login

Author Topic: RiffTrax Presents VOD "King of Kong Island" w/ Matthew Elliott and Ian Potter  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/king-kong-island-elliott-potter

Guns, girls, grappling, gorillas, slightly gray looking greenery! This film has it all!

King of Kong Island is the action-packed tale of a scantily-clad jungle girl, some people who speak English without seeming to understand it and sometimes without bothering to move their lips, a mad scientist friend of theirs they’ve lost touch with a bit and their very many cigarettes. It seems almost impossible for these many disparate elements to fuse together into one coherent and gripping narrative, doesn’t it? Well, that didn’t stop the makers of this bizarre Italian adventure story giving it a go anyhow.

Hey, it was the 60s, a lot of people were experimenting. In this case they were experimenting with planting radio spares in apes’ brains so they could be controlled remotely. Everyone needs a hobby, don’t they?

Our square-jawed and trapezoid-chested hero, Burt, is drawn into a world of intrigue, stock footage of wildlife, terrifying disco-dancing and advanced brain surgery in this extraordinary film that everyone claims features a relative of King Kong. With the help of your intrepid riffers, Matthew J Elliott and Ian Potter, you will be able to join those happy few who have made it through to the end to find out if that’s actually true. You may not be quite as happy as them when you get there, but you’ll laugh a lot along the way and you’ll never make it through Kong Island without us.

Wherever it turns out that is…

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/king-kong-island-elliott-potter
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Oh man, I just realized that I actually watch and review RiffTrax entries as part of what I consider "work" now. I wish I could do this forever!

http://rifflifemovie.blogspot.com/2014/01/rifftrax-reviews-king-of-kong-island.html

Long story short, great entry but can get a bit TOO British sometimes. A-. :)

Offline Lanrezac

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 3
This was terrific.  I had to listen to it more than once to understand everything that was said, but that's a GOOD thing.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 44
Was January 28, 2014 the official release date of this VOD?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 698
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries

Yes.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World

Yes.

It was super great.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 44

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
I'm probably breaking Hugh Rees Music's heart by saying this, but Harry's elder brother and I have just recorded a new RiffTrax Presents, which should hopefully be available quite soon.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
I'm probably breaking Hugh Rees Music's heart by saying this, but Harry's elder brother and I have just recorded a new RiffTrax Presents, which should hopefully be available quite soon.

WOOOO!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"

How long is "quite soon," in UK time?  I quite enjoyed King of Kong Island.  Being a Monty Python fan since I was a nipper, you're accent is no impediment for me!  I look forward to your next riff!  I can't remember which of you,  that riffed horror express, but that was also a good one.  Brits make fine riffers...the Japanese make them smaller and cheaper. (R.I.P. Benny Hill).
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
That's up to the good people at RiffTrax. The live shows and ComiCon must take precedence, obviously, but I hope it'll be shortly after that. Yes, I was the guy who did Horror Express, which boasted a cameo appearance by the great Bill Corbett - one reviewer thought it was me informing him of Bonesaw's readiness and took to Facebook to tell me how disgusted he was with me. 

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
That's up to the good people at RiffTrax. The live shows and ComiCon must take precedence, obviously, but I hope it'll be shortly after that. Yes, I was the guy who did Horror Express, which boasted a cameo appearance by the great Bill Corbett - one reviewer thought it was me informing him of Bonesaw's readiness and took to Facebook to tell me how disgusted he was with me.

Well, that actually was pretty fast!   Downloading now, and looking forward to a good riffing!  Thanks!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
Watched King of Kong Island again.  :D
"Oh, stock footage of animals, we missed you. Sorry we scoffed!"
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
One more comment.  I loved the Tom and Jerry crew references.  I had to reach into childhood memories to get the jokes, but it was great when I understood the jokes.

FYI.  In the first 5 minutes of this film, Mr. MJ Elliott explains why he's a Rifftrax Presents  regular!  (See Scared to Death thread).
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
I plan on watching tonight