Author Topic: Riffplayer sync - I know this must be a stupid question  (Read 1241 times)

Offline BenP

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Riffplayer sync - I know this must be a stupid question
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:23:08 AM »
Hi all, I just got Riffplayer, and I am sure I'm being really really dumb, but for me it's just not working the way I understand it should.

Basically, I open the file, and it plays, the the DVD plays, as expected, but the mp3 starts off with the introduction and Mike telling me when to pause, as if I had to manually sync it. And because the movie itself starts straight away, the riff is well behind the onscreen action by the time it starts, as the film's been playing for about half a minute while the pre-riff instructions play. Resync doesn't work, because I assume as far as the player's concerned, it's synced fine - the riff and the movie started at the same time, but the riff had this extraneous material at the start that put it behind.

Does this make sense. What am I doing wrong? All that manual syncing stuff, I assumed, wouldn't have been necessary in the Riffplayer version of the file. But having them there throws the whole thing out and makes it impossible to watch the riff probably. I know from browsing the forums that for most of you, Riffplayer works beautifully, and I've not seen anything about this problem...so can anyone help?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Riffplayer sync - I know this must be a stupid question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:24 AM »
Which movie are you trying to watch?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Riffplayer sync - I know this must be a stupid question
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 12:27:31 PM »
Do you have the .sync and the .mp3 files together in the same folder?