login

Author Topic: LOC 74- Top 50 Cartoons of the 80's  (Read 31353 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: LOC 74- Top 50 Cartoons of the 80's
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »
Yea, I believe one of the Macross shows was one of the things mashed into Robotech... But I haven't watched any of it since I was a kid and never saw the original source material. So I have no idea which original show corresponded to which plot thread in Robotech.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
Said it before will say it again.  Transformers is number one
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »
Only Macross I've seen was the 2002 Macross Zero, which I thought was pretty good.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
I've only ever heard of Robotech, I always thought it was related to Macross the same way Starblazers is to Space Battleship Yamato or Battle of the Planets is to Gatchaman. I guess it's more complex than that then.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5879
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Basically, season one of Robotech is Macross, season 2 was Southern Cross (incidentally, both of the full titles included the words "super dimensional"), and the last one was MOSPEADA, although I think there's some mixing between series in an attempt to edit in continuity between them that didn't exist.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
#20 –Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind
(53 Points) 3 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #3 - Charles Hussein Castle
Better than the Valley of the Broken Wind
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJdQtnhKAtU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vJdQtnhKAtU</a>
Release Date:  1984

Just the Plagarism
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Japanese: 風の谷のナウシカ Hepburn: Kaze no Tani no Naushika?) is a 1984 Japanese animated post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, based on his own 1982 manga of the same name. Isao Takahata produced the film for Tokuma Shoten and Hakuhodo, and Top Craft animated the film. Joe Hisaishi provided the music. The film stars the voices of Sumi Shimamoto, Goro Naya, Yoji Matsuda, Yoshiko Sakakibara and Iemasa Kayumi.

The film tells the story of Nausicaä (Shimamoto), a young princess of the Valley of the Wind who gets involved in a struggle with Tolmekia, a kingdom that tries to use an ancient weapon to eradicate a jungle of mutant giant insects. Nausicaä must stop the Tolmekians from enraging these creatures.

The film was released in Japan on March 11, 1984. While created before Studio Ghibli was founded, the film is considered to be the beginning of the studio and is often included as part of the Studio's works, including the Studio Ghibli Collection DVDs and Blu-rays.

Miyazaki's work on Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind was inspired by a range of the works including Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea, Brian Aldiss's Hothouse, Isaac Asimov's Nightfall, and J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Dani Cavallaro also suggests inspiration from The Princess Who Loved Insects folktale, and the works of William Golding. Nausicaä, the character, was inspired in name and personality, by Homer's the Phaeacian princess in the Odyssey. While a connection to Frank Herbert's Dune is often made there is no confirmation apart from the name "Ohmu" being a syllabic rendition of the English "worm". Miyzaki's imagination was sparked the mercury poisoning of Minamata Bay and how nature responded and thrived in a poisoned environment; using it to create the polluted world of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Ian DeWeese-Boyd agrees, "Her commitment to love and understanding—even to the point of death—transforms the very nature of the conflict around her and begins to dispel the distorting visions that have brought it about.”

The most prominent themes are the anti-war and environmental focus of the film. Nausicaä, the heroine, believes in the value of life regardless of its form and through her actions stops a war. Loy and Goodhew state there is no evil portrayed in the film, but the Buddist roots of evil: greed, ill will and delusion. Fear is what drives the conflicts, the fear of the poisoned forest results in the greed and resentment. Nausicaä, besides from being a transformative force, leads people to understand and respect nature which is portrayed as a welcoming, spiritual, and restorative for those who enter it peacefully.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind received generally positive reviews from film critics. The film frequently ranked among the best animated films in Japan and is seen as a seminal influence on the development of anime, as the film's success lead to the foundation of Studio Ghibli and several other anime studios.Theron Martin of Anime News Network praised the film for its character designs, as well as Hayao Miyazaki's direction and Joe Hisaishi's score. He also said that the film "deserves a place on any short list of all-time classic anime movies."
 Commonsense Media, which serves to inform parents about media for children, rated the film positively and cited its good role models and positive messages, but also cautions parents about its dramatic setting and violent scenes. As of August 2013, review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 83% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 11 reviews with an average rating of 7.8/10.

Quantum Vagina’s take - I haven’t seen this movie in probably close to a decade now, and I don’t remember much from it, but I do remember that I liked it. It’s a cool movie with a cool story, and I think it’s up their in Miyazaki’s better works.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:09:11 PM by Quantum Vagina »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
#19 –Vampire Hunter D
(53 Points) 4 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #7 - McDonald’s
The Japanese Blade
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkDYDkVSNJA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WkDYDkVSNJA</a>
Release Date:  1985

Just the Plagarism
Vampire Hunter D (吸血鬼(バンパイア)ハンターD Vampaia hantā D) is a 1985 Japanese animated film produced by Ashi Productions, based on the novels written by Hideyuki Kikuchi and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano. It was one of the first anime films released outside of Japan and remains a cult classic in the English-speaking world. Billed by the Japanese producers as a "dark future science-fiction romance", Vampire Hunter D is set in the year 12,090 AD, in a post-nuclear holocaust world where a vampire nobility terrorizes human peasants.

While walking her guard rounds in the country, 17 year old Doris Lang, daughter of a deceased werewolf hunter, is attacked by Count Magnus Lee, the 10,000 year old, long-lost vampire lord. Magnus intends to make Doris his new zombie vampire bride. Doris later encounters a mysterious horseman, D (the first wandering hunter she has been unable to defeat), whom she hires to protect her from the vampires.
The young hunter becomes a pawn in a conflict between Count Lee, his daughter Lamica and the mutant servant Rei Ginsei. Greco Rohman, the mayor's son, also wants the feisty Doris for himself. When Doris is kidnapped by Count Lee, D battles his way into the vampire's gigantic fortress to rescue her. Lamica's loyalties are torn when she becomes disgusted with her father's lack of "nobility."
There is a long rescue attempt, with numerous running battles, as D tries to defeat the count and prevent Doris from transforming into a vampire. Once D defeats the count, the castle crumbles and D escapes with Doris and her brother Dan. D sets off under a now clear blue sky. Doris and her little brother wave him off as D looks back briefly and smiles. He then rides off into the sunset.

In December 2003, German anime distributor OVA Films released a restored version of Vampire Hunter D on DVD (PAL, Region Code 2, priced 29,95 €). Unlike the overwhelming majority of PAL anime releases, which are NTSC-PAL conversions of whatever master the Japanese licensor offers, OVA Films requested the film negative to do their own transfer from scratch in the PAL format. As the Japanese, French, US and UK DVDs have all been taken from composite transfers originally used for LD and VHS replication, Vampire Hunter D was sorely in need of a new master for the digital age. The OVA Films DVD included a brand new transfer from what OVA Films claimed to be the original negative. It should be noted that while the Japanese DVD does not have reel change-over marks, the German and American film masters do, so it's unlikely that this transfer was taken from the camera negative, and was more likely taken from a slightly lower quality inter-negative source a few generations away from the actual negative. The film is presented in 25 frames per second as opposed to its original 24 frames per second runtime, so the video and audio are both pitched up by 4% as is expected in PAL transfers. Despite running a few minutes shorter than all prior versions due to the PAL speedup, this release is completely unedited.

Quantum Vagina’s take - HOW DID I FORGET THIS MOVIE?! I was so annoyed when I got the lists from CJones and saw Vampire Hunter D. Massive frustration. This movie is AWESOME, and really cool, and you should watch it.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
#18 –The Little Mermaid
(55 Points) 4 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #5 - Cole Stratton
Better down where it’s wetter.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oz0H4UHd2J4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Oz0H4UHd2J4</a>
Release Date:  1989

Just the Plagarism
The Little Mermaid is a 1989 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Based on the Danish fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, The Little Mermaid tells the story of a beautiful mermaid who dreams of becoming human. Written, directed, and produced by Ron Clements and John Musker, with music by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman (who also served as a co-producer), the film features the voices Jodi Benson, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Pat Carroll, Samuel E. Wright, Jason Marin, Kenneth Mars, Buddy Hacket, and Rene Auberjonois.

The 28th film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, The Little Mermaid was released to theaters on November 14, 1989 to largely positive reviews, garnering $84 million at the box office during its initial release, and $211 million in total lifetime gross.

After the success of the 1988 Disney/Amblin film Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Little Mermaid is given credit for breathing life back into the art of Disney animated feature films after a string of critical or commercial failures produced by Disney that dated back to the early 1970s. It also marked the start of the era known as the Disney Renaissance.

A stage adaptation of the film with a book by Doug Wright and additional songs by Alan Menken and new lyricist Glenn Slater opened in Denver in July 2007 and began performances on Broadway January 10, 2008.

The film was originally released on November 14, 1989 along with the first Wallace and Gromit short A Grand Day Out, followed by a November 17, 1997 reissue. After the success of the 3D re-release of The Lion King, Disney announced a 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid scheduled for September 13, 2013, but this was cancelled on January 14, 2013 due to the under performances of other Disney 3D re-releases. The 3D version of the movie will instead be released on Blu-ray in Fall 2013. On September 20, 2013, The Little Mermaid began playing in select theaters where audiences can bring IPads and use an app called Second Screen Live.The film was also screened out of competition at the 1990 Cannes Film Festival.

In a then atypical and controversial move for a new Disney animated film, The Little Mermaid was released as part of the Walt Disney Classics line of VHS and Laserdisc home video releases in May 1990, eight months after the release of the film. Before Mermaid, only a select number of Disney's catalog animated films had been released to home video, as the company was afraid of upsetting its profitable practice of theatrically reissuing each film every seven years. Mermaid became that year's top-selling title on home video, with over 10 million units sold (including 7 million in its first month). This success led future Disney films to be released soon after the end of their theatrical runs, rather than delayed for several years.
Following Mermaid's 1997 re-release in theaters, a new VHS version of the film was released in March 1998 as part of the Masterpiece Collection and included a bonus music video of Jodi Benson singing "Part of Your World" during the end credits, replacing "Under the Sea" as the end credit song. The VHS sold 13 million units and ranked as the third best-selling video of the year.

The Little Mermaid was released in a Limited Issue "bare-bones" DVD in 1999, with a standard video transfer and no substantial features. The film was re-released on DVD on October 3, 2006, as part of the Walt Disney Platinum Editions line of classic Walt Disney animated features. Deleted scenes and several in-depth documentaries were included, as well as an Academy Award-nominated short film intended for the shelved Fantasia 2006, The Little Match Girl. The DVD sold 1.6 million units on its first day of release, and over 4 million units during its first week, making it the biggest animated DVD debut for October. By year's end, the DVD had sold about 7 million units and was one of the year's top ten selling DVDs. The Platinum Edition DVD was released as part of a "Little Mermaid Trilogy" boxed set on December 16, 2008. The Platinum Edition of the movie, along with its sequels, went on moratorium in January 2009. The film is set to be re-released on 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo, a 2-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo and 3D Blu-ray on October 1, 2013 as part of the Walt Disney Diamond Editions line.

Qunatum Vagina’s take - This movie is fun. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it, since I’m not an incredibly annoying pretentious hipster girl in her mid 20’s, but I remember it fairly well from my childhood. I do remember going through it with my cousins and finding the dirty secrets in it, like the dick on the cover, and the priest’s “kneecaps”. I think Daniel Tosh said it best, though when he said, “You try drawing Ariel for 12 hours a day and not putting a dick SOMEWHERE!”

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5879
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »
Really need to see Nausicaa.  Vampire Hunter D was low on my list if I recall, but it is still a pretty cool vampire hunting movie before EVERYONE was doing it.  Also, he talks to his hand, so he's also like a new Senor Wences.

Was never really into the Little Mermaid, though Ursula was a pretty great villain.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 918
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
First off: Thank you very very much to Quantum Vagina for taking over this list. Things are going much better for me now. Just ask me for any favor and I'll do it. As long as it doesn't involve money. Or sex...

Anyway... Here's why The Gummi Bears was so awesome: There was extensive lore built into it from the start. There were a crap load of forgotten lands, lost technology, and stuff that still existed, but that they no longer knew about, or knew how to use. It was like Battletech, but with bears.

Speaking of Battletech, FASA was actually sued by the makers of Macross for stealing their designs. The same designs that made it into Robotech, which was actually a mish-mash of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada. Seriously, watch Macross: Do you Remember Love. You can clearly see a Marauder and a Warhammer from Battletech, not to mention plenty of Phoenix Hawk LAMs. Also watch it because it's a damn good movie.

EDIT: I started writing this post two hours ago, so yes I know Johnny Unusual already mentioned the three series Robotech came from. But as long as I'm typing more:

Nausicaa is one of my favorite movies ever. The only reason I didn't include it was because I was sticking strictly to TV series. 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
#17 –A Grand Day Out with Wallace and Grommit
(58 Points) 3 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #5 - gojikranz
Fuck the supermarket; let’s get our cheese from the MOON.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uw6Xh9enu_w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uw6Xh9enu_w</a>
Release Date:  1989

Just the Plagarism

A Grand Day Out is a 1989 British stop motion animated short film directed and animated by Nick Park at Aardman Animations in Bristol. In the film, Wallace and Gromit spend a bank holiday by building a rocket to the Moon to sample some cheese. It was released in theaters with Disney's The Little Mermaid.

As Wallace and Gromit relax at home, pondering where to go for the upcoming bank holiday, Wallace discovers that he has run out of cheese. He suggests that they go somewhere to get more, and they settle on the moon, since "everybody knows the moon's made of cheese." They quickly construct a rocket in the basement and pack provisions for the journey, but Wallace realises at the last moment that he has forgotten the crackers. He hurries to the kitchen and gets all the crackers, making it back to the rocket just as the engine ignites. However, the rocket stays in place until Gromit remembers to release the hand brake so it can lift off.

Nick Park started creating the film in 1982 as a graduation project for the National Film and Television School. In 1985, Aardman Animations took him on before he finished the piece, allowing him to work on it part-time while still being funded by the school. To make the film, Park wrote to William Harbutt's company, requesting a long ton of plasticine. The block he received had ten colours, one of which was called "stone"; this was used for Gromit. Park wanted to voice Gromit, but he realised the voice he had in mind – that of Peter Hawkins – would have been difficult to animate.

For Wallace, Park offered Peter Sallis £50 to voice the character, and his acceptance greatly surprised the young animator. Park wanted Wallace to have a Lancastrian accent like himself, but Sallis could only do a Yorkshire voice. Inspired by how Sallis drew out the word "cheese", Park chose to give Wallace large cheeks. When Park called Sallis six years later to explain he had completed his film, Sallis swore in surprise.

Gromit was named after grommets, because Park's brother, an electrician, often mentioned them, and Nick Park liked the sound of the word. Wallace was originally a postman named Jerry, but Park felt the name did not match well with Gromit. Park saw an overweight Labrador retriever named Wallace, who belonged to an old woman boarding a bus in Preston. Park commented it was a "funny name, a very northern name to give a dog".

According to the book The World of Wallace and Gromit, original plans were that the film would be 40 minutes long including a sequence where Wallace and Gromit would discover a Fast-food restaurant on the Moon. Regarding the original plot, Park said:

The original story was that Wallace and Gromit were going to go to the Moon and there were going to be a whole lot of characters there. One of them was a parking meter attendant, which was the only one that remained – the robot cooker character – but there were going to be aliens, and all sorts. There was going to be a McDonalds on the Moon, and it was going to be like a spoof Star Wars. Wallace was going to get thrown into prison and Gromit was going to have to get him out. By the time I came to Aardman, I had just started doing the Moon scene and somebody told me, "It's going to take you another nine years if you do that scene!" so I had to have a check with reality and cut that whole bit out. Somehow, I had to tie up the story on the Moon and finish the film.

Quantum Vagina’s take - Kind of a funny coincidence that this showed up on the list right above it’s partner in theaters. I’ve never seen it, but I have seen some Wallace and Grommit stuff, and all I remember is that it was very British and mildly entertaining.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
#16 –The Last Unicorn
(62 Points) 4 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #2 - ColeStratton
Unicorns are pretty damned cool.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-UpwWauZ50" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t-UpwWauZ50</a>
Release Date:  1982

Just the Plagarism
The Last Unicorn is a 1982 American animated fantasy film directed by Jules Bass and Arthur Rankin, Jr. and featuring the voices of Alan Arkin, Jeff Bridges, and Mia Farrow as the Unicorn. The film was produced by Rankin/Bass for ITC Entertainment, and animated by Topcraft. Based on the novel The Last Unicorn written by Peter S. Beagle, who also wrote the film's screenplay, the film is about a unicorn who, upon learning that she is the last unicorn in the world, goes on a quest to find out what has happened to the others of her kind.

The film features additional voices of Tammy Grimes, Keenan Wynn, René Auberjonois, Robert Klein, Angela Lansbury, and Christopher Lee. The musical score and the songs were composed and arranged by Jimmy Webb, and performed by the group America with additional vocals provided by Lucy Mitchell. The film earned $2,250,000 on its opening weekend and grossed $6,455,330 domestically.

The Last Unicorn premiered on 648 theaters in the United States on November 19, 1982, and earned $2,250,000 on its opening weekend. The first U.S. DVD, released by Lionsgate in April 2004, was made from poor-quality masters and the video and audio both suffer. Upon the release of this DVD, Conlan Press lobbied Lionsgate to "to do something about it." Lionsgate licensed the German video masters and audio mix, and came up with a "25th Anniversary Edition" DVD which was released in North America on February 6, 2007. It has audio and visual quality superior to the original U.S. release, and is in 16:9 widescreen format, but has several swear words edited out, and as a result of being taken from PAL masters, plays 4% faster than the original film, resulting in a slightly higher audio pitch than normal. The new DVD edition includes a featurette with an interview with the author, as well as a set-top game, image gallery, and the original theatrical trailer. Conlan Press is offering the 25th Anniversary Edition DVD for sale.

Due to ongoing contractual disputes, none of the proceeds of DVD purchases through other sources will reach Peter S. Beagle. However, because of the special agreement Conlan Press made with Lionsgate Entertainment, more than half of the payment for copies purchased through Conlan Press will go to Beagle. In addition to the standard version of the DVD, Conlan Press offers the option of purchasing individually personalized autographed copies. As of October 2011, over 2,500,000 copies of the DVD have been sold.

Since 1999, this film has been controlled by a British company, Granada Media International (a subsidiary of ITV plc). From 2003-11, Beagle was involved in a financial dispute with Granada over nonpayment of contractually due profit and merchandising shares. On July 29, 2011, Beagle announced at his Otakon appearance that he and ITV had reached an agreement that was beneficial to all parties, and should please fans of the book of the same name because it will make new merchandise and business development possible. On October 14, 2011, at his New York Comic Con appearance, he announced the first results of the deal, including limited edition art prints of original concept paintings from the film, an 80-city digital screening tour with Beagle doing audience Q&A, and a complete renovation of the original film for worldwide release in movie theaters as a 30th anniversary event.

Quantum Vagina’s take - I think I’m just going to have to accept that I like this portion of Rankin/Bass work, and hate the shitty Christmas specials. I haven’t seen it, and indeed wasn’t aware of it’s existence, but I believe this is the kind of thing that’d get a “Bwaaaah!” out of Hank Hill, and I usually enjoy those.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
#15 –He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
(64 Points) 5 of 13 Lists - Highest Ranking - #2 - Quantum Vagina
By the Power of Greyskull!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yeA7a0uS3A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7yeA7a0uS3A</a>
Release Date:  1983

Just the Plagarism
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is an American animated television series produced by Filmation based on Mattel's successful toy line Masters of the Universe. The show, often referred to as simply He-Man, was one of the most popular animated children's shows of the 1980s, and has retained a heavy cult following to this day.

It made its television debut in 1983 and ran until 1985, consisting of two seasons of 65 episodes each. Reruns continued to air in syndication until 1988, at which point USA Network bought the rights to the series. USA aired He-Man until September 1990. Reruns of the show are no longer being broadcast on the Qubo Night Owl in the U.S. Currently the show is viewed on Retro Television Network, on Me-TV, and in Canada on Teletoon Retro.

The show takes place on the fictional planet of Eternia, a planet of magic, myth and fantasy. The show's lead character is Prince Adam, the young son of Eternia's rulers, King Randor and Queen Marlena. Whenever Prince Adam uses the Sword of Power, and when he holds it aloft and says the magic words "By the Power of Grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER" he is endowed with fabulous secrets powers and transformed into He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. Together with his close allies, Battle Cat (who undergoes a similar transformation from being Adam's cowardly pet tiger Cringer), The Sorceress, Teela, Man-At-Arms and Orko, He-Man uses his powers to defend Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor. Skeletor's main goal is to conquer the mysterious fortress of Castle Grayskull, from which He-Man draws his powers. If he succeeds, Skeletor would conquer the world of Eternia, and possibly the whole universe.

Despite the limited animation techniques that were used to produce the series, He-Man was notable for breaking the boundaries of censorship that had severely restricted the narrative scope of children's TV programming in the 1970s. For the first time in years, a cartoon series could feature a muscular superhero who was actually allowed to hit people (although he more typically used wrestling-style moves rather than actually punching enemies), though he still could not use his sword often; more often than not He-Man opted to pick up his opponents and toss them away rather than hit them. The cartoon was controversial in that it was produced in connection with marketing a line of toys; advertising to children was itself controversial during this period. In the United Kingdom, advertising regulations forbade commercials for He-Man toys to accompany the program itself. In similar fashion to other shows at the time: notably G.I. Joe, an attempt to mitigate the negative publicity generated by this controversy was made by including a "life lesson" or "moral of the story" at the end of each episode. This moral was usually directly tied to the action or central theme of that episode.

Quantum Vagina’s take -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is all.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
Interesting, we're getting into a little "I've riffed this" section of the list.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
I've been meaning to watch the next entry on the list for ages, so I'm going to take the opportunity to so so before posting it. I will finish off the next 4 tonight, with the top 10 tomorrow!