login

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)  (Read 31230 times)

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 (Movie Lineup Through 2019)
« Reply #330 on: July 23, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »

Certainly going with the extreme color in the poster, too, it seems.

The poster makes it look far more like Planet Hulk than anything to do with Thor, since - with the short hair - you can barely tell it is Thor in the center.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2106
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2017, 06:06:26 PM »
I love that Thor Poster.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2166
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
It's beautiful! It's not grey and teal!

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
Indeed!  I am particularly glad it is not the more typical poster style that has plagued so many films (at least in the Sci-Fi/Superhero type), with the 'large main character pose' combined with 'high school graduation arty head-shots of supporting cast sprayed beside or around it'.  This poster (I'm guessing like the film, spoiler-phobe I am, I won't watch the trailer so haven't even seen that much) is something rather new.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
[John Cleese announcer]"And now, for something completely different..."[/John Cleese announcer]

Something I've not seen anything written about, but which I've wondered about, is what is up with Marvel's crunching their film releases into basically the first half of the year for the next two years?  There's no film releases scheduled past mid-July for '18 or '19 ('20 is different).  Does anyone know anything about the why for this?  [The only thoughts I've had were related to possibly Star Wars or Pixar releases or something taking the 'last half' of each year for Disney.]

Black Panther . . . . February 16, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War . . . . May 4, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp . . . . July 6, 2018

Captain Marvel . . . . March 8, 2019
Untitled Avengers . . . . May 3, 2019
as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . July 12, 2019

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
Maybe they find that films released close together like that bolster the other films around them? Like they all advertise and create more buzz for each other?
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
Maybe they find that films released close together like that bolster the other films around them? Like they all advertise and create more buzz for each other?

That's possible, or they are testing that as a theory (since the 2020 films-on are so far scheduled more spread out).

Since both of those years contain an Infinity War entry (OK an 'Infinity War' story and a 'NOT Infinity War but still starring Thanos and the Avengers' story :P ), it is possible they wanted the content 'bunched up' to tell the story more clearly.  That would be particularly true if there's significant crossing over between the plots of the films on either side of each of the two Avengers films (guaranteed fallout in the ones after each).  If that is the case, it is nice of them to not torture us by having to wait 4-5 months between the two threesomes.  I never would have thought of that if not for your comments.  Thanks!

Of course, I may be full of it.  If anyone knows for sure, it'd be interesting.  But I just noticed that again, and realized that I'd read NOTHING official on why it was happening.  Odd that they haven't been asked about it (at least not in anything I've read).

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2166
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2017, 10:53:53 PM »
I thought Infinity War was being split into two movies.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
I thought Infinity War was being split into two movies.

It was, but they walked that back. Now it's untitled Avengers 4 film. I assume the title has a spoiler for something that happened between now and then.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
Dammit I want that Infinity War trailer! I've heard it's supposed to be posted online December 4th, but gahhh, what's stopping them from posting it sooner?!