login

Poll

Do you think mike, bill, and kevin should have their own theater seat silhouettes like the one's used in MST3K?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Bill, Mike, & Kevin should use their own theater seat sillouettes on screen  (Read 179 times)

Offline Tizziler24

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I just think that it was an integral part to a riffing experience as i watched it with my dad growing up. It would be nice to see it used again if possible

Offline Tizziler24

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I always felt like the silhouettes were the best part of the original MST3K formula. It also makes the riffing more genuine; the voices of mike, bill, kevin, would give the impression that they're coming from a character on screen

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5191
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
The silhouettes are a copyright of Joel and MST3k. Rifftrax can't use them and even if they could the newer movies they riff, silhouettes would not be allowed again due to copyright infringement.
This has been discussed for years on this forum. There's a search you can pull up about this discussion under 'MST3k Silhouettes' and some even created their own silhouettes: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?action=search2
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:27:48 AM by RVR II »