Author Topic: New VOD "Terror at Tenkiller" Now Available!!!  (Read 3805 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
New VOD "Terror at Tenkiller" Now Available!!!
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/video/terror-at-tenkiller

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iLBjRxOZflk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iLBjRxOZflk</a>

Follow-up to the rarely seen, totally imaginary films Ennui at Eightkiller and Nausea at Ninekiller, Terror at Tenkiller really brings the goods! And by “the goods” we mostly mean there’s a character named Tor in it. Seriously, at this point the Venn diagram of “movies featuring a character or actor named Tor” and “movies we have riffed” must be approaching a perfect circle. Why does this keep happening? We don’t know, but you can be sure an insane scientist in some B movie is hard at work on the answer, and that his name is Tor!

This particular Tor lives at a lake called Tenkiller, where his hobbies include boat maintenance, wearing upsettingly tiny shorts, and purifying the world of unclean people with murder. Oh, that Tor! He works with Preacher, an old creep whose voice seems to have been dubbed in a bathroom stall by a sleepy hillbilly. When two cute college coeds show up at the lake to get away from an overbearing boyfriend, and the fact that they’re somehow roommates despite a 15 year age difference, it’s time for terror! And phone calls. And long conversations about restaurant management. And naps. And people waking up from naps. And peaceful walks to the dock. But mostly, the first thing! What was it again? Oh yeah, TERROR!

Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, and Tor for a relaxing spa murder weekend to Terror at Tenkiller!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: New VOD "Terror at Tenkiller" Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »
Watchin it now.. Early Midnight showing 8)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 309
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
Never heard of the film. Hopefully next month I'll have time to catch up and watch this and Mario Brothers.

Offline J Garth Wilcox

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
I wonder who the director thought he was making the film for. No real gore or fancy kills, so nothing for gorehounds. Killer is revealed early on so there's no mystery aspect to the film. When women take their tops off they always turn away from the camera, so nothing for the sleezy people. And of course the usual lack of suspense. This would be unwatchable without the rifftrax.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I wonder who the director thought he was making the film for. No real gore or fancy kills, so nothing for gorehounds. Killer is revealed early on so there's no mystery aspect to the film. When women take their tops off they always turn away from the camera, so nothing for the sleezy people. And of course the usual lack of suspense. This would be unwatchable without the rifftrax.

Clearly it's made for people interested in the characters and the dynamic between them and how they handle the situation they're in, more than the actual situation they're in being the draw.  Sort of like The Walking Dead.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
Okay, before I considered buying the Rifftrax VOD, I had to see if this film was any good, because I had never even heard of it before yesterday. I watched it on youtube last night. A very mediocre slasher film, but I didn't hate it. The director Kevin Meyer played the abusive ex-boyfriend Josh.

I love the setting at this lake cabin out in the middle of nowhere. The constant crickets got annoying. There's crickets at the college for crying out loud. And there's next to no nudity. I like the girls' bikini bodies, though. Especially Janna. ;)

I'll get the Rifftrax version now.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »

I was expecting some big supernatural twist at the end of the film. Especially after all that talk about the indian girl and the ten dead men, whatever Janna was talking. Apparently the only reason it's in there is to explain the bizarre name of the lake "Tenkiller".
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »

I was expecting some big supernatural twist at the end of the film. Especially after all that talk about the indian girl and the ten dead men, whatever Janna was talking. Apparently the only reason it's in there is to explain the bizarre name of the lake "Tenkiller".

In the real world the lake is named for the family that owned the land the lake is on.  The family were Cherokees but near as I can tell the legend told in the movie isn't a real one nor does it have anything to do with how the lake was named.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
I like the girls' bikini bodies, though. Especially Janna. ;)

Which one?! Janna has at least 2 different bodies in the movie. The one she had most of the time, or the body she had in that one random scene where she took her top off that was obviously filmed a year later after she went up 5 cup sizes and grew her hair out a bit??

I really can't believe the guys didn't make any comment on that. What a missed opportunity.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »
The blonde-chick was quite good-looking for sure.  Janna? Not so much. Her more buxom body was decent looking, I suppose (I can't tell if it was a body double or the actress after putting on weight or getting work done. I'd guess the former since surgery that looks that good probably wasn't around back then.)

Hell, and I've no real problem with small-breasted women, Janna's entire personality was a turn-off.  But they made up for her lack of boobs by showing us her lady-batch and vestigial tail.