Author Topic: TEH OFFICIAL 2014 NFL SEASON Thread  (Read 68794 times)

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: TEH OFFICIAL 2014 NFL SEASON Thread
« Reply #615 on: March 04, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Apparently LeSean McCoy has been traded to the Bills.  And the Eagles get a lineman in return.

WTF?  I just don't understand this at all.  Why trade one of our best players, just to get some room under the salary cap?
I read somewhere that McCoy had some issues like working Saturdays er something like that..
It seems to be a pretty good deal for the Bills but we'll see how he does in the upcoming season :-\

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #616 on: March 04, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Why would Peyton Manning agree to a paycut? Does he know he is getting too old for this shit?
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #617 on: March 04, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
Why would Peyton Manning agree to a paycut? Does he know he is getting too old for this shit?
I think it was a combination of age and salary cap space so by freeing up $4 million for other players, it assures him 1 more year with Denver before possible retirement

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #618 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:47 PM »
He is not giving up the money..... I am sure he will get the money paid to him later in life, so it wont count against salary cap.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »
He is not giving up the money..... I am sure he will get the money paid to him later in life, so it wont count against salary cap.
I wish I could do that :'(

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »
Apparently LeSean McCoy has been traded to the Bills.  And the Eagles get a lineman in return.

WTF?  I just don't understand this at all.  Why trade one of our best players, just to get some room under the salary cap?
I read somewhere that McCoy had some issues like working Saturdays er something like that..
It seems to be a pretty good deal for the Bills but we'll see how he does in the upcoming season :-\

He did sort of complain about the extra workouts Chip has them doing every week.  But not really, what he said was blown out of proportion.

I think it's about the money, I think after the deal they save over $10 million, they have dumped a few guys recently and seem to be trying to build up room under the salary cap.  So maybe there is a bigger deal coming, they sure kept the McCoy thing a secret, no one had a clue about it.  The ownership gave Chip full power to do trades and pick players, so the team we end up with is all on him.

The Bills do get the better end of the deal for sure, he was the all time leading rusher for the Eagles.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #621 on: March 06, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
Just a 'hop over the mountains' for our new acquisition..

Panthers sign Michael Oher to two-year contract
Posted: Mar 06, 2015 2:28 PM EST Updated: Mar 06, 2015 2:41 PM EST

(Source: Carolina Panthers) (Source: Carolina Panthers)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Free agent tackle Michael Oher signed a two-year contract with the Carolina Panthers, the team announced Friday.

Head coach Ron Rivera says he's excited to have Oher and the experience he brings on the team, “He's a pro who understands what it takes to win. A big part of why we pursued Michael was his relationship with offensive line coach John Matsko and the opportunity to have him work with Ray Brown. We are excited to have him."

Oher has been in the league for six seasons and started his career under Coach John Matsko in Baltimore as the Ravens' first-round draft choice in 2009. In his five seasons with the Ravens, Oher started all 80 regular season games he played in and was a part of the Ravens' Super Bowl XLVII win. As a part of the Ravens' offensive line, Oher helped the team set a record for most touchdowns scored.

In 2014, he played with the Tennessee Titans and started all 11 games he played.

Before being drafted, Oher played four-years at Ole Miss where he ended his career with the third-best consecutive starting streak among SEC players. At Ole Miss, Oher was a first-team All-American and unanimous first-team All-SEC choice as a senior in 2008.

If the name Michael Oher rings a bell outside of his football accolades, you might remember the name from the movie, "The Blind Side," starring Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, and Quinton Aaron.