login

Author Topic: Fargo the TV series on FX  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Fargo the TV series on FX
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
I'm torn.  I have no doubt it will be fantastic, but I also thought it would be interesting to see him do something different.  That said, I'm sure it will have a very different feel.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 01:39:11 PM »
I'm torn.  I have no doubt it will be fantastic, but I also thought it would be interesting to see him do something different.  That said, I'm sure it will have a very different feel.

This quote gives a good indication of how the tone may be different: "I would say if the three movies that influenced Season 1 were 'Fargo,' 'No Country for Old Men' and 'A Serious Man,' this year we are in 'Fargo,' 'Miller's Crossing' and 'The Man Who Wasn't There,'"

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »
Sounds good to me.  Hopefully season 6 won't be "Fargo", "Intolerable Cruelty" and "The Lady Killers".  (If it was "Fargo", "O Brother Where Art Thou" and "Raising Arizona", I'd be up for that.  Especially if Key and Peele can rise from the dead to rejoin the series.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:18 AM »
Renewed for a second season! http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fargo-season-two-fx-1201265810/

And we already have some details.  Apparently it will be a prequel covering the 1979 Sioux Falls incident that was referenced in season one. 

I fist-pumped when the news broke that the 2nd season will be based on that incident. Malvo may have provided my favorite moments; Lou was my favorite character from S1.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »
Wow, so far the second season is even better than the first. I love the tone and the atmosphere, and the characters are great. And since it's not directly a remake anymore it has more freedom to do its own thing, while still staying true to the feel of the original film.

I don't know how I feel about the conspiracy stuff, but I absolutely love the rest of it.

Oh, and I worked with the actress who plays the state trooper's wife on a small movie in new york. She was great and really funny. I'm glad to see she is getting work.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
I've been really enjoying it too. When you say conspiracy stuff do you mean the stuff the Nick Offerman character was talking about, or the stuff regarding the war? I actually really liked the Bingo scene with Offerman, it was clearly heavily inspired by scenes from the Big Lebowski at the bowling ally.

This season has really grabbed me in a way the first season didn't until a few episodes in. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens in all the different interlocking stories.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
I've been really enjoying it too. When you say conspiracy stuff do you mean the stuff the Nick Offerman character was talking about, or the stuff regarding the war? I actually really liked the Bingo scene with Offerman, it was clearly heavily inspired by scenes from the Big Lebowski at the bowling ally.

This season has really grabbed me in a way the first season didn't until a few episodes in. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens in all the different interlocking stories.

I meant more the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:10:13 PM by Variety of Cells »

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 08:43:23 PM »

I haven't had a chance to watch this past week's episode yet, but man the opener was outstanding. This show lessens the blow of losing Justified earlier this year a bit.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 06:12:35 PM »

I meant more the

I completely forgot about that scene.
That's all just a theory though.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 08:43:46 PM »

I meant more the

I like that theory.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »

I meant more the

I like that theory.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »

I meant more the

I like that theory.

Last episode was even better than the others.  Can't wait for more.  Being from Minnesota, I love all the things that they get right about it.  Loved that they were playing cribbage.  And Mike Milligan's right, Minnesotans aren't necessarily nice, but they are very polite about being mean.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
Just wanted to reiterate that this is my favorite show on television.  I might even say I like it better than Breaking Bad.  If you have any interest at all you should give it a watch.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
Just watched the season finale and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in how it wrapped up. I felt the Peggy and Ed stuff was really good but everything around seemed a little rushed and/or anticlimactic. There were a couple pretty major red herrings and deus ex machinas that made my sigh pretty heavily.

Fortunately I'm the type of person that doesn't need a great ending to enjoy a story. Overall it was still a good season and I hope to see it come back next year. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »
I kind of liked how it wrapped up with the exception of

But the kind of flat and unresolved way a lot of the characters end that series...its so different that it seems refreshing.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing