Author Topic: Mystery of Oak Island: New Point n Click on Kickstarter  (Read 660 times)

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Mystery of Oak Island: New Point n Click on Kickstarter
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
Just wanted to make waves for a project that's being Kickstarted called The Mystery of Oak Island.  It's a traditional point and click style game that's underway by a group of German programmers...in fact, the same German programmers that made Zak McKracken Between Time and Space (which is definitely coming out this year, I swear!  Or, they swear!  It's coming!).  It's going to be a murder mystery/historical/exploration adventure where, if their goal is at least met, you control three people in different times and places and solve the mystery of the supposed treasure buried on Oak Island.  Actually, Oak Island is a real place in Canada that has had treasure diggers searching the place for going on centuries now, and never quite getting an answer as to why the island is so weird.

Of course, there is a reason why I'd be more than happy if this gets greenlit...I won't say why exactly, though getting about 2 minutes into the video on their Kickstarter site should make that obvious.

The official Kickstarter site is here, but the website about the game itself is here in case you want to see more about the game itself.  It has a long ways to go until funded, but it's nearly gotten 5% with a month left to go, and seems to be building steam.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Mystery of Oak Island: New Point n Click on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Why won't you tell us "James"?  ;)

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
Ah, well, I suppose it's not in the cards.  Project is a little over 35% funded...and it's over in a few days. :(

I think they'll try again at a later date, or via a different service, but getting 30+K ain't bad for an indy developer.  Just not enough to make the game they wanted to make.  But we shall see where the project goes from here.  I think they're going to try and make the project a reality, Kickstarter or no.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
I hope so. It looks really interesting. (Soundtrack sounds decent too!)