Author Topic: Why Do I Love Kevin Murphy?  (Read 10521 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Why Do I Love Kevin Murphy?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
I freaking hate Pearl Jam, despite my grudging respect for Eddie Vedder as a fellow Whohead.

You realize we are now enemies right?
... sigh ... just kidding (I guess) ... what do you have against pearl jam? (my favorite band by the way)

Honestly, if I tried to get into Pearl Jam, I probably could. There are some songs I do like, but whenever "Jeremy," "Better Man," "Daughter," or "Alive" come on, I feel like smashing the radio into little bits in the hope I never have to hear them again. I know it's stupid to judge a band by their overplayed hits, but I can't help it.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:58:43 AM »
Fair enough, there are plenty of rock bands that I judge purely on their radio hits. Those songs you listed are great especially Alive, for people that DO like pearl jam, they should definitely see this song performed at a sold out area, its fking crazy when you have every single fan singing along.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 06:41:21 AM »
Yeah. It was pretty cool when they where at the Gorge Ampitheater up here. My Uncle's friend runs the amphitheater, and we actually got the chance to take the band out on our Bayliner on the Columbia river and party it down. It was really fun. Probably would have been funner for the extreme fanboys of the band, but the guys were still pretty cool.

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 06:54:21 AM »
   Let me throw in another of Kevin's singing lines from Lost.  I actually had to do some research on this.   It's from the point where the boys are discussing other titles that could have been used in place of Lost.   Marooned comes up first,  but the second suggestion is "Stranded" to which Kevin sings...  "stranded,  stranded on the toilet bowl..."   I didn't recognize the line but I did remember the title tune from "Branded" which ends with the line,  "What do you do when you're branded, and you know you're a man."  The lead character was drummed out of the service during the opening each week with military insignia and uniform buttons being ceremonially  torn from his uniform.
      I couldn't remember the actor though so I had to look it up.  It was Chuck Conners, post-Rifleman, and ran 48 episodes from 1965-66. It's even available on DVD but only in syndication edited episodes and the imdb boards also filled me in on the parody lyrics about the toilet bowl that Kevin used which were from Married:  With Children.
      It might not be the most obscure allusion from this Rifftrax, but it's gotta be in the running.