Author Topic: MST3K Material Reference  (Read 11358 times)

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Re: MST3K Material Reference
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 05:26:54 PM »
Also, why doesn't anyone ever list Labyrinth as being among the great movies Lucas produced? I honestly think it's one of the top three movies he's ever had his hand in.
Have you seen Labyrinth lately?  :speechless:
Very recently. Anyone who doesn't think that movie is among the greatest things of all time is a communist.

Issue me my Little Red Book then. Labyrinth's fun, but I wouldn't call it great. I love everything Henson, but man o man, what a mess. Plus some of the worst music Bowie's ever done.
I hate you.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 05:30:10 PM »

These guys still scare the bejesus out of me.

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 04:24:09 AM »
Wide-awake nightmare, anyone?   :speechless:

edit:  Dang.  I didn't realize just how much of a tear JST was on before vanishing into the ether.  That's...  kind of impressive.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:26:13 AM by Indomitus »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 06:10:26 AM »
Oh, has he deleted his account again? why does he do that?

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
Labyrinth is the win.

I think the scariest moment in that oddball film was in the beggining, when sarah's talking about the goblins, and we see the goblins all wake up and stir. That was some bad-ass peice of directing. Forget Boris Karlof's "The Mummy". Those where the scariest three minutes in all of cinematic history. We have no reference, no point of view. There's no background, no walls, no props, just a sheer mass of goblins without a single pixel of empty space. There's a mass of inanimate, grotesque little dolls, and then they all slowly come to life, making their little groans and hisses and grumbles, stirring, filling with the artificial life of Henson-power like frankenstien's monster taking the charge from a lightning bolt. I reiterate that we don't know where they are. They could be over in goblin-land. They could be in some nether-space of the human subconcious. They could be just outside Sarah's house, or they could be (as I often found myself pondering when I watched the film as a kid) right behind you.
The overall effect of this scene is something that makes Night of the Living Dead seem like an episode of Teletubbies.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »
Wide-awake nightmare, anyone?   :speechless:

edit:  Dang.  I didn't realize just how much of a tear JST was on before vanishing into the ether.  That's...  kind of impressive.

I like to think of it as good, old fashioned nightmare fuel.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »
Oh yeah, I noticed the reference to the old Commando Cody serials as soon as they mentioned the trooper's name. I doubted it was a reference to MST3K (he doesn't seem the type), but figured it was a nod to those silly sci-fi stories of yesteryear.