Author Topic: What did you learn this time?  (Read 4143 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Re: What did you learn this time?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
Riding with Death, yes. There was something about this one that reminded me of a season 8 MST.

I learned that making a homage to the Scatman Crothers hotel room scene in The Shining doesn't work with Picasso, stained glass, and Degas.

I learned that you can insert a plethora of paintings throughout your film and have a character be an artist who paints and still never link it up to your Shining/Halloween/Apocalypse Now/Frankenstein rip off theme.

I learned that bikers want to have sex with guys in cafes.

I learned that there were bikers in 1982 that didn't know the age of Hellcats et al, had passed.

I learned that small time sheriffs can be egged on by guys who speak like eighth graders.

I learned that Kevin (or was it Bill?) bribes camera men to wander off the set.....and it doesn't work.

I learned that a guy in flames jumping into a lake is.........hilarious!

Seriously, what the hell with this movie?

Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
I learned that Pizza Inn is apparently the one pizza place in the US that doesn't deliver.

And who the heck keeps a 10-lb tube of bologna in their fridge anyway?

You must not have been around in the 80's.
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 05:02:01 AM »
I learned that ostensibly brilliant men will not foresee any possible problems with giving a psychotic serial killer--who was already unnaturally strong to begin with--superhuman healing powers.

The thing with the well, I just assumed the sheriff's goal wasn't to kill the guy, but to trap him.  At least until they did the "omg he's still alive" shot at the end.  But really, throwing him down the well was still the best they could do in those circumstances.  He didn't have an axe.  He didn't have a vehicle.  He didn't have a chainsaw.  He didn't have a  shotgun, can of gasoline, and lighter.  Just two fists.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »
I learned that ostensibly brilliant men will not foresee any possible problems with giving a psychotic serial killer--who was already unnaturally strong to begin with--superhuman healing powers.

The thing with the well, I just assumed the sheriff's goal wasn't to kill the guy, but to trap him.  At least until they did the "omg he's still alive" shot at the end.  But really, throwing him down the well was still the best they could do in those circumstances.  He didn't have an axe.  He didn't have a vehicle.  He didn't have a chainsaw.  He didn't have a  shotgun, can of gasoline, and lighter.  Just two fists.

I think the sequel that they STILL have not made is that C.H.U.D. will come out in the well and cut his head off.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »
Wait a second. Weren't those guys already experimenting on him before he was "arrested" and "killed"?  I mean how else would he have been able to kick out a car door and break out of handcuffs?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »
I don't think it was explicitly stated but that's the impression I got since his therapist seemed to work at the research medical center Dim Cop didn't seem to aware of, so it must not be a hospital that typically takes in patients.  It also seems "implied" the guy already was a "remarkable man" that their formula was more likely to work on than anyone else.

Sort of like Wolverine and his adamantium skeleton. He just happened to be already remarkable with his healing factor so they tested the lengths of his ability, and their surgery techniques, to cover his skeleton in the indestructable metal.

I dunno, the boobs Chuck's girlfriend were nice.

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Dairy Council took my thumbs
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
I want a Ron Silver coat hook just like in the movie. I could talk to Ron about my day, use him to coordinate new outfits. Tape cat rods to his hands so I can actually get something DONE in the afternoon, LOL!
WARNING: In case of Rapture, this dance belt will be unoccupied.

Offline rrpostal

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
I learned this movie wasn't nearly as frightening as it was when I saw it in the as a kid. I always remembered seeing this scary Chuck Norris movie, but could never remember what it was called or managed to figure it out. So I have not seen it since it (amazingly) ran in theaters. I am shocked by my memory of this movie versus the reality. The scariest thing is that some of my other childhood memories may be just as messed up. Thanks rifftrax!

Offline RedZoneTuba

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 07:53:49 AM »
If you want to get together again with an ex-girlfriend, a good approach is to constantly leer at her while she's working and then to paw, Torgo-style, at her while she is driving after agreeing to give you a ride.  Chicks love that!