superheroes.

I especially like that they didn't focus the game ENTIRELY on the big Marvel properties. Sure, you got your Wolverine and your Spiderman, but you also have characters like Deadpool and Ms. Marvel. And they didn't skimp on the less popular characters either. Deadpool has a full arsenal of Deadpool-esque lines that he belts out at random, and certain conversations that are exclusive to him.

So if, like me, you bought this game when you got your brand new Wii, but were so distracted by Zelda you forgot you had it, grab a friend and play it! You'll be glad you did. NOW I just have to decide if its worth it to get the new Gold edition for the Xbox 360. Might be worth it to play through as The Hulk... :^)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 11:43:26 AM »
I'm on World 3 of Super Paper Mario.  It's a fun game, I just haven't had a ton of time to play it.  I imagine once the tv season is all over, I'll be able to devote more time to playing. 

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Give me your pudding!
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »
here, I have a 360 a bunch of games and what do I play,......halo 2 online.  I'm so damn busy I dont have time to play new games that require thought, I own them but dont get the urge to play, when I've only got about an hour before I've something to do. For months now I had been awaiting C&C 3, and I havent bought it, now that its out. Halo is like playing basketball or football, once you learn, you know it, and somehow it never really gets old.

Being an adult sux.
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.