login

Author Topic: Power Rangers (2017)  (Read 19286 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4512
Re: Power Rangers (2017)
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dIgfwK9N7mw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dIgfwK9N7mw</a>

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
Still essentially the same trailer, but it's amazing what a little extra cutting can do.  Less angst makes it look a little better, at least.

Not a big Power Rangers fan, but a friend of mine is super-stoked about them, so for his sake I hope it's watchable.  Nothing I've seen so far suggests that it'll be anywhere near as fun as the show...granted, it doesn't have to be nearly as goofy, but the overly blue color filter doesn't fill me with confidence that will have anything approaching a sense of humor.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4512
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
Another trailer:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGH9kSRjKs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGH9kSRjKs</a>

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »
Now, most of my concerns from the first trailer are still there ("Pee in that cup?"  Really?), but they do appear to have a fight out in the middle of nowhere for absolutely no explicable reason.  That I can get behind. :)
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »
I never really got the appeal of the Power Rangers, and the trailer did nothing to change my mind. I am impressed however that somehow they got Bryan Cranston to appear in it.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »
Nerdist 8/08/2018:
HASBRO IS DEVELOPING A POWER RANGERS MOVIE SEQUEL
Quote from: BLAIR MARNELL
Last year, Lionsgate’s Power Rangers movie rebooted the long running franchise and reintroduced the classic Rangers characters with a new cast. It didn’t exactly light up the box office, and the planned sequels didn’t immediately take shape. However, the Power Rangers‘ new owners have big plans for the future, including a sequel to the latest movie.

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner announced that the company “will work with a film studio to develop a new Power Rangers movie as a follow-up to the 2017 release.” Goldner didn’t specify which studio, so it may not necessarily be with Lionsgate. But the phrasing of the news suggests the next film will not simply be another reboot. Presumably, Dacre Montgomery, Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler, Becky G, and Ludi Lin would reprise their roles alongside Bryan Cranston’s Zordon and Bill Hader’s Alpha 5.

In the lead up to Power Rangers‘ release, Lionsgate suggested it was planning as many as seven sequels to the film. That may have been premature, but the closing moments of the movie did set up the arrival of Tommy Oliver, the Green Ranger. In the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series, the Green Ranger saga is one of the most popular stories and it firmly established Tommy as a fan favorite.

It’s unclear if Hasbro also has ambitions to introduce the Power Rangers to its cinematic universe, including G.I. Joe and characters from other famous toylines. It’s an intriguing possibility, now that the Rangers are firmly under Hasbro’s control.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:28 PM »
I'm very openly a long-time Power Rangers and Super Sentai fan(atic).  While I felt there could have been very obvious improvements, the latest movies was actually pretty decent.... but I'm hoping Hasbro will not only do an actual sequel to it (it was a good origin story), but that they'll step it up a few notches.

Also, the "neo-Saban era" (everything after Saban bought it all back from Disney... Samurai through the latest series) has been SOOOO bad. (Dino Charge was okay)  This latest series Ninja Steel is so bad it's basically unwatchable. Hasbro subtly stated that they felt it wasn't reaching its full potential and that it didn't fit with modern viewers... so I'm also hoping they'll kind of mature it up a bit for current times. Even little kids theese days want more serious toned stories with actual consequences. Not some cheesy after-school special from the 90's brought alive with lame digital effects.

In short.... I have a decent amount of faith in Hasbro to make something GOOD out of all they've purchased. Something to fix what Saban has straight up destroyed.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.