login

Author Topic: What did you learn my pretties?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: What did you learn my pretties?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
I learned that even in a whimsical place like Munchkinland, a singing coroner would probably be off-putting.
But not as off-putting as Munchkin children sleeping in eggs. WTF?!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »
I learned that even in a whimsical place like Munchkinland, a singing coroner would probably be off-putting.
Also, HOW did he "thoroughly examine her"? The accident was only a few minutes ago, and she's still under the house!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 448
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »
Also, HOW did he "thoroughly examine her"? The accident was only a few minutes ago, and she's still under the house!

It was clearly a conspiracy. The Munchkins were so against TWW that they just decided to make her "dead" legally so they could dispose of the body before she had a chance to recover and exact evil again.  The other option was to declare it a boating accident so they could go on and open the beaches for their weekend celebration.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
I learned that the Tin Man is an asshole.  He purposely untied the balloon in an attempt to strand Dorthy in Oz at the end when she jumped out to grab Toto.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
One thing I have never understood. The Wicked Witch of the West's broom is apparently powerful, or at least very important. She's never seen without it, and the Wizard wants it. Yet she casually sets it on fire.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
I never took it that the broom had any importance of particular power. Just an ordinary broom which probably means s much to the WWoW as any other broom.  The "Wizard" doesn't really "want" it, keep in mind he's likely just sending the group on a fool's errand, one he doesn't believe they can accomplish since he knows he can't really grant any "wishes" to them.

The thing I never got, and still don't get, is why the ruby slippers were so important. Are we ever told? I mean whatever power they possess obviously didn't do the WWoE any favors considering she got killed by a house falling out of nowhere. 

I learned that some trees are alive and take great umbrage at you picking their fruit. In fact, annoy them enough and they'll get so mad at you they'll throw their fruit at you! Wait...

I learned that "Horses of a Different Color" conveniently change colors between shots.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 80
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
Well, what are the odds that a HOUSE is gonna land on you?

In fact, that's exactly what the jeweled slipper salesgirl TOLD the Wicked Witch of the East when she expressed concern over that very thing. And she went on about how, yeah, those ruby slippers would TOTALLY make that stuck-up skank Glinda wicked jealous.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 05:25:23 PM »
So in this world, good witches are beautiful, and bad witches are ugly. And Glinda has to ASK Dorathy is she's good or bad...Glinda must think Dorathy is incredibly plain and dull.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:27:17 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 05:40:09 PM »
So in this world, good witches are beautiful, and bad witches are ugly. And Glinda has to ASK Dorathy is she's good or bad...Glinda must think Dorathy is incredibly plain and dull.

Indeed. And, really, Glinda. You're no spring-chicken if we're to be real honest.

Online RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
She also has no respect for Dorothy's intelligence, as evidenced by that "She wouldn't have believed me" crack.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »
She also has no respect for Dorothy's intelligence, as evidenced by that "She wouldn't have believed me" crack.

Which given everything that had happened to her up until the point where she left Munchkin Land I'd think she'd be open to believe anything. I mean, her house surviving a tornado that transports her to a magical land full of "Munchkins" and witches?  I'd think that believing clicking her heels together and wishing to get home would be pretty much the most believable thing that happened to her that day.

But, no, I guess first she needed to meet a living Scarecrow, a talking man made of "Tin" and a fraidy-cat anthropomorphic lion before believing in how to get home.

And, really, they didn't give her more specific directions to get to Oz beyond "follow the Yellow Brick Road" did they forget about crossroads down the way?

Online RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
The crossroads didn't trip them up at all though, I think they all just converge down the way anyway.  Maybe one of them was a tollway, and another was a frontage road servicing it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »
Man, if she took the frontage road she really would have ran into Nick Nolte!

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 481
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »

I did NOT learn what hideous musical style that King of the Forest song is supposed to be. Seriously, it's just embarrassing.

It sounded a lot like Gilbert and Sullivan, or more like a mockery of G&S.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »
I learned that when you look into the Wicked Witch of the East's crystal ball you can see in "Manos"...