login

Author Topic: 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 05:10:28 AM »
How about an episode where a freak narrative accident sends Sam far into the future and he's in the body of a sexy female Vulcan  liaison officer?

"Oh boy..."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:16:22 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 05:27:20 AM »
A crossover of Better Off Ted and Andy Richter Controls The Universe would have been pretty amusing since the guy who played Byron was in both.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54:51 AM »
I'd like the Seinfeld gang to re-unite for an episode of It's Always Sunny...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
They should just bring Quantom Leap back and put Sam in a new show each week.
They should bring it back for one episode and then give it a decent ending.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
They should just bring Quantom Leap back and put Sam in a new show each week.
They should bring it back for one episode and then give it a decent ending.

I just want someone to do the joke they came up with on the Nerdist podcast of hiring Dean Stockwell to crash a panel at a comic con of Scott Bakula's in full costume with Ziggy while everyone else on the panel acts like they can't see him.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »
Oh, hey. This news also appeared during SDCC:

With The Simpsons entering their 25th year on the air, creator Matt Groening, executive producer Al Jean, supervising director Mike Anderson, consulting producer David Silverman and actor Tress MacNeille sat in on the panel in front of a packed auditorium.

First up was a special opening sequence directed by Guillermo del Toro, which packed in virtually every horror movie character or scenario in a few minutes along with parodies of several of del Toro's own films. Set you DVR now, since it'll take many viewings to try catching all the jokes.

On the heels of finding out that the Simpsons will appear on Family Guy, the big announcement today is that there will be a Futurama crossover episode of The Simpsons, which was welcome news to attendees. That episode of The Simpsons will record next month and either air as the Season 25 finale next May or the Season 26 premiere fall 2014. Other guest stars for the upcoming season will include Kristen Wiig, Zach Galifianakis, Elisabeth Moss, Stan Lee and Harlan Ellison.

In other news, Groening said that there would also be more crossover between the show and The Simpsons: Tapped Out, while Jean teased a "Holidays of Future Passed" sequel episode where Homer dies so many times he eventually appears as a hologram, and Maggie still doesn't talk. He also mentioned that a "very musical episode" is in the works but couldn't offer any more details yet.

As far as another Simpsons Movie is concerned, Jean said there was "nothing imminent", with Groening saying that everyone's still recovering from pulling double duty for four years on the first one.

A second clip was played from an episode where a mom voiced by Elisabeth Moss names her son Homer Jr., with the footage showing Homer playing with "HJ" and even dreaming of him while bouncing Maggie on his knee (Maggie dreams of Flanders bouncing her on his knee).

In addition to audience questions there were a couple musical numbers. Four performers came out on stage to sing a medley of songs from the show in the middle of the panel and to close things out at the end.

Well, on the plus side the Futurama /Simpsons crossover is great news. On the down side, the Tapped Out crossover, less so.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
So did anybody watch this? I thought it was really good. Lots of LOL moments.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 02:47:37 PM »
eh. *shrugs*
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:24 PM »
So did anybody watch this? I thought it was really good. Lots of LOL moments.

I laughed here & there. The joke about Bob Belcher (and Cleveland) was great although I saw it in the commercials.  Actually I think most of the funnier bits were in the commercials....  Kool Aid Man joke was funny. I laughed at that one.  Probably laughed the hardest at the joke about crossover shows at the beginning being a marketing thing.

Overall it wasn't terrible.  I enjoyed it.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
It was fun, the arguement over beer becoming an argument of the individual shows was well done.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
Peter showing Homer how to do a cutaway was a highlight. Stewie's idolization of Bart was fun. The big "chicken fight" at the end was fun if you like chicken fights. I also thought Roger's exit as he's sucked out of Kodos and Kang's ship (Thanks for having me!) was a neat reference to American Dad moving to TBS.

Soguru

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »
It had a few funny moments and a couple great gags here and there. However, in between the vomit-inducing carwash scene and the way the story goes off the rails, it goes for the obvious, easy jokes. I did like how Lisa was trying to be encouraging to Meg and how Stewie idolized Bart, but every story idea just kind of went nowhere and it seemed like everything that happened had no impact on either the Simpsons or the Griffins. In short, this crossover left me kind of empty.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
Obviously even though the locale and cast was primarily The Simpsons, the writing was primarily Family Guy, for all the good and bad that entails. Which, on the one side, means of course nothing matters or is canon, so it's easy enough to pretend it never happened if you don't like it. (And as I believe Entertainment Weekly pointed out, the presence of Kang and Kodos means you can pretend it was just a Treehouse of Horror segment.)

It took surprisingly long (by Family Guy standards, anyway) for the plot to get to Springfield. And as is often the case with Simpsons side projects, the lack of Harry Shearer was a detriment. There were some fun meta jokes (the dual James Woods cameo was a highlight for me) and a surprisingly touching-albeit very small-Meg/Lisa subplot, but overall, you probably could have packed all the good bits into a normal-length episode.

Soguru

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 12:32:20 PM »
It took surprisingly long (by Family Guy standards, anyway) for the plot to get to Springfield. And as is often the case with Simpsons side projects, the lack of Harry Shearer was a detriment. There were some fun meta jokes (the dual James Woods cameo was a highlight for me) and a surprisingly touching-albeit very small-Meg/Lisa subplot, but overall, you probably could have packed all the good bits into a normal-length episode.
The subplot about Santa's Little Helper disappearing really irked me. It was so stupid, pointless and unfunny. It was probably some of the worst padding I've ever seen.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »
The subplot about Santa's Little Helper disappearing really irked me. It was so stupid, pointless and unfunny. It was probably some of the worst padding I've ever seen.
If it had an ending, I wouldn't have minded, but it just kind of stopped.

gum.co/RFTthing