login

Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 15204 times)

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: Rick and Morty: season 3, AIRING NOW!
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2017, 05:12:11 AM »
If something is in such high demand, a business should keep a fairly good supply of said product. But given that, people also shouldn't be rioting over Szechuan sauce. To be frank, there are few if any reasons for people to be rioting, but least of all over this!

I don't think they expected much demand over a sauce you can buy in any grocery store.
I already checked my local stores and none of them carried it except Target but you could only order it online as it was not actually sold in the store..

I still say that counts though.  There is a brand of barbecue sauce I like that I can't exactly find on the shelves at grocery stores, but I can always make an online order and pick up at Walmart (with free shipping).
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5004
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2017, 05:30:50 AM »
If something is in such high demand, a business should keep a fairly good supply of said product. But given that, people also shouldn't be rioting over Szechuan sauce. To be frank, there are few if any reasons for people to be rioting, but least of all over this!

I don't think they expected much demand over a sauce you can buy in any grocery store.
I already checked my local stores and none of them carried it except Target but you could only order it online as it was not actually sold in the store..

I still say that counts though.  There is a brand of barbecue sauce I like that I can't exactly find on the shelves at grocery stores, but I can always make an online order and pick up at Walmart (with free shipping).
I'd have done the same if Target offered that as an option to ship free to their store but Nope!
Suddenly their brand doubled in price because of shipping costs to my home >:(

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2017, 05:41:34 AM »

I'd have done the same if Target offered that as an option to ship free to their store but Nope!
Suddenly their brand doubled in price because of shipping costs to my home >:(
How bizarre.  My local Target has site-to-store.  Used it two months ago to get some low carb burrito shells that have erratic availability in stores.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2017, 07:10:19 AM »
Of all the things that protesting can change this year, why is it sauce?
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2017, 07:14:11 AM »
Of all the things that protesting can change this year, why is it sauce?

Only a handful of people need to consent to implement this change, instead of hundreds.  Also, nobody is opposed to it.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2017, 07:13:16 PM »
Posting this twice, but the article does a good job of highliting the absurdity of fans being mad about this.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/9/16447460/rick-and-morty-szechuan-sauce-mcdonalds-fans-anger

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2017, 12:05:39 AM »
I can understand being upset after waiting for hours and not getting this sauce.  What utterly baffles me is people lining up for hours in the first place.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
I can understand being upset after waiting for hours and not getting this sauce.  What utterly baffles me is people lining up for hours in the first place.

I admit, when I first heard about the promotion I considered going. My wife and I even looked up the list of participating McDonald's in the area. When we realized that the closest one to us was over a half-hour drive away we skipped it.

At first we thought one down the street was participating, and we went as far as discussing how crowded it would have to be before we would just keep driving and get dinner somewhere else.

I guess my confusion doesn't come from people willing to wait in line for sauce, but for bothering to get angry at people who have no control over it. If you want to go home and blast McDonald's on Facebook or Twitter, I get it. You're probably taking things too seriously, but you did just waste your afternoon responding to a corporate promotion that jerked you around. If, however, you start screaming at the person running the register that only had 20 packets to give...then you become the asshole. Guess what, they don't make the sauce at the restaurant. They don't have the ingredients, no one there knows the recipe.

So far the asshole fans haven't made me enjoy the show any less. I'm kind of used to that, if asshole fans of a thing could ruin that thing for me I wouldn't still be watching wrestling. I just get better at finding the fans I can stand.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:09:21 AM by RoninFox »

gum.co/RFTrocky

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »
I guess my confusion doesn't come from people willing to wait in line for sauce, but for bothering to get angry at people who have no control over it. If you want to go home and blast McDonald's on Facebook or Twitter, I get it. You're probably taking things too seriously, but you did just waste your afternoon responding to a corporate promotion that jerked you around. If, however, you start screaming at the person running the register that only had 20 packets to give...then you become the asshole. Guess what, they don't make the sauce at the restaurant. They don't have the ingredients, no one there knows the recipe.

Well... after all that waiting people are bound to get irritable, and after being told it was all for nothing there's gonna be a lot of pent up rage.  I can forgive someone who acts rashly in that circumstance.  They probably feel bad about it later and hopefully return to offer an apology.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »
Pretty clever :o

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
Pretty clever :o

Jerry would give everything to be that suave.

Shit, I would give almost everything to be that suave.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2017, 06:17:31 PM »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM »
Well I tried to merge the Season 3 thread to this one but I don't think I did it right.. :-[
Thanks for the help there Pak :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:33:52 AM by RVR II »