Author Topic: The Sinister Six (2016)  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 618
  • Riff Super Monsters
The Sinister Six (2016)
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-sinister-six

It could also be, more positively, because Sony plan to move Sinister Six to 2016, and use that movie to set up a trilogy-ending installment with The Amazing Spider-Man 3 that pits Spider-Man against all six of the Sinister foes. Drew Goddard's departure from Daredevil certainly supports that theory.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/13/the-amazing-spider-man-3-pushed-back-until-2017-1500296?lt_source=external,manual#!Y50mb

I still find it hard to believe that Sony is actually going to commence production on a movie starring six Spider-Man villains that doesn't feature Spider-Man.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: The Sinister Six (2016)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:19:16 PM »
Yeah, I am wondering how they are going to pitch this to the general public that doesnt really care about comics.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »
If they had really planned all of this in advance, they should have had Spider-man incapacitated or something at the end of Amazing Spider-man 2. Then do a Sinister 6 movie where it's the Police and National Guard against the six supervillains, showing that they can't handle them, and at the very end have Spider-man arrive. Then Amazing Spider-man 3 is him against all six of them.

Soguru

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
If they had really planned all of this in advance, they should have had Spider-man incapacitated or something at the end of Amazing Spider-man 2. Then do a Sinister 6 movie where it's the Police and National Guard against the six supervillains, showing that they can't handle them, and at the very end have Spider-man arrive. Then Amazing Spider-man 3 is him against all six of them.
unfortunately foresight is lacking not so much in writers but in Hollywood producers. It is only in those rare instances where all things coalesce.... or maybe i'm full of it. I like to keep my options open. :-)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
They probably didn't have any forsight. Because otherwise how are they going to explain a Sinister 6 movie without Spiderman? And one which presumably they all survive so they can all fight Spiderman in AS3.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
Who are they supposed to fight?  Six super villains beating the shit out of ordinary beat cops will get boring really fast.

Soguru

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
Who are they supposed to fight?  Six super villains beating the shit out of ordinary beat cops will get boring really fast.
Could be interesting to see them fighting other bad guys... Kingpin comes to mind. Heck, if you want to make it a little interesting, throw in a few other crime syndicates as opposed to more out of this world type stuff. That way, it would at least appear to be somewhat grounded in reality. When I say that yes I know I'm talking about a guy with robotic arms, an old man with wings, some Craven little stinker with a lion's mane for a vest, a guy with a fishbowl for a helmet, a Sand guy and... since Electro's dead it's probably useless for me to ask anyway since they have yet to announce who the six are.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 04:20:42 AM »

I don't know, sounds fun to me. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
It depends on how long the movie is.  If its only 20 minutes, yeah, that would be fine.

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:26 AM »
What I'm wondering is who the protagonist is going to be.  None of the Sinister Six have ever been particularly sympathetic (not counting Sandman's brief flirtation with being a good guy).  If someone was going to make a movie centered on a group of villains, I think Flash's Rogues would work a lot better.
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
It depends on how long the movie is.  If its only 20 minutes, yeah, that would be fine.
Unfortunately it will probably be 2+ hours. Because apparently NOBODY in Hollywood remembers how to make a 90 minute movie anymore!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »
Have they specifically stated there won't be any Spider-Man? It could just be a shift of focus...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
They said they want to do Sinister Six and Venom spin offs.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »
Have they specifically stated there won't be any Spider-Man? It could just be a shift of focus...
Then it would be...Amazing Spiderman 2.5? I think it'd be odd if they still had Spiderman and didn't have his name in the title. Especially if they were planning on continuing the Amazing Spiderman name with 3 in the next movie.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »
I envision a movie where the Sinister Six are trying to pull off some sort of major heist or scheme or something, and the audience is kinda rooting for them, a-la Ocean's Eleven, and Spider-Man's just this guy who keeps showing up and making things difficult.