Author Topic: RiffTrax Live! Night of the Living Dead VOD Now Available!!!  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
RiffTrax Live! Night of the Living Dead VOD Now Available!!!
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/video/rifftrax-live-night-living-dead

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U67l00P1hmM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U67l00P1hmM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Fresh out of the grave and ready to download or stream! This is the complete show, including the final short in the beloved Norman Krasner series, Norman Makes a Speech, because Norman is EVERYONE’S favorite zombie!

This classic 1968 horror film is where it all began. No, not the cronut trend, we’re talking about the omnipresent zombie craze! 28 Weeks Later, Resident Evil: Retribution, that Zack Snyder remake of Dawn of the Dead...We wouldn’t have any of them without Night of the Living Dead! (Pause to think about whether this is a good thing.)

When she’s attacked in a cemetery by zombies, a young woman named Barbara flees to an abandoned farm house. There she’s joined by a ragtag group of survivors who band together to wait out the apocalypse, with the occasional light descent into madness. The rest of the movie plays out like The Big Chill, but instead of Glenn Close sobbing naked in the shower, they board up windows and occasionally get devoured alive. So in this respect, Night of the Living Dead is the slightly less depressing movie.

Shotguns! Molotov cocktails! Exploding cars! Headshots galore! Like one of those awesome zombie video games (except you don’t get to play it), RiffTrax Live: Night of the Living Dead is guaranteed to be scarier than Brad Pitt’s beard in World War Z and funnier than the acting on The Walking Dead! You won’t want to miss it!

http://www.rifftrax.com/video/rifftrax-live-night-living-dead

For the first time we are offering full 1080P video!

Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Utah Graphics World
Re: RiffTrax Live! Night of the Living Dead VOD Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
Downloading now.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
I think I prefer this version to the VOD version.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:55 AM »
I was so upset that I could not see it due to work.............but I am soooo happy now.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
I think I prefer this version to the VOD version.

I feel the opposite. But either way, the Manos Live riff was far funnier than either.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 01:40:40 AM »
Y'Know, one thing has always bugged me about this movie. Except for the little girl, everyone in the movie died of stupidity or incompetence, more so than zombie attack.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 03:21:27 AM »
Y'Know, one thing has always bugged me about this movie. Except for the little girl, everyone in the movie died of stupidity or incompetence, more so than zombie attack.

I think that's sorta the point.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:59:21 AM »
That is why you should always be friends with zombie hunting groups with guns.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

Offline ronguidry78

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 12:22:46 AM »
When is the Rifftrax DVD coming out? I was at this show in nashville and I want an official rifftrax merc version of this one.

Hard to no purchase the VOD though.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
Is this one going to upset someone who thinks that NOTLD is probably the most important American horror film ever made and arguably just a great 1960s American film regardless of genre (I'm not really sure what you can do to make the ending of NOTLD funny, especially considering the historical context it was made in)?

I'm not saying that it should be treated as any kind of untouchable "sacred cow" (I know that NOTLD getting the Rifftrax treatment was probably kind of inevitable since it's in the public domain) and if it were treated as a "roast" of a classic film along the same lines as Casablanca or The Wizard of Oz, I would be ok with that, but I'm still a bit hesitant to watch this one. Of course, nobody's forcing me to, and I'm free to stick to things like Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny and Birdemic if I so choose....

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
I doubt it'll upset anyone who is a fan of the movie or the genre it inspired.  The riffs tend to be more centered around some of the funnier quirks of the characters and just other funny little things about the situation and set-up.  Not too much in the way of "this movie is painful/terrible" type jokes.