login

Author Topic: RT Live!: Sharknado - Discussion  (Read 18970 times)

Offline dj_clawson

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: RT Live!: Sharknado - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
I was a little surprised that the cut we saw tonight was clearly a different cut than the one floating around the internet. A bit longer, a lot more gore.

I couldn't figure out if the sound problems were just with the movie (which has bad sound mixing) or with what was going on in the studio of the live show. Things seemed to get better about 20 minutes into the movie, but that was a very soft movie.

Offline The Slacker

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »
In my theater you could barely hear the riffing. Something must've went seriously wrong in the sound mix somewhere. But we did get free tickets to the next live show so it wasn't so bad.

I hate sharks too.

Offline dj_clawson

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
In my theater you could barely hear the riffing. Something must've went seriously wrong in the sound mix somewhere. But we did get free tickets to the next live show so it wasn't so bad.

We could hear the riffing but had trouble with the movie. Clearly at some point the movie theater turned up the audio, because when it started out we could barely hear anything.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6165
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
Yeah, we had similar issues.

There were also a few times when people were laughing so hard at the movie itself that you couldn't hear the riffs.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3562
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »
Man, I laughed so hard I very nearly passed out. One of my favorite live shows. And maybe more!

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
Excellent show. As aggressively idiotic as Sharknado was, however, it still wasn't as hopelessly stupid as Birdemic.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1353
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »
I had trouble hearing it too, tried to point my ear toward America but still nothing...  :grr:
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:23 AM »
Okay, I gotta gripe.

On the pre-show slides, on the "Here are the musical performers" slide, down at the bottom was the line"please support these artist."

Plural, guys. Use the plural.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 03:28:40 AM »
No sounds issues in my theater except the obvious Godzilla one.

Awesome  riff! Lot of funny lines, all well delivered. I even loved the visual gag of their confusion when the foreign dude was talking at the beginning.

They were definitely sluggish to start and Mike seemed especially out of it. Like, to the point I wondered what was wrong. He's one of my favorite people ever so I won't speculate but I was worried. Then things picked up and the rest of the show went pretty much flawless and I forgot about it.

At any rate awesome event! Well worth the money.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 05:18:23 AM »
Mike seemed fine to me, but where was his ring? That was kind of freaky. (If that's too personal a remark, I apologize. It was just weird. We're so used to that ring, it was almost like seeing him walk out without his pants.)

Speaking of male jewelry, pretty funny to hear an earring joke coming from Kevin!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
It was really odd when after the first Godzilla clip they were all standing there shuffling their papers and I was thinking, "Uh... guys? You're on..."  Then they started riffing the second Godzilla clip.  Seems like the guys in the production booth really didn't have much of a clue as to what was going on. 

Mike seemed a touch out of it a first, maybe, not too terribly. Maybe he had a few drinks of J&B Scotch before coming out on stage.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6165
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 07:26:44 AM »
I also really liked the new riff of Spring Fever. It was always my favorite MST3K short along with Gumby's Robot Rumpus. But this was a lateral move. I did miss a few of the old riffs. Like "Welcome to Divot Hills" and especially "Guns, huh?"

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:18 AM »
It's a shame this won't be released as a VOD, as this was one great and hilarious live event. Our theater was about 2/3 filled.
The sound was an issue at times, especially during louder "action" scenes. There wasn't enough audio ducking, causing the guys' commentary to get lost in the noise. There were also times the movie was so loud that the guys could barely be heard.

Hopefully we'll see a MP3 of this one with the same lines and energy as we saw last night.  :clap:

Offline bm2i

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »
does anyone have a list of the artists we are supposed to support (music from the pre-show)?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1514
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
the Arrogant Worms
the Doubleclicks
Marian Call
Paul and Storm
Weird Al
Jonathan Coulton