Author Topic: List of Crap: Top 50 Fictional Police Officers (and other law enforcers)  (Read 29151 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
13(Tie) Jake Peralta  - 47 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 Anais

^ My dream marriage material
 The Wiki:
Detective Jake Peralta is a good enough cop that he's never had to work that hard or follow the rules too closely. Perhaps because he has the best arrest record among his colleagues, he's been enabled - if not indulged - throughout his entire career. That is, until the precinct gets a new commanding officer, Captain Ray Holt, who reminds this hotshot cop to respect the badge.
Detective Peralta's shield number is 9544.
Up Next:
How tough can you be when you are afraid of farm animals?

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
13(Tie) Clarice Starling  - 47 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #8 Monsterbrains

The Wiki:
Clarice M. Starling is a fictional character and the protagonist of the novels The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal by Thomas Harris. In the film adaptation of The Silence of the Lambs, she was played by Jodie Foster, while in the film adaptation of Hannibal, she was played by Julianne Moore. Clarice Starling, as portrayed by Foster, was ranked the sixth greatest protagonist in film history on AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes and Villains, making her the highest-ranking heroine.
 Up Next:
Ya gotta nip it in the bud!

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
13(Tie) Barney Fife  - 47 points
(4 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #7 Quantum Vagina

The Wiki:
Bernard "Barney" Milton Fife is a fictional character in the American television program The Andy Griffith Show, portrayed by comic actor Don Knotts. Barney Fife is a deputy sheriff in the slow paced, sleepy southern community of Mayberry, North Carolina. He appeared in the first five black and white seasons (1960 – 1965) as a main character, and, after leaving the show at the end of season five, made a few guest appearances in the following three color seasons (1965 – 1968). He also appeared in the first episode of the spin-off series Mayberry R.F.D. (1968 – 1971), and in the 1986 reunion telemovie Return to Mayberry. Additionally, Barney appeared in the Joey Bishop Show episode, "Joey's Hideaway Cabin" and the first episode of The New Andy Griffith Show. In 1999 TV Guide ranked him Ninth on its 50 Greatest TV Characters of All Time list.
Up Next:
Literary Cop

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
12 Sam Vimes  - 49 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 Goflyblind

The Wiki:
Samuel "Sam" Vimes is a fictional policeman from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Vimes is depicted in the novels as somewhere between an Inspector-Morse-type 'old-school' British policeman, and a film-noir-esque grizzled, jaded detective. His appearances throughout the Discworld sequence show him slowly and grudgingly rising through the ranks of both police force and society. As of his latest promotion, his full name and title is; "'His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Samuel Vimes": When serving as Ambassador for Ankh-Morpork, he is also referred to simply as "His Excellency", and is also nicknamed "Blackboard Monitor Vimes,","Vimes the Butcher/Butcher Vimes" and "Vetinari's Terrier" (or hammer): According to his wife, Sybil, Vimes is recognised by many as Lord Vetinari's right-hand man.
Up Next:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
11 Fox Mulder  - 52 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Charles Hussein Castle

The Wiki:
FBI Special Agent Fox William Mulder is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction television series The X-Files, played by David Duchovny. Mulder's peers consider his (often correct) theories on extraterrestrial activity as spooky and far-fetched. He also has a photographic memory and is red/green colorblind.[2] With his FBI partner Dana Scully, he works in the X-Files office, which is concerned with cases with particularly mysterious or possibly paranormal circumstances that were left unsolved and shelved by the FBI. Mulder was a main character for the first seven seasons, but was limited to a recurring character for the last two seasons.
Mulder made his first appearance in the first season pilot episode, broadcast in 1993. Mulder believes in extraterrestrial unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and a government conspiracy to hide or deny the truth of their existence. Mulder considers the X-Files and the truth behind the supposed conspiracy so important that he has made them the main focus of his life.
Up Next:
This is a male dominated forum….

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
10 Dana Scully - 54 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Charles Hussein Castle

The Wiki:
Dr. Dana Katherine Scully, B.S., M.D., is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction television series The X-Files. Dana Scully is played by Gillian Anderson. Scully is an FBI agent, partnered with fellow Special Agent Fox Mulder for the first seven seasons, and in the eighth and ninth seasons partnered with John Doggett. In the television series, they work out of a cramped basement office at FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C. to investigate unsolved cases labeled "X-Files"; as of the second film, Scully had left government employment and worked as a surgeon in a private Catholic hospital. In contrast to Mulder's credulous "believer" character, Scully is the skeptic for the first seven seasons, choosing to base her beliefs on what science can prove. She later on becomes a "believer" after Mulder's abduction at the end of season seven.
She has appeared in all but four episodes of The X-Files, and additionally appears in the 20th Century Fox films The X-Files, released in 1998 (sometimes subtitled Fight the Future), and The X-Files: I Want to Believe, released 10 years later. The episodes she does not appear in are "3," "Zero Sum," "Unusual Suspects," and "Travelers." She appears only briefly in "The Gift," in a flashback which reuses footage from a previous episode.
Up Next:
Without social media, we would not have….

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
9(Tie) Axe Cop - 56 points
(4 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Pak

The Wiki:
Axe Cop is a webcomic by brothers Malachai Nicolle (age 5 when the series began, now age 9) and Ethan Nicolle (age 29 when the series began). Malachai is responsible for the ideas and stories, while Ethan turns them into comics. The first four comics were drawn in December 2009 and posted to Facebook; the website was not launched until January 2010.
The site also features Ask Axe Cop, a series of comics where Axe Cop responds to questions from readers. The webcomic has been highly praised, leading to a publishing deal with Dark Horse Comics for both a limited online and print run.
Up Next:
Having two eyes is overrated

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
9(Tie) Lt. Frank Columbo - 56 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Goflyblind

The Wiki:
Columbo is an American detective mystery television film series (1968–1978, 1989–2003), starring Peter Falk as Columbo, a homicide detective with the Los Angeles Police Department. The character and television show were created by William Link and Richard Levinson. The show popularized the inverted detective story format. Almost every episode begins by showing the commission of the crime and its perpetrator; the series therefore has no "whodunit" element. The plot revolves mainly around how the perpetrator, whose identity is already known to the audience, will finally be caught and exposed.
The title character is a friendly, verbose, disheveled police detective (of Italian descent) who is consistently underestimated by his suspects, who are initially reassured and distracted by his circumstantial speech, then increasingly irritated by his pestering behavior. Despite his unprepossessing appearance and apparent absentmindedness, he shrewdly solves all of his cases and secures all evidence needed for indictment. His formidable eye for detail and relentlessly dedicated approach, though apparent to the viewer, often become clear to the killer only late in the story line.
Up Next:
The only cop I know in Gotham

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
8 James Gordon - 59 points
(4 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 RoninFox

The Wiki:
Worthington Gordon is a supporting character in DC Comics' Batman series. Created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, he first appeared in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939). He was the first Batman supporting character to be introduced. In most incarnations of the Batman mythos, Gordon is the police commissioner of Batman's home of Gotham City. He shares the hero’s deep commitment of ridding the dark and corrupting city of crime. In Golden and Silver age comics and on the 1960s Batman television show, Gordon fully trusts, and is even somewhat dependent on Batman. In most modern stories, he is somewhat skeptical of Batman's vigilante method but recognizes the necessity of Batman and the two have a mutual respect and tacit friendship. He was the husband of Barbara Kean Gordon and Sarah Essen Gordon. Gordon is also the father or adoptive father, depending on the continuity, of Barbara Gordon, the original Batgirl and later Oracle, and James Gordon Jr. Commissioner Gordon is an important part of the Batman mythos and has appeared in most other media adaptations of the character.
Up Next:
The hottest cop in short shorts

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
7 Lt. Jim Dangle- 63 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Anais

The Wiki:
Lt. James "Jim" Dangle is a Lieutenant at the Reno County Sheriff Department. He was born in Arkansas. He was raised by his uncle Frederick after his mother committed suicide and his father abandoned him for his second family in Chicago. Prior to joining the Reno Sheriff's department he was in the Coast Guard. He has a strong interest in musical theater and the arts. Lt. Dangle was married to Debbie, an heiress to a fortune. They divorced so she could marry Leslie who later left her for Jim. Jim and Leslie attempted to marry but were arrested by the other members of the Sheriff's Department as same-sex marriages are illegal in Nevada.
Up Next:
Repooc Elad TnegA IBF

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
6 (Tie) FBI Agent Dale Cooper - 64 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 Charles Hussein Castle

The Wiki:
FBI Special Agent Dale Bartholomew Cooper, portrayed by Kyle MacLachlan, is a fictional character and the protagonist of the ABC television series Twin Peaks. He briefly appears in the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. Cooper is an eccentric FBI agent who arrives in Twin Peaks in 1989 to investigate the brutal murder of the popular high school student, Laura Palmer, falling in love with the town and gaining a great deal of acceptance within the tightly knit community. He displays an array of quirky mannerisms such as giving a 'thumbs up' when satisfied, sage-like sayings, and distinctive sense of humor along with his love for a good cherry pie and a "damn fine cup of coffee" (which he takes black). One of his most popular habits is recording spoken-word tapes to a mysterious woman called 'Diane' into his microcassette recorder that he always carries with him, that often contain everyday observations and thoughts on his current case.
Up Next:
Estoy la ley!

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
6 (Tie) Judge Dredd - 64 points
(4 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Monsterbrains

The Wiki:
Judge Joseph Dredd is a fictional character whose comic strip in the British science fiction anthology 2000 AD is the magazine's longest running, having been featured there since its second issue in 1977. Dredd is an American law enforcement officer in a violent city of the future where uniformed Judges are empowered to arrest, sentence, and execute criminals at the scene of crime. The character was created by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra, although Editor Pat Mills also deserves some credit for early development. Judge Dredd is amongst the UK's best known comic characters. So great is the character's name recognition that his name is sometimes invoked over similar issues to those explored by the comic series, such as the police state, authoritarianism, and the rule of law.[2] Judge Dredd was named the Seventh Greatest Comic Character by the British magazine Empire.[3] In 2011, IGN ranked him 35th in the Top 100 Comic Book Heroes.
Up Next:
He doesn’t remember a time when he didn't want to be a police officer... apart from the summer of 1979 when he wanted to be Kermit the Frog.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
Top 5 Tomorrow Morning! I hope you have enjoyed the list so far!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
32 Jacques "The Mountie" Rougeau - 24 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2 RoninFox)

The Wiki:
Jacques Rougeau Jr. (born June 13, 1960) is a retired French-Canadian professional wrestler best known for his appearances in the 1980s and 1990s with the World Wrestling Federation. Rougeau began his career by wrestling under his real name, as part of a tag team with his brother Raymond Rougeau, with whom he is a former WWF Tag Team Champion (albeit unofficially). Later Rougeau began a singles career where he wrestled as The Mountie, winning the Intercontinental Championship once. Later still, he formed the tag team The Quebecers with Pierre Ouellet, and won the Tag Team Championship three more times.
Up Next:
The other Guardians of the Galaxy

I got downright giddy when I saw The Mountie make the list, but I was on vacation and only had a couple minutes between visits with family to look at the forum.  I thought for awhile that if he did make the countdown I'd post a clip of a funny promo or something, but there aren't that many good clips of him that I can find, so I'll settle for just putting up this earworm of an entrance theme.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jc75sS6ya40" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jc75sS6ya40</a>

I was tempted to include another wrestling police character, but he never entertained me as much as this goofball trying like hell to make his thick French Canadian accent sound threatening as he brandished his "shockstick" and bellowed "I YAM DA MOUNTIE!"

I also love the fact that when him and Pierre started the Quebecers tag team, it was obviously supposed to be The Mounties, and they still wore the red uniforms, but because they were under threat of a defamation suit by the real RCMP they changed the name of the team, and tweaked the lyrics to...well...this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9CY2XtuxoEI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9CY2XtuxoEI</a>
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
5 Nicholas Angel - 82 points
(5 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2Darth Geek*

The Wiki:
Police Inspector Nicholas "Nick" Angel is a main character featured in Hot Fuzz. He was portrayed by Simon Pegg. Nicholas Angel was born and schooled in London. He traced his early interest in police work back to his uncle Derek, who worked as an officer in the Metropolitan Police Service, and who brought the five-year-old Nicholas a police pedal car. He took to it instantly, riding around in it every second he was awake, arresting kids twice his size for littering and spitting. He graduated from Canterbury University in 1993 with a double first in Politics and Sociology, and later graduated into the Metropolitan Police Service after attending Hendon College of Police Training and receiving the Baton of Honour. He displayed great aptitude in field exercises, particularly urban pacification and riot control. During his time at the Met, he integrated himself into the local community, and improved his skills with courses in Advanced Driving, Advanced Cycling and extra-vocational activities such as fencing, judo and chess.
Up Next:
Hey, wipe that off before you put it back